Author Topic: The RP planning thread  (Read 118371 times)

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
Re: The RP planning thread
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2007, 05:44:37 pm »
What'd make it really interesting in my opinion, is if every single character in the locale had come there to murder another of the guests that they knew were going to be there, thereby creating some massive web of paranoia between them all when the first victim drops.

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2007, 05:49:56 pm »
Oooh, I like that idea.

But it would mean writing histories of how they relate to each other. Ie Lord X's layabout wastrel of a Son, Y, stands to inherit from his father as soon as he dies. Un beknownst to Y, X has left all the money to his daughter Z. Z however, thinks Y is going to inherit, and therefore wants to pop Y, but not X who dotes on her. Y wants to kill X but not Z. and so on.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2007, 05:51:46 pm »
Hmm... the idea is great but I've found that complications like that will kill an RP real fast...

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2007, 05:52:25 pm »
Hm. True...
I feel if it was done right though, and you sent the players into the RP knowing who they have to kill and why, but nothing about the other participants, you'd get some interesting results. Downside to that being a "DM" would have to make up all the background and would effectivley be barred from participating directly lest they spoil the web.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2007, 05:53:55 pm »
You mean like sending each player a special list of commands or something they have to accomplish?

Hey... maybe you could have two GMs to help each other out.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2007, 05:57:45 pm »
Sort of reminds me of what i've read on wikipedia about a game called Paranoia.
Cyberpunk setting thing.. basically all of society is ran by a big, paranoid computer which gives out missions to do - so not only is the entire team on a mission, but the team members are on their own individual missions given by the computer usually relating to some secrets the other group members have. So the party are all paranoid of each other, trying to hide their secrets from ones who might be out to expose them.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2007, 06:08:04 pm »
That would be weird to play. You get orders from the GM via a PM and you try to play it out some how, not knowing which people are out to stop your orders, or you entirely. I like weird!
Virus Buster.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2007, 12:42:29 pm »
This Murder Mystery RP sounds better and better.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2007, 02:09:32 pm »
What'd make it really interesting in my opinion, is if every single character in the locale had come there to murder another of the guests that they knew were going to be there, thereby creating some massive web of paranoia between them all when the first victim drops.
We could also just play a few rounds of The Ship while acting lordly or butlerly or GMly.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 02:11:12 pm by Samog »
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2007, 02:14:39 pm »
So when do we want to schedule this RP?

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2007, 03:18:12 pm »
We shall meet in Westminster Square tomorrow!

Well. I think to start we need to pick a GM.

Then everyone should post an idea for a charcter. Then we figure out how they relate to each other. Then a murderer is pciked at random and the game is afoot!

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2007, 03:37:47 pm »
i think the murder should recive a pm so we can keep it even more secret
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2007, 04:07:42 pm »
Yeah... that was like... the second point we covered  :-*

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2007, 06:29:38 pm »
Well I'm up for playing as a character or being GM. I'll get a basic character made up though.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2007, 07:16:42 pm »
Anyway, I'll outline a character now and we will see what we like and don't like in order to get a good template down.

Name: Ronald Kidd
Bio: Ronald Kidd was born into a wealthy American family and always had the best of everything. He was spoiled rotten and had very high standards for everything and everyone. His father paid his way through school to compensate for Ronald's lackluster grades and at the age of eighteen he studied business in New York. In 1917 he was drafted into the War and when he came out a year later he was a changed person. He used the skills learned during his short time in the Army and built up his coal empire without the help of his father. After many successful years he married his competitor's daughter and purchased his company. In recent years Ronald has been raising his family as a single father after his wife's passing and is training his son and daughter to take over the company.

That's my basic character. What do we like and dislike?