Author Topic: Against The Alliance: RP OOC  (Read 51752 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: Against The Alliance: RP OOC
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 12:38:02 pm »
I agree with your BioCat- like the Kangor's Revenge/ Succession Rp had an end but no set storyline.

Jack, we're being in characater. We understand the Wexxian's intentions, but from a Unionists point of view your actions are aggressive.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 12:40:22 pm »
There must be a way the Wexxians can regain the trust of the GU...

We could really need another Halycon war now, a common enemy!   

Offline SimGameFan

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 12:40:54 pm »
I find this whole thing educational. Now I know how hard it is to run a country/empire. It's not easy!

But yes, Jack. It's just in character. The Zyther don't want a war, but the real me is wondering how a war would turn out.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 12:42:00 pm »
Maybe I could actually do some work on REDSTAR. Then, my friends, you would have an enemy. I still prefer the Axis-Ally war though.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 12:47:59 pm »
There must be a way the Wexxians can regain the trust of the GU...

We could really need another Halycon war now, a common enemy!   

That would be too easy. I think the perfect solution in a loss-loss situation if you are talking about being educational. War is tough, and there are consequences. The only way to really deal with this snowball is to smash it now. A third party could be nice if you really want but not one that can really change the course of events, maybe just to spice things up :).

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 12:49:47 pm »
I think this war could well be The Second Galactic War or GWII. I can see it being a very fun and long-lasting RP.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 12:51:58 pm »
We should be careful though. We (and in we I mean the guys in this forum) tend to make wars too general and therefore we usually never really finish them : P. We should do things slightly planned yet leave room for imagination, cool turns and surprising revolutions while aiming for a generally known end.

(I know, easier said than done).

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 12:54:30 pm »
I think we really should aim high with this one though. The Wars have been getting steadily bigger in scope, generally with people controlling lots of different factions and people in different battles in different places. I think keeping an organised timeline of what has happened in a central thread, and then having a seperate thread for each 'Front' should keep us going.

Alot of this war will also be in Propoganda, keeping people on your side and away form the enemies.

I have several ideas in my head....Ohh, I'm quite looking forward to it!

Remember, indivdual parties can be defeated with the main alliance reminaing whole. Perhaps conquered races could become vassals of thier conquerors?

I think the board is set, all we really need now is a spark. I think Olympia should be that spark.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 12:57:41 pm by Balthamael »

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2007, 12:56:31 pm »
Well it just dificult to be at war with the Wexxians, they have gotten better but they still suck at it... mainly because of their views on the importanse of life. they have the Licentia, but instead of using its full potentian and cleaving all of their enemys planets in two, they would only continueslt stall the enemy by R.I.T. transportning them away, evry time they got close.

they also got a large navy, but if war would break out, it would be spread to all the allied species in the Protectors (The Wexxians think that its better that Wexxians die instead of living beings) any ships atacking the allied species would be atacked by Ion weaponry, and if the Wexxians win, the atacking ships would be diabeled, the weapons removed, and then the engines and the lifesupport would be repaired and the ships (With crew) would be sent back to the GU!

In my eyes, such a war would be... Dul! but thats how the Wexxians would do it!

I think it would be nice if we (For once) could solve the dispute peacefully!  :-[    

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2007, 12:59:12 pm »
I think some Wexxians could become irritated with thier rubbish warfare conventions, and revolt in favour of guns taht, y'know kill people.

They could return to how they are now, post-war.

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2007, 01:20:47 pm »
Nahhh, thats just not Wexxian!  :(

Here is some education for us, the small pepell who started the end of the Cold War:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Smith

Maby somthing simmilar could happen?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 01:24:27 pm by Jack Zetter »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2007, 01:24:12 pm »
There have been several times where war has been avoided, the conflict between the DUP and CAB which came to nothing. The small thing between the DUP and the O.T.H.E.R. We just don't recognize, or remember, those things because nothing came of it, it was boring.

I agree about the whole losing for everyone, but i think that there should be a fluid baseline, just so we don't stray too far. At this point the Grand Union is too pissed off to go back. There will be a war with the Alliance. That i am almost positive of.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2007, 01:25:37 pm »
Ooooh, I've never actively participated in proper war! I'd like to try.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2007, 01:28:01 pm »
It's fun. I think I'll start a thread with a formal declaration of war from the Union onto the Alliance, and the first 'moves' of My sides (UTR only, right now).

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2007, 01:35:04 pm »
Yes, good idea. And right now everyone should stop posting responses IC in the other threads. It's only confusing everyone. Post ideas here so we can integrate them into the actual RP. Otherwise it will just be a large mess.