Author Topic: What are you playing now?  (Read 228905 times)

Offline Cend

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
Re: What are you playing now?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2005, 09:18:23 pm »
Farcry, Gothic 2, system shock 2 with some friends, Baldur's gate 2 (for the 6,000 time) and Allegiance.

Gothic 2 is pretty good, takes skill to fight well amazingly enough.

If you like space combat games, I'd suggest Allegiance. It's a game Microsoft released long ago and is now free (they released the source code for it).
Basiclly, it's multiplayer team based space combat, with one person commanding the team. The commander builds structures and researches technology and new ships/weapons for the team. It takes a lot of teamwork and is incredibly cool with stealth elements, sneak attacks, massive capital ships with 6 or so turrets. Another interesting thing is it has many voice 'emotes' that really add to the whole atmosphere of the game.

Can find it here at http://www.freeallegiance.org/

Hmmm, man, I'm not very good at writing reviews.
"Perfection is just the perceived absence of flaws."
-Marvilber, on the subject of elves.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2005, 09:21:18 pm »
System Shock is a great game.  My roommate and I were totally creeped out before we met the first monster.  That's a good game.  It's even better in a dark room with headphones on.  gosh...damn.  -leeman

Offline bselig

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2005, 11:53:21 pm »
Been playing a bit of Civ2 lately for some reason.  Not sure why, since I play the exact same game every time.  Isolationist republic/democracy until I get to mobile warfare, then switch to fundamentalism for a holy war of extermination.  Good times...

Offline Omnitron

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Paragon City Resident
    • View Profile
    • Central Nexus
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2005, 12:01:53 pm »
While I've deviated a couple times to various Xbox acquisitions like Burnout 3, I keep heading back to City of Heroes.  A lot of it is being a superheroic RPG gamemaster for YEARS - but rarely a player.  Being able to do several characters of my own, each with their own style, look, powers, supergroups, etc., has been wildly addictive for me.

Patiently waiting for them to release Issue 4 update to the game.  Especially after poking around the test server...

Offline voodoo

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2005, 06:37:18 pm »
I've been playing Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory lately (great game), but there sometimes the game feels like an advertising campaign. If anyone's interested I'll upload some pictures of what I mean.

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2005, 11:04:08 pm »
Mmmm... product placement in a stealth game. Sneaky indeed. ;) I'd like to see pics, if you don't mind.

I just got Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 today. Man I can't get enough of this game, and I don't know why. There's so much fun stuff to do. I now understand why so many of my nerdy middle school friends disappeared when the first Rollercoaster Tycoon game hit the shelves. ;D
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2005, 09:03:32 am »
Rather surprisingly i've just bought The Sims 2 and have been playing it for a couple of hours.  A huge improvement on the original and i must admit i'm finding it entertaining.  However i'm not sure about it's longevity, but hopefully it will last quite a while and has some good replayability.

Offline voodoo

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2005, 05:24:05 pm »
Sims 2 is fun in small doses. There are times where I just get hooked on it for a week, and then I can't stand it. It's like a cycle!

As for those Splinter Cell ads:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/ftseng/splintercell32005-04-0121-14-19-59.bmp
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/ftseng/splintercell32005-04-0212-26-08-20.bmp
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/ftseng/splintercell32005-04-0121-38-00-77.bmp
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/ftseng/splintercell32005-04-0213-04-27-71.bmp
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/ftseng/splintercell32005-04-0217-00-28-21.bmp

Not an ad, but I'm curious as to what it does:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/ftseng/splintercell32005-04-0213-03-59-31.bmp

Crap, photobucket makes them small, and imageshack was too slow...the real small one on the screen is for AMD. If you can't make out others, I'll tell you them.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2005, 05:28:53 pm »
Wow those screens are incredible... what sort of machine does that game need to be run on?  A beast i expect... shame, i only upgraded mine last year and it's already starting to feel inferior :(.

Offline voodoo

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2005, 05:50:17 pm »
I don't think the requirements are top-of-the-line, but my computer is very good. I just finished building this computer a couple of weeks ago. It runs really smooth and I have pretty much every graphical option at max, so I do think that it will run fine on lower/medium settings on lower-end systems.

The texture and detail in each level is amazing!

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2005, 06:31:47 am »
Do you reckon my 9600XT(256mb) will be able to run it on around medium?  I see no reason why not, but it's not the best card in the world.  Played Half-Life 2 fine though so i don't see why not...

Offline voodoo

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2005, 08:57:06 am »
If it could handle Half Life 2 (which I have yet to try on this computer), I'm pretty confident that it will run Chaos Theory fine.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2005, 04:10:15 am »
I'm currently playing Oddworld: Strangers Wrath for XBox too. Sims2 stays in my laptop and haven't played it so much lately.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2005, 06:11:41 am »
I use a Mac, which definitely limits the amount of computer games I can play. (I guess that's why I have a lot of console games...^_^) But there ARE quite a few good games that have been ported to Mac. I'm thinking of picking up KotoR, since I've heard nothing but good about it.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2005, 09:06:29 am »
Hurray for Macs!  KOTOR is a pretty awesome game.  I played it over a break nonstop for 5 days after I first got it.  From the little I've played of KOTOR 2, they've added some interesting changes and some cool story stuff but it's good to have played the first game before moving to the second.  -leeman