Author Topic: New Creature-The K'jal  (Read 11810 times)

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
New Creature-The K'jal
« on: February 01, 2007, 12:49:49 pm »
//This is an announcement from the esteemed ruler K'aea.  He regrets to inform you that the information below is misleading, and would like to redirect your attention to the information gathered after the Great Rebellion: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=8323.30

History
The K’jal are a land walking species that originated on the marsh-like planet K’cora.  For the first one million years of their existence they were a mainly tribal race, moderately intelligent, yet very susceptible to propaganda.  There wasn’t suitable foundation for buildings, and the fast-growing flora made towns and cities nearly impossible.  Yet for the next hundred years of their development, they suddenly grew into a space-faring race, without any discernable change in their planet’s climate or their thought-processes.  The most odd thing about them though, is that they all unanimously worship a god who they claim can be talked to.  Indeed, for a price they allow outsiders to converse with it, and it has an alarmingly accurate knowledge of other races and planets.  Outside observers have noted that their god is never factually wrong in any subject, and can speak nonstop for centuries without going off track or stopping.  K’cora is off limits to outsiders, and all attempts to detect what’s on its surface has failed, so no one actually knows what their god looks like.  The only information the K’jal have disclosed is that their god fell from the sky, and its first words were “I’m not a god, I am a servant”.
Politics
The K’jal are a neutral race, even refusing to colonize other planets, since they believe that it would impede other races by doing so.  They do make large residential structures in space however, which they cover with a opaque globe so no one can see what goes on inside.  They are a very secretive race.  They have no governmental structure, since they just do what their “god” tells them to do.  Because of their very pliable manner, there are no crimes on their world, for they would be going against their god’s word.

Remember, I’m not saying their god is real.  The only information available is that a being fell to their planet, and the inhabitants started worshipping it.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 06:04:17 am by Kcronos »

* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature-The K'jal
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 12:55:06 pm »
coolies. nice drawing!  ;)
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 12:57:07 pm »
I love it when we get a good drawer in the CC. Do me a favour and don't get into politics too much later on. (I mean in RPs)
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 12:59:38 pm »
Very interesting race, and nice drawing! My guess is their god is a representative of a race that uplifted them without telling them.

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 01:00:04 pm »
I love it when we get a good drawer in the CC. Do me a favour and don't get into politics too much later on. (I mean in RPs)

yeah thats a very good tip you gave there always! as always. :D
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 01:02:25 pm »
Thanks Xeno, and I'm guessing their God is an advanced computer that crash-landed or was sent down there.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 01:04:30 pm »
Yeah,  I got the idea when I heard you can have other species worshipping you.  Then I wondered what would happen if they still worshipped you after many years, when they had the same technology.
The K'jal are still ignorant of technology and the like, and they believe that anything advanced is magic.  Remember, they're open to propoganda.

By the way Xeno, I know what they're god is, and you're very close  ;)
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 01:06:01 pm »
yeah, i get the credits for something smart always said. i'm cool  8) <-------most annoying smiley in the world.
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 01:07:26 pm »
Oops, sorry Xeno I mean Alwayswatching,  I got mixed up.  I opologize :-[
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 01:09:26 pm »
Haha, it's okay.

JUST NEVER DO IT AGAIN YOU VILE PIECE OF HUMAN SCUM!

Was I joking? ;)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 01:14:29 pm »
Um, I think he was talking to me (or was he?). Anyway cool race. Would be cool to see you post later more about its religion, biology, culture and other stuff like that.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 01:18:01 pm »
awesome
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 01:19:31 pm »
Age of Mythology truly was a cracking game. Also, good creature. Veeeeery suspiciousy.

Do you think you'll be doing any RP-ing?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2007, 01:27:04 pm »
I might, considering you may already know who their "god" is...
Their dialoge may go something like "Hello fellow angel, I'm high priest K'yut.  I come in place of god, who (yet again), didn't manage to make it today"
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2007, 01:42:48 pm »
Sorry for double posting.  I just finished the segment on their biology and culture...
Biology
The K’jal have six tentacles branching off from their body.  Because of fierce flying predators on their planet, they have to be able to move very fast.  But because of the terrain in which they have to live in is so unstable, they have to have a very flexible style of movement.  The only rigid structure of their body is the large shell on top of their head, and the rest of their body is actually one conjoined muscle/joint.  This prevents sprains or fractures, and can help them swim in an exceptionally watery portion of their planet.  The inside of their tear-shaped shell is where the brain and cardiovascular system is stored.  They have a mouth right under the tip of their shell, which transports their food (mostly marsh plankton) to the central body where the digestive system is.  Waste goes out the same way food goes in (The digestive system forms a “package” of cellulose around the waste, so it doesn’t “yucky-up” the esophagus.  They reproduce by splitting off their two hind tentacles, which grows into one baby K’jal (Like a starfish).  They have two large sensory organs on the sides of their head, and take up about the same space as their brain.
Culture
They connect ceremonies to everything, from the sunrise to the creation of yet another starship.  They are in awe of their god, and appoint priests to do his bidding.  As I said before, nothing is really known about their architecture, so no one knows what their temple looks like.  They are behind in every subject, and refer to anything amazing as “magic”.  Any K’jal who becomes too well versed in certain subjects mysteriously disappears.  The K’jal have certain hatreds to certain species for no clear reason, calling them “demons” (They claim that their god is descended from a demon), and sucking up to others, calling them “angels”.  For instance, they love the ViS yet hate the Nauceans.  (plz don’t judge me from this.  One of my favorite species is the Naucean.  They get their hatreds from their god).
* Plank of Wood slaps

QFT