Author Topic: Crackdown  (Read 16022 times)

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
Re: Crackdown
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2007, 03:12:19 pm »
I'd say now's also a good time to get a 360, since they've updated the DVD drive to a quieter model.

Have they released those quieter ones already? My 360 occasionally makes a sort of grinding sound when I turn it on, if I pick it up and shake it there is something rattling around inside it too. It does it less frequently when it is placed vertically. When it finally dies, which in my estimation will be exactly a year and one day since I bought it. I will happily buy one of these new quiet models if I can't get mine fixed. Because the noise a big issue for me.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2007, 10:30:43 pm »
Here's a tip for you kids out there dont pick up your expenvie shiny new consoles and start shaking them.

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2007, 05:13:31 am »
I needn't shake it to demonstrate this, I discovered it by merely moving it from room to room.

Offline Urb

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2007, 05:10:25 pm »
I'd say now's also a good time to get a 360, since they've updated the DVD drive to a quieter model.

Have they released those quieter ones already? My 360 occasionally makes a sort of grinding sound when I turn it on, if I pick it up and shake it there is something rattling around inside it too. It does it less frequently when it is placed vertically. When it finally dies, which in my estimation will be exactly a year and one day since I bought it. I will happily buy one of these new quiet models if I can't get mine fixed. Because the noise a big issue for me.

My launch ps2 is still alive..

NOTHING that costs 499 US dollers should die after one year..
Big Bang Theory: In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. Into something...yeah that makes sense :/

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2007, 06:58:18 pm »

You mean 399. Point still valid, though.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Urb

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2007, 09:18:06 pm »

You mean 399. Point still valid, though.

Yeah i meant 399
Big Bang Theory: In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. Into something...yeah that makes sense :/

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2007, 08:35:41 am »
I didn't say I would be happy for my current 360 to break, I am just accepting that it looks set to. No matter what my opinions, the warranty card will prevail. If it breaks after exactly one year, there is nothing I can do about it.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2007, 09:51:10 pm »
So.... any one else get a copy of the game? I did, I did.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Urb

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2007, 09:55:11 pm »
So.... any one else get a copy of the game? I did, I did.

how is it?

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2007, 10:11:38 pm »
It's like the demo, but you evolve a lot slower, and that makes it harder(good thing). It has no Story (bad thing). I just got past where the Demo would cut you off so I can't give you much of a review, so you should measure the game on how much you like the demo. If you just want in the Halo BETA, it is a fun game just to mess around in.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 12:04:36 am »
Is it worth the 60 bucks (or whatever) or would you say its more of a rental game?
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007, 08:11:51 am »
I'm getting mine on eBay, since I won't be 17 for 5 more months... :(

PS: First 360 game I'll have bought in a year (with the exception of Sneak King).

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2007, 09:10:15 am »
I rented a copy last night and played through to the next island after the demo stops.  At this point, I'm not really sure if it's worth $60 or not.  I figured I've probably played about 5 hrs at this point and I'm about half finished with the second island.  To my understanding, I'm about 40% finished with the game (1.5 islands left to go plus the main boss character).  Unless I'm way off, there'll only be about 12 hrs of actually "story" mode then it's over.

There are some pretty neat achievements though and the general gameplay is quite fun.  It gets pretty easy too once you've got the grenade launcher since that works off your explosives skill making 1shot 5 enemy kills pretty common.

The game does have a few bugs so far that I can see.  The most noticable is if your character is standing near a wall and attempts to shoot an enemy, the character instead melee the wall instead of shooting over it.  Other times, I've seen enemy chars get out of their autos 5 stories down and suddenly appear on my level.  There are other things but, they're all pretty minor and don't take much away from the gameplay.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2007, 12:57:40 pm »
I got to the 2nd Island today and I'm having a blast now. A lot of the enemies are kicking my arse so I have to start using strategy. So I'm now really really liking this game. I imagine I would have enjoyed it sooner had I not played the demo so much.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2007, 01:16:37 pm »
I'm getting mine on eBay, since I won't be 17 for 5 more months... :(

PS: First 360 game I'll have bought in a year (with the exception of Sneak King).

Hard luck, Over here its a 15 certificate so I can actually buy it from a shop.

Also, make sure you pick up the "four play" character skin pack from market place, just go on all downloads and then Crackdown. Its free in the UK at the moment, but apparently they are going to charge for it on Friday (the Europe release). Not sure about the situation in the US