Author Topic: The RP planning thread  (Read 143286 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The RP planning thread
« Reply #435 on: June 29, 2008, 08:11:38 pm »
True. Well I guess we should at least say that if another group of people want to do an RP set in a universe similar (but still separate and unaffiliated) to that of the Superpower RP, we'd be okay with it.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 29, 2008, 08:23:15 pm »
Oh, yeah, I'd be fine with that.  Hell, I'd encourage it just as long as I didn't have to join.

Wait...  What would it be called?  We have The NEW Superpower RP, The NEW Superpower RP Part II, and the historical derivatives thereof.  The Alternate Superpower RP?  The Other Superpower RP?  The NEW Superpower, But Not The One You Think of When You Hear That Title, RP?  The Joke That I've Clearly Taken Too Far RP, Featuring Superpowers?
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #437 on: June 29, 2008, 08:25:22 pm »
 :P

ANOTHER Superpower RP!

Well hey, I hear we may be doing a new Historical Superpower RP so that's cool.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #438 on: June 30, 2008, 04:38:45 am »
The 10,000BC Superpower RP?

Hey, it might work.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 08, 2008, 03:12:01 pm »
Well, Huckbuck and I were thinking of doing another Post-Apocalypse RP. Is there interest in the idea?
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #440 on: July 08, 2008, 03:13:13 pm »
Yeah it sounds like fun. I really enjoyed the last one even though it fell apart.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 08, 2008, 03:21:33 pm »
I think I read that one; it had The General and his little military empire, didn't it? I reckon he was the best part, but I can't remember anything about who played him except for their avatar.

I'd definitely go in for it if you could find that guy again.

Edit: It was TotalSandwich! But his posting activity seems to have totally collapsed.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 03:26:13 pm by /lurk »
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 08, 2008, 03:26:26 pm »
I'd do it.  I've had a Russian accent stuck in my head and Viktor is an opportunity to get it out.  People are getting tired of me saying "iz what I do"  ;)
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 08, 2008, 03:31:08 pm »
I sent TotalSandwich a PM, but yeah, his second last post was in January....

He was a good RPer, too. Damn.

So far we have:

Neo
/lurk(maybe)
Huckbuck
Little
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 09, 2008, 12:21:39 am »
It's five years after the Last Nuclear War. Most of mankind has re-organized itself into settlements. The total global population is around a billion(More? Less?). Many major cities were destroyed, so most people rely on farming in small settlements for survival. Radiation plagues the land, and even farming is difficult due to the burnt landscapes. Huge amounts of infra structure have been lost and people know next to nothing about the rest of the world, everyone focus on themselves and try to survive. A big part of the population lives in an anarchy manner, and everyone is telling stories about the dangerous Preta. Preta means "hungry ghost" and that is exactly what they are. Pretas live in a nomadic kind of way, looting things from before the war, and some even raid villages.

But a shining beacon ignites hope in the hearts of some. The town is called 'Everlasting' and it has a population of 200,000. It has electricity, and running water(both of which are rare on such a large scale, although many people outside of Everlasting have invidually hooked their houses up to generators and water systems on an indivdual scale). Everlasting has an economy, a iron mine, and public transportation(in the form of solar powered buses). The city is a major supplier of goods and manufacturing, and even though many people look at its government in a "whatever" way, since few believe it will last life seems to be returning to the usuall here.

Everlasting is basically the hub of humanity, and is a democracy. However, all are not pleased with this. Everlasting publicly denouces the neighbouríng bigger settlements and nations for their dictatorship, their neighbours being an authortian and militaristic group of cities, known as the Skull Cities, launch a devestating attack on Everlasting, using weapons recovered from a military base. The final weapon deployed is a small tatical nuke, which obliberates Everlasting entirely. A mysterious man that people know was asociated with one of the leaders of Everlasting puts a bounty on the leaders of the Skull Cities with a almost unbelieveable reward (we have to work out what this is). The word is that the person who brings the heads of the leaders to this mysterious man known to most as Whandeego gets the reward, so everyone that is interested in the reward are bringing more than just one gun.

Basically, the characters would try to hunt down the leader(s) of Skull Cities, and attempt to bring the main leader/ruler to justice.

This is what me and Little worked out yesterday, I added a few names though :P What do you think?
@davidramnero

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 09, 2008, 12:39:26 am »
Maybe better names? Somehow I don't think people would name a town Everlasting. Also maybe Everlasting should have, I don't know, survivors!!! Not like one or two city leaders but yeah know, a couple hundred or so refugee's that used to live there. It seams pretty odd that just one little tactical nuke could completely wipe out a city of 200,000. You could also flesh out the time before the war more. Like what the political climate was like, the economies, stuff that would give this story some more back bone of which to work off of. Also, depending on where this is set to take place, your so called "unbelievable reward" could be something like the location of a cache of nuclear weapons or maybe an old gold repository (*Cough Cough* Fort Knox *Cough Cough*).
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 09, 2008, 05:16:43 am »
Maybe better names? Somehow I don't think people would name a town Everlasting.

That one Little came up with <.<

Also maybe Everlasting should have, I don't know, survivors!!! Not like one or two city leaders but yeah know, a couple hundred or so refugee's that used to live there. It seams pretty odd that just one little tactical nuke could completely wipe out a city of 200,000. You could also flesh out the time before the war more. Like what the political climate was like, the economies, stuff that would give this story some more back bone of which to work off of.

Well, yea, I think so to. Though remember that this is just a basic idea, not the final introduction to the RP.

Also, depending on where this is set to take place, your so called "unbelievable reward" could be something like the location of a cache of nuclear weapons or maybe an old gold repository (*Cough Cough* Fort Knox *Cough Cough*).

Hmm... maybe...
@davidramnero

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 09, 2008, 05:24:00 am »
Wait, so is this for the post apocalyptic rp?

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 09, 2008, 05:43:20 am »
Has Mr C started the "real life" zombie RP yet?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #449 on: July 09, 2008, 09:45:15 am »
You could also flesh out the time before the war more. Like what the political climate was like, the economies, stuff that would give this story some more back bone of which to work off of.

I disagree, making up the world's past is one of the jobs of the player. If the creators of the RP make too much back story it will limit the creativity of those actually playing the game.