Author Topic: A Pirates Life for Thee? -RP-  (Read 15885 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
A Pirates Life for Thee? -RP-
« on: January 21, 2007, 09:54:49 am »
The galaxy is in a time of flux. The Surge out of decandence and barbarism has heralded a new era of trade and expansionism...meaning that the Galaxy is alive with the passing of ships, carrying credits, goods, information and the sweet