Author Topic: What are you playing now?  (Read 231633 times)

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
Re: What are you playing now?
« Reply #1725 on: December 14, 2016, 10:13:50 am »
Why do I want to abuse a shiny and make it stay longer with trick? To increase the chances of more shinies spawning?

also, I don't have access to Substitute yet since I'm still mid-story. I like to mix it up by breeding and looking for rare pokes
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 11:16:25 am by Pixxel »
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1726 on: December 14, 2016, 10:40:25 am »
I GOT A RARE POKE FOR YOU RIGHT HERE.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 14, 2016, 11:56:00 am »
Why do I want to abuse a shiny and make it stay longer with trick? To increase the chances of more shinies spawning?

So it doesn't run out of PP and struggle to death. You're not some kind of pleb who catches things in Ultra Balls, are you?
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 15, 2017, 05:52:23 pm »
So I got the free Mass effect 2 from Orgrin,but I'm starting with Mass effect 1

I remember being hyped for Mass effect when it was announced but ended up not buying it because  I didn't have a machine capable of running it,which i do now.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1729 on: February 15, 2017, 06:24:31 pm »
You're gonna have a really fun time. Mass Effect does a great job establishing a setting and follows through with most of its goals.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: February 19, 2017, 11:10:07 pm »
You're gonna have a really fun time. Mass Effect does a great job establishing a setting and follows through with most of its goals.

Emphasis on most if the outrage on the ending is any indication.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 20, 2017, 03:15:38 am »
So I built a new PC and so have been playing a lot of PC games recently, basically catching up on a decade's worth of "oh that won't run on my computer."

I've been playing:

Overwatch, which scratches that old forgotten TF2 itch. I can't see myself getting as into it as some of the level 90+ people I see, but I'll totally be coming back to this frequently in the future. Games only last like 10-15 minutes usually so it's nice if I don't have a ton of time.

Doom, which I loved. It feels fantastic, very fluid movement with lots of double jumping and airtime, which is something you wouldn't expect from the protagonists bulky space marine appearance. Wasn't nearly as difficult as I expected, managed to beat many of the bosses on the first attempt on the normal difficulty. Maybe I'll come back and play it on hard sometime.

Dishonored 2, which is taking me a while to get into, not much I can really say. I find myself getting a bit bored while playing and can't really articulate why. Like I said I'm not too far in and I remember enjoying the first one so I'll stick it through a bit more.

Dark Souls 3, I bought this together with the season pass in a deal, so now I feel like I have to play it. I know it's considered one of the best games of 2016 and games I love such as Hyper Light Drifter are often compared to it, but I don't love that I can go a whole play session and feel like I've made almost zero progress by the end. I enjoy playing but I've never been big on games that provoke the controller-smashing urge, and when you die just before you're ready to stop playing, losing thousands of souls and bringing you back to the same bonfire you were still at 2 hours ago, that doesn't feel great. :P Still, it looks amazing and I think I might learn to love it.

I felt before I built the PC that there were hundreds of games in my backlog but now those are the only ones I can think of. Oh, and the Witcher 3 which I hear is fantastic, but I want to get some of these "out of the way" first. And I'll definitely be playing Andromeda when it comes out.

Am I missing any other huge RPG/adventure/shooter PC games from the last few years? (I've played the Bethesda games/GTA).
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: February 20, 2017, 05:15:23 am »
Yeah, there's this game that got a ton of buzz called No Man's Sky. Haven't played it myself but the trailers promise an epic experience. You should pick it up full price, no need to wait for a sale.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: February 20, 2017, 06:17:40 am »
Who are you and what have you done with Black Twitter?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1734 on: February 20, 2017, 07:29:25 am »
Play through Crysis, that's a really fun game. Far Cry 3 and 4 are also worthwhile. Honestly you could probably run Star Citizen during a free-fly, so that might be something you want to check out (hit me up if you do that).  There's your CryEngine fix. If space sims are something you like and you aren't into alpha testing, you can try Elite: Dangerous, but I know little about it.

