Author Topic: What are you playing now?  (Read 229050 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: What are you playing now?
« Reply #1260 on: March 01, 2012, 06:10:11 pm »
Virtual Villagers, I'm addicted to this little game. Only takes about 10 mins a few times a day but I keep wondering what they are up to when I'm not on. I'm on the second one and I think there are 3 more to go.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 07, 2012, 02:57:31 pm »
I'd play that game for 10 mins and turn off computer. The next day the island would have cute little corpses scattered everywhere.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 07, 2012, 06:19:08 pm »
iBomber Pacifc Defense. $3 already worth it. (Demo if you are not sure).

Still playing Eve (tinkering with a different skill tree)

-Lego

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 08, 2012, 03:03:24 pm »
dark souls

they weren't lying when they said this game was going to make you cry like a little girl

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #1264 on: March 08, 2012, 08:53:09 pm »
I'd play that game for 10 mins and turn off computer. The next day the island would have cute little corpses scattered everywhere.
Yeah it usually takes 3 tries to get a village going well.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 14, 2012, 01:11:26 pm »
I got kind of pissed at it. I mean, I played for three hours once before I got rid of it, because I spent $10 on it and I wanted to get my money's worth (not that I usually pour that much time into a casual game) and leave to go to the bathroom or something and they're all dead. So yeah. I like Pocket Frogs on the App Store, though, so I don't know.

I am currently playing the first Ratchet and Clank game. Never played the series before and saw it for five bucks. Some of the enemies in that game are kind of hellish. Like those man-eating frog things. Weird, and annoying.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #1266 on: March 15, 2012, 07:52:24 am »
I'm on the 4th one and it's still fun. Plus side I got #4 on Amazon for free and #5 on Amazon for $3. Thank you $10 free credit from ordering Mass Effect 3.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1267 on: March 15, 2012, 10:36:15 pm »
Nearly nearly done Super Mario 3D Land.

Just got the last of the star coins and gold flags and only a few levels remain that have not been finished by both Mario and Luigi. Anyone else playing this?

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 16, 2012, 02:42:33 pm »
My friend started that and finished it in the same day. Ditto with Pokemon black.

Yeah, that's right. I have a FRIEND IRL.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1269 on: March 16, 2012, 02:49:55 pm »
He got five stars in one day?

Yowzers that's fast!

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 16, 2012, 05:15:25 pm »
attempting to learn marvel vs capcom

I'm not good at fighting games

in fact I cant even win a match with "simple" command inputs on

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 17, 2012, 07:29:59 pm »
Seriously?

You should get an asian friend or two, they will help you with that.

At least, that's how I think I got so good. SSBB and MvC3 were a large part of my senior year in highschool/freshman college so I think I am pretty good.

But REAL TALK:
H/Heavy = circle/B
M/Medium = triangle/Y
L/Light = square/X
S/Special = X/A

What teams are you trying?

Amateratsu is a good beginner character since: forwardH(ie, running towards them and hitting Circle/B) + H + H + H + H + H + S + jump + M + M + H + S is a very easy, like, stupidly easy, combo that does a shocking amount of damage. Or if you are more advanced or wanting a bigger punch and have 3 super meter ready, you can just forwardH combo and instead of using the Special, just use his level 3 hyper and it will auto hit them and deal significant damage if you can time it AS SOON AS THE LAST COMBO OF HEAVY ATTACKS ENDS. Another fun thing, his backHyper slows time, good for when you are playing against someone who is better at comboing than you since during slowed time, combos usually will be interrupted if they try to start one.

Hulk is also a great beginner character. His Heavy attack has super armor and thus can usually never be interrupted (even if he is hit mid swing) thus if you can connect an easy to his H you can   H + S + jump + M + M + H + S + land on ground + GAMMA TSUNAMI for another shockingly large amount of dmg. If they are ranged and wont let you approach, airSpecial is an overhead AND it knocks them to the ground. So instead of starting with H, you can airSpecial + land + S + jump + M + M + H + S + land on ground + GAMMA TSUNAMI

Finally: Sentinal. **** yeah. This guy. MMmmmm. Heavy = laser attack, Duck heavy = low laser attack. If they aren't jumping, spam that ****. The trick is to alternate Heavy, downHeavy, Heavy, downHeavy (since if they block or it connects, it cancels and you can IMMEDIATELY followup, so spam that button if you see they aren't going to dodge it). They will not be able to move and will just take a crap ton of chip dmg. However, if they jump towards you, then you can usually jump + special and combo, or just Special and combo haha, but your lasers will only hurt you if they dodge it since the cooldown off it sucks if it doesnt hit/get blocked.
His downMedium also has super armor.
So if you can get in training and in a corner try downMedium + S + jump + M + M + H + S + land + RocketPunch(light) + Overload/ForwardHyper + RocketPunch(medium) + S + M + M + H + AirHyper (at least i think this is how it works, my roomie took PS3 for Spring break so I can't test to make sure...)

Note: Alot of combos in air usually consist of MMHS or LMMHS if you have a faster character.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:44:54 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 20, 2012, 10:36:21 am »
I'm trying to play vergil/wesker/strider

haven't had time to sit down with the game lately though...

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 20, 2012, 10:41:24 am »
Yeah, all of those are some of the hardest champs to play in the game, I would suggest trying the three i recommended to get the basic combos down so you can get up to those levels. (Especially Vergil and wesker...)
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: March 21, 2012, 03:06:48 pm »
sat down with the game for a couple hours last night and today, few questions for ya erops

how do I do those triple hyper combos (where all team mates run out and fire off)
how do I do delays
how do i do cancels
how do I do an aerial counter (stopping enemy from swapping in another member and air juggling)
Is there a quick recover like in blazblue

other than that I'm getting the hang of a few characters