Author Topic: Against The Alliance: RP OOC  (Read 51684 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Against The Alliance: RP OOC
« on: January 26, 2007, 09:57:22 am »
If we are going to have a war, the most important thing is: Who will win? In Most large-scale RPs of this kind before, there was always a designated 'Bad Guy', a concrete antagonist, whom may be aided by denizens of our Galaxy, yet was largely unknown and from beyond or some kind of evil in itself, like Kangor. The major difference in this war is that there are no bad guys, both sides could be percieved as good guys by different people.

My proposal is that both sides lose.

This would be pretty fair. I think it would involve mutual rebellions and civil war.

I think the UTR government would be observed by a hardline anti-Alliance Generalm, who will rule as a Facist dictator until eventually revolution restores the old government, after a lengthy fall from strength for everyone involved.

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
Re: Against The Alliance: RP OOC
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 10:28:23 am »
Very wise words. Indeed I was thinking about it to lately (when war became more clear) and it seems the solution of both sides losing is the best as in most broad wars this is what happens. 

I am not sure yet the consequences of the war on the Urshan Empire as I think I should wait to see how the war goes. But generally the conflict will probably drive the Urshans into total war something they dislike and therefore make a lot of unrest. It seems reasonable that again a small faction would tear itself from the empire like the Labor and other rebel colonies did in the past and again threat the existence of the Urshan Empire, perhaps even making it fall.

Still unsure, we should wait and see how the conflict will be like.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 10:52:13 am »
Horjok Biil's heir, Bjin Nihiili Gundiil, is a well respected general and has altered his body to be more suited for fighting, and has started a program to modify most of the new born citizens. The war will most likely result in the sentification (making sentient of) the closest living relative of the Yunimius, and perhaps calling upon the Asjan Gods of the Ancients, who were sealed away under Junakal in times long gone. They were similar to the Titans, but alive, and semi-mortal none the less. Some believe they are Yunimius mixed with Caltarin, but unique in appearance. They're rumoured to still be alive in the temple they were sealed in.

The Grand Union must not be broken however, instead, a single fascist should take all power, and after civil war, powers will be restored.

Offline SimGameFan

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 11:07:41 am »
Well, the Zythers ruined their own reputation, so they will be the ultimate loosers. In other words, they are going to go extinct.

I'll come up with another race after this war, maybe one that will start the next powerful organization.

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 11:12:22 am »
They need not go extinct! It's just that simple apologising wont cut it until after a war.

Offline SimGameFan

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 11:15:05 am »
Well, they aren't very powerful. A war on this scale is not something they could survive easily...

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 11:16:48 am »
OOC (well the whole thread is ooc, yet this doesn't relate to the thread):
The Union doesn't blame the Zythers for the whole conflict. The Wexxians spied on us before you guys did. And the spying incident might have harshend things but I think conflict was unavoidable. Don't blame your race on the whole Shebang the alliance did :).

Offline SimGameFan

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 11:20:13 am »
Too late... :( The Zyther have already disengaged from the Alliance.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 11:21:44 am »
You are more than welcome to join the Axis, we will forgive you for being hostile to us if you will change your ways and realize we only wish best for the universe.

Offline SimGameFan

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 11:24:19 am »
Well, I think the the Zyther are going to be the neutral in this "WWIIish" war.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 11:47:40 am »
I need verification from the Alliance that mutual defeat is acceptable. I think if Jack agrees, the Alliance agrees.

Perhaps the UTR hardline anti-Alliance facist General guy could be the one to dominate the Union?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline SimGameFan

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 12:14:16 pm »
The Zyther retracted their statement when the Union ignored their actions. The Zyther will side with the Alliance.

I have made up my mind, though. The Zyther will go extinct.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 12:33:09 pm »
Well we shouldn't decide on all things now I think. That kind of ruins the whole fun and flow of the war and its after effects. Both sides should agree on the mutual losing but lets wait and see what happens specifically in every place, its more interesting then to force an alternate reality.

Offline SimGameFan

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 12:35:56 pm »
Okay, then. So what now?

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 12:36:12 pm »
I think it would be lovely if we could AVOID a war!!!

As mush as the GU think that the Wixxians are hypocrits, they feel that theire choises where the right ones. and are sorry that things have eccalated like this.

And for the record; Neither me or the Wexxians started the Protectors because they wanted to provoke the GU! the GU had nothing to doo with it!