If you liked DOOM, play Wolfenstein. I liked it better for a "MODERN REBOOT", but I also think DOOM has been pretty lame for a while so ignore me if you want.

Grim Dawn will run well if you like ARPGs, it's pretty good. Civ VI and XCOM2 are worth playing. New Deus Ex (didn't play), Fallout 4, did you play Cities Skylines? There's the Black Mesa mod on Steam if you want to redo Half-Life 1. Minecraft also has more options now that you have a better system; consider re-texturing old games to get new life out of them.

You ever play Alpha Protocol? Older game but I don't know if you could run it. Decent game with the best conversation mechanic I've seen in a while. Does many aspects of Mass Effect better than Mass Effect. New Battlefield? I hear it's okay. Not my thing though. Oh! Don't forget the new Hitman game, that one is supposed to be good. Just Cause 3 is stupid fun, but also very stupid. Want a challenging and rewarding multiplayer game? Pick up Natural Selection 2 on Steam. It's crazy-awesome, but hard.

You may have missed Spec Ops: The Line. Worth a playthrough at least. Very good FPS. Also The Stanley Parable has been remade and had a load of content added. There's a "new" TrackMania game if you like crazy racing games. There's a new Worms game that is good. There's this goofy shark game on Steam called Depth! (I think) that is a BLAST. I love this game.

That's all I got right now, I'm sure there are more. Did you play Starbound?

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 20, 2017, 07:39:29 am »
Do people still play Natural Selection 2? It's always interested me but I was under the impression the community was pretty dead.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1736 on: February 20, 2017, 07:44:17 am »
It has always had enough people to keep several servers full and active over its life. If you want to play now, you can probably find a full server to enjoy.

But the game is very deep and challenging, so it never got much of a mass following. It's always been a bit anemic. If you wanna play, go install it today and try. It'll probably actually be dying off sooner rather than later. :(

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 20, 2017, 08:42:18 am »
Crysis, Far Cry 3 and 4

There's something about these games I was never a fan of. They feel kind of clunky to me,  I guess?

Civ VI

We've played this together. :P

Fallout 4 / Cities Skylines / Black Mesa / Minecraft / The Stanley Parable

Played all four!

New Battlefield?

Huh. I had assumed this was a console exclusive. Might look into it. It's certainly a good looking game.

Spec Ops: The Line.

I've tried this, and again, there was something about the way it felt that put me off. :/

Did you play Starbound?

I've owned it since almost day one and basically never played it. I may still play it, but right now I'm mainly looking for games I wasn't able to play before. :P

New Deus Ex / Hitman

These are good suggestions and I will do these things.

You mentioned some other games which I don't know anything about / don't have much of an interest in, but I'll have a look around. Thanks for the ideas.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: February 20, 2017, 08:55:38 am »
For Honor has been the main thing right now.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 20, 2017, 11:09:05 am »
All of my friends and I think For Honor looks really good but none of us can rightfully justify getting a game that is both sixty dollars and on Uplay. Waiting for a sale.

Also my recommendations for Tesla are thusly:

Hand of Fate- Odd little roguelite/virtual board game/ARPG that is a lot of fun in my opinion. Give it a look, maybe watch a bit of a playthrough, and pick it up if it looks interesting to you.

Devil Daggers- A first-person shooter where there is one level, consisting of a single large platform, and enemies keep coming at you in the same pattern. Your goal is to survive as long as possible with your glove, which can shoot either an SMG-like stream of weird red energy shots or a shotgun-like burst of them. A little like a Hotline Miami level that goes on forever.

Killing Floor 2- It's pretty much just Killing Floor 1 but slightly better in every way. The best kind of visceral and gorish zombie-hunting action combined with an engaging, if somewhat slow, level-up system. The Michael-transactions are going to put some people off, but you can ignore Mike anyways. He doesn't provide any guns
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 11:19:01 am by Rysworld »