Author Topic: Metroid Prime: Hunters  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime: Hunters
« on: June 28, 2005, 09:26:48 pm »
You know, I really have mixed feelings about this game...it's definitely looking like it's going to be good. It looks amazing, the multiplayer looks fun. They promise really unique things for the single player mission.

But it doesn't really look all to much like a Metroid game. They've admitted that they are downplaying the exploration and upping the first person shooting.

See, the thing I liked about Metroid Prime was that it DIDN'T do that. It still felt like a Metroid game, despite being in first person. It's emphasis was NOT on shooting.

*shrugs* Maybe I'm jumping the gun, though. So what are your opinions?

Offline zaphod

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Didn't yah hear, I come in 6 packs.
    • View Profile
    • Me and my wifes little blog
Re: Metroid Prime: Hunters
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 07:53:26 am »
It does seem more action oriented, but I think that lends itself better to the system.  The touch screen works great as a control.

Offline Sensei Jinx

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 07:24:06 pm »
Sure, I think the control looks great. I don't think the lock-on from Metroid Prime 1 and 2 is really needed for this game, since I'm sure the touchpad-used-like-mouse thing works great. But I hope they don't just turn it into your generic FPS, with a Metroid license kind of slapped on.

Offline Dano

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 12:06:55 am »
I actually was kind of disappointed with the demo, the controls were just kind of awkward. I thought that the game cube version was good but perhaps the final product will turn out better, keep your fingers crossed!

Offline IscariotJ

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 03:33:06 pm »
According to an interview with the developers in the UK Official Nintendo Mag, they have re-jigged the controls.  I'll dig the mag out, and summarise what was said, if anyone's interested?

J