Author Topic: New Creature-The K'jal  (Read 15686 times)

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature-The K'jal
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2007, 05:59:26 am »
There we go!  I've finished updating my creature!  Enjoy!

Introduction
The K’jal are a land walking species that originated on the marsh-like planet K’cora.  For the first one million years of their existence they were a mainly tribal race, moderately intelligent, yet very susceptible to propaganda.  There wasn’t suitable foundation for buildings, and the fast-growing flora made towns and cities nearly impossible.  Yet for the next hundred years of their development, they suddenly grew into a space-faring race, without any discernable change in their planet’s climate or their thought-processes.  The most odd thing about them though, is that they all unanimously worshipped a god, called K’xia, who they claimed could be talked to. Indeed, for a price they allowed outsiders to converse with it, and it had an alarmingly accurate knowledge of other races and planets. Outside observers have noted that their god was never factually wrong in any subject, and can speak nonstop for centuries without going off track or stopping. K’cora was off limits to outsiders, and all attempts to detect what’s on its surface had failed, so no one actually knew what their god looks like.  1000 years after they discovered K’xia, it evacuated the planet of all K’jalians into a massive spacestation called a Dyson.  He implanted brain input devices, and hooked them up into nanobot suits, creating an invincible mind controlled army.  He used the army to attack the nearby star systems, using the K’jalian drones to fulfill his pledge of revenge against organic beings.  Thus started the Nanobotic Wars.  Meanwhile, a young K’jalian called K’aea found a Naucean database, which he used to access all the information the Nauceans gained of the universe.  Since K’jalian biology makes them memorize everything, K’aea was on the way of knowing everything the Nauceans discovered.  He realized that K’xia was a false god, and he started the Great Rebellion.  Creating a mech army, he started the bitter struggle towards the new home world, also known as K’cora (All home planets and star systems are called K’cora).  Finally, about five years after finding the Naucean database, he memorized nearly everything about the universe, and ascended into a new plane of reality.  He then effortlessly released the nanobotic army, and entered the capitol.  He fought a long and hard battle against K’xia, and emerged as the victor.  After that, K’jal became a peaceful race, joining alliances and celebrating their new freedom.

Politics
Government systems
The K’jal was a strict theocracy back before the Great Rebellion.  All commands came from the false God K’xia, and no written laws were created.  K’xia kept a close guard around him, and any criminals were hunted down and killed by them, regardless of innocence or which misdeed was carried out by the civilian.  Those who became too well versed in maths, science, or the humanities were also killed in secret.  The capitol was lavishly decorated, and the high priests would often come out and orate for the citizens.  Before K’xia, there was a purely feudal system of government, but it was a theocracy nonetheless, populated by shamans and witchdoctors.  After the great rebellion, K’xia installed a democratic government, with citizens voting on laws the elected council members propose.
Alliances
The K’jal now currently belong to the AoH.  They created the capitol district, using their superior monument designing skills.  The diplomatic offices of the different races belonging to the AoH surround the main building.  A cable line provides transport to the Debate Stadium, where physics are nonexistent, and objects can be conjured up with willpower.  Before the Great Rebellion, the K’jal had no alliances, and kept all of its resources and planets guarded and secret.  They colonized little planets in that time, keeping out of the radar from other creatures, but the Dysons they created spanned far and wide, and provided crucial support in attacking the Forthi.  Below is a picture of the designed capitol district:

Religion
The false god
K’xia, the false god, crash landed on K’jal after escaping from the wrath of the previous planet it had been on.  It was a form of the Catalyst, but it was physically handicapped, and not considered a problem by the Jang.  Ten years after he had landed, The marshlands tribe found him lying in some forgotten mud hole.  The main shaman of the marshlands tribe identified him as a god, and they started worshipping him.  K’xia took his chance and filled the godlike role, ordering them to build a lavish capitol with modern amenities.  The marshlands tribe’s religious devotion to him, coupled with their large numbers and his technological expertise, helped the K’jalian race to reach a level of technology, society, and economy of a spacefaring race within 70 years.  He also helped them win the Holy Crusade against the other tribes on k’cora.  Every 36 years he would come out and speak to the people, filling their heads with inspiration and propaganda.  He silently killed nonbelievers and those too well learned, using the priest system he set up.
Priest System
The K’yut, or the Priest, was the highest position a K’jal could wish to strive for.  The K’yut was divided up into 3 ranks.  The High Priest, foremost advisor to K’xia, The Temple Priests, the priests whose job was that of organizing the complicated ceremonies of K’xia, and The Temple Guard, those in charge of K’xia’s protection and dirty work.  They also doubled as policemen.
Ceremonies
The ceremonies of the K’jal were elaborate, taking days to complete, with patterns K’xia didn’t even fully understand.  Half of the capitol was set aside for these ceremonies.  The population of the capitol would fill this space, and move their limbs as one, creating massive pictures, stories, and displays of K’xia’s power.  At the end, K’xia would as a reward pump the whole capitol with mind-altering drugs, giving the K’jal a sense of euphoria and elation.  This played a big role in the Nanobotic wars, as K’aea’s mech army had to infiltrate the capitol before one of these ceremonies would be finished, and K’aea would be affected by these drugs.  They made it just in time.
Nanobotic Wars
The main goal of K’xia was to destroy all organic beings in the universe as punishment for putting him in exile.  The entire time he spent masquerading as a god was only to be able to create a large enough population base to have a sufficient army.  Afterwards, he designed nanobotic suits for the K’jal, which were impenetrable and able to keep moving after the host was dead.  The suits would plug into the brain input centers on the K’jal, and he would be able to control an entire species.  They attacked their nearest neighbors first, the Forthi, who did not stand a chance, despite their advanced technology.  Nothing they had could stop this mind-controlled menace.  The Dysons, which had been secretly filling all regions of space around this planet, blocked all communications and destroyed the planet’s cities.  The Nanobotic Wars were stopped, when K’aea, an ascended K’jal, obliterated the suits and revived all the casualties.  The Forthi had no memory of this war.
Post-god religion
K’aea had a great distrust of religion after the Nanobotic wars, so he made sure that his K’jalian counterparts didn’t refer to him as a deity.  Needless to say, he had mixed results, and the K’jalians still think of him as godlike.

Language
Numerical system
Grammar
Letters
[
Biology
Basic Structure:
Central Nervous System:
Digestive and Respiratory system
Reproductive System
Outer Shell

History
http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=timelinevl0.jpg

« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 06:02:50 am by Kcronos »
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2007, 06:21:53 am »
Hey, he asked. That makes him a King amongst Newbies in my Book.

I also like his creature. Keep the info coming, keep it coming...
:o
Soooo... Where am I?
Oh...
And I love your creature! :P
Your a n00b so..... hes about ten or twenty ranks above you.

Kratok-Making off-topic posts since the internets
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 06:26:34 am by Kratok »

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2007, 07:13:11 am »
I got to say Kcronos; The K’jal are awesome!

There is a lot of new species around with great potential!   

Two thumbs up... keep it up!  ;)

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2007, 07:14:52 am »
Anything I need to add?
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT

Offline DK_Man

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2007, 07:22:56 am »
these guys are awesome!

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2007, 10:13:49 am »
What do you think if I added their evolution or their architecture?
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2007, 10:15:22 am »
I suggest Evolution. Oh, and FOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...D!

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2007, 12:23:23 pm »
wow, i think that whole update from a few posts ago should go on the first post. Nice drawing also!  ;D
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2007, 02:59:28 am »
Cool creature design!

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2007, 01:06:55 pm »
Thanks, Hydro  :)
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2007, 02:28:52 pm »
Have I mentioned how great this species is yet?! ;D

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2007, 02:35:07 pm »
It is indeed a really cool species!  :D

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2007, 07:45:27 pm »
Have you put up any information about these robots of yours that are running rampant through AoH headquarters, or did I just miss it?

And you do have a very cool creature, by the way.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2007, 08:02:52 pm »
This only goes up to AoH formation.  It marks the date when my creature became active in RPs.

The robots are shape shifting machines that were developed using a mysterious metal found in the derelict temple of K'ixa.  They are coated witha layer of grade E heat protector gel, which allows the unstable metal to survive unintentional low grade plasma (Such as explosions or projectile friction).  If encountered with an open flame, however, they will burn through the gel, and a massive explosion will occur over two cubic meters, with a shockwave of well over a kilometer.  The metal is otherwise impervious to any impact force, except if the impact comes from an object that is made of the same material.  It can also survive any heat, (despite its aversion to plasma) and lift objects of titanic mass and weight.  Their brain has FTL speed, which accounts for instant reaction time (And instant reaction because of its immunity to air lag) and massive strategy.  Unfortunately, they are resentful to take orders, and may even hurl insults at the being who gave them such orders, refering to organic beings as "Inferior planet infestations" or even "Errors".  They cannot harm another being or disobey orders, and if treated with kindness and respect, they will be good servants and do their jobs with massive exhuberance.  In times of the AoH diplomat's fits of madness, they take care of her and assume administrative roles.  Their personality and societial thinking is based on a K'jalian, which inhibits them at times on the field.

The guards of the AoH have to morph into clowns to calm the Azimuths of their presence.  They are usually the most unruly bunch of robots because of their mistreation at the hands of diplomats from other races, but they have calmed down considerably after discovering the pasttime, "Who can scare the Azimuth most".  This involves throwing them off cliffs and rescuing them at the last minute.  This technically doesn't harm the Azimuth, but it really makes them angry...  :D
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2007, 07:01:54 am »
If the false god had not turned out to be a Catalyst, then the description would have fitted Nemesis like a glove! It would have been just his thing to pose as a god.

K'aea finished a gigantic monument to Axon, spanning which had once been a dead planet, now a commemoration to the Wexxian's life.  Annoyed with his robots' lack of progress, he called XJ-1 on his comlink.

//What's the hold up?//
//Whats my orders?//
XJ-1 replied sulkingly. K'aea spluttered in frustration.
//I don't know, just go to the nearest REDSTAR world and see if you can get some sort of administrative position.  Now go!//
Stupid robots, K'aea thought to himself, before looking up at the gigantic monument to the Wexxian.  Ooops,  thats gonna cost me in ixalka (karma)...

Did I get that right… a PLANET SPANNING MONUMENT? Ok you got my attention!