Author Topic: What are you playing now?  (Read 229132 times)

Offline legameboy

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Meep!
    • View Profile
    • Echonet
What are you playing now?
« on: March 19, 2005, 10:04:28 am »
PC

Just finished: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords and Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. Both great games all around. KotOR II: TSL slacked way off at the end, but the overall storyline and characters were even better than the first. I spent a good fifty hours playing the one. FFvsTTR is a great game, thought it lacks in some areas.

On pause: Nada.

Now playing: Rome: Total War. I can't get enough of it.

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
  • "Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has Trample"
    • View Profile
Re: What are you playing now?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 10:05:13 am »
Read my signature. (The top part)
Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 10:05:52 am »
I've got the Sims 2 in my CD-Drive. I'm not sure when I took it out last.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 02:42:39 pm »
Just finished: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords and Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich. Both great games all around. KotOR II: TSL slacked way off at the end, but the overall storyline and characters were even better than the first. I spent a good fifty hours playing the one. FFvsTTR is a great game, thought it lacks in some areas.

Hey, how was Freedom Force? I loved the first one. How is the second one? And how long did it take for you to finish in hours?

KOTOR (the original) was just fantastic. I haven't played the second one yet, I heard that the ending was sucky (they ran out of time I have heard from various people) and that doesn't sound good to me.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Syncmasterk

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 05:49:25 pm »
Yeah i just played through KOTOR II and the second half left me with a bad taste in my mouth but the first half i was hooked
I am also playing Sims 2 (which I play EVERY DAY)
I got my name from a computer monitor

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
  • "Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has Trample"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 05:54:15 pm »
I fear The Sims. I always think that if I start playing it, I'll never be able to stop, and my grades will get worse than they already are.
Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Offline pfellah

• Contributor
  • Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 06:07:11 pm »
The big one for me is World of Warcraft -- having a lot of fun with that at the moment. My quasi-main is a late-teens hunter, but I'm an altaholic, so I'm playing several different characters here and there.

I still also log into City of Heroes every once in a while, just for a change of pace and to see what's going on, but it's not very often. Mostly (as alluded to in other threads) I'm keeping the account open to guarantee my slot on City of Villians beta (people with accounts over a year supposedly get in automatically).

In the non-MMORPG arena, it's baseball season, so that primarily means MVP 2005 and Diamond Mind Baseball (no graphics but probably the best statistics engine of any baseball game under the hood). I still play a little Madden football here and there as well.

Offline legameboy

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Meep!
    • View Profile
    • Echonet
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 09:31:00 pm »
Hey, how was Freedom Force? I loved the first one. How is the second one? And how long did it take for you to finish in hours?

KOTOR (the original) was just fantastic. I haven't played the second one yet, I heard that the ending was sucky (they ran out of time I have heard from various people) and that doesn't sound good to me.

FFvsTTR was great fun, you'll love it if you liked the first. It took me around twelve to fifteen hours to finish it.

I quite agree with your opinion of the first KotOR. Yes, KotOR II: TSL was rushed, tons of content was cut out. Here's a good article about that (it also includes a link to another article, also, these articles might contain spoilers, so don't so I didn't warn you). Like I stated before though, the overall experience is so awesome, that you keep on comin' back for more, even though you know you'll get heart-broken at the end. ^_^

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 02:53:45 pm »
Garry's Mod for Half-Life 2's always an entertaining way to kill time. I've also been replaying through Freedom Fighters a lot. How I love that game. As far as other shooters I'm playing the occasional HL mod (Natural Selection, Day of Defeat) as well as some Counter-Strike: Source. WoW always fills my RPG fix  ;)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 12:47:33 am by Zealousy »
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline Eagle13

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • Reality is an artificial construct
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 03:45:23 pm »
I mostly play Nexus: the Jupiter Incident right now, and Natural Selection mod for Half-life

We create reality, reality does not create us. Thus is the question, if we stop beleving in reality, then what are our limitations on pursuing our dreams?

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 11:04:54 am »
Football Manager 2005 (Worldwide Soccer Manager is its name in the US), but i'm so damn bored of it that it's now more of a chore to pass the time when i'm not out, and i don't get much fun out of it anymore.

And erm... well i don't really play much anymore if i'm honest.  For years now i've been looking for "The Game" which will hold my attention for years.  The only games that have successfully done so are Age of Mythology (around a year and a bit that lasted), and the Championship Manager series (which i am now bored of...).  World of Warcraft was a huge disappointment, similarly Rome: Total War (far too easy).  Half-Life 2 has no replay value without mods (which i can't be bothered with) and i've been playing Counter-Strike for years now, and CS: Source is the same thing with increased graphics... woooow.

So yeah... i'm still looking for that game which will last me a long long time.  I'm hoping that Spore gives LOTS of replayability, because i really am starting to go off gaming, what with all the disappointments and money wasted on "great games" which have turned out to be nothing more than mediocre, in my opinion.  Maybe i'm just growing too old for these sorts of things what with other more important things in my life right now, but i'm always going to be a big kid at heart who loves his video games, whether i'm in my 20s, 30s or 60s... i just hope that video game developers don't keep letting me down.

Sorry, didn't intend to start ranting, but for some reason felt obliged to.

Offline krjal

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 02:13:59 am »
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War for the most part.
A little bit of Half-life 2 and Nexus.

Oh, a little bit of Sacrifice if I can find anyone online anymore :P
It's getting harder and harder...
+++"Sometimes, when I look into the abyss, the abyss looks back" - [tmo]+++

Offline CrimsonSapien

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Syntax error in line 20: UserCS=Wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 09:28:00 am »
Hello all, first post here.

Here is the list of games I am currently playing:

Act of War -PC
Evil Genius -PC
C&C ZH -PC (it may be old, but i love the hell out of it!)

FF1/FF2 -GBA
GTAIII SA -PS2
Halo2 -Xbox
If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 12:05:02 pm »
Hello all, first post here.

Here is the list of games I am currently playing:

Act of War -PC
Evil Genius -PC
C&C ZH -PC (it may be old, but i love the hell out of it!)

FF1/FF2 -GBA
GTAIII SA -PS2
Halo2 -Xbox

Welcome Crimson, glad you could join us. How is "Act of War"? I have been toying with playing that one. I really love good RTS games, but they are so difficult to find nowadays. That last really good one I played was Warcraft III. But I have heard good things about that game. Let me know what you think.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline CrimsonSapien

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Syntax error in line 20: UserCS=Wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 01:35:16 am »
Thanks for the welcome Steve.

As for AoW, I just picked it up last weekend so I really haven't had too much time to run it through the ringer. I did download the demo when it first came out, and although it was limited and full of bugs, the game still looked promising, hence the reason for the purchase. So far from what I have seen the game has a pretty good AI (at least the opposing AI is good). The game has plenty of eye candy. But what it seems to lack is more Units, and special abilities. Perhaps I am too spoiled with the C&C series and all the mods for it. My thoughts at this time, is that the game will probably shine after an expansion pack or two. I'll know more when I have had time to lock myself in the basement and play this game into the ground.

On another note I see you are running Simple Machines Forum, quite an interesting look. One that I have not seen before. I administer several phpBB and Nuke boards. I think I may have to download this forum and Frankenstein some of the features of it with phpBB and Nuke. (missing my evil twisted smiley here) lol!
If you spend word for word with me, I shall make your wit bankrupt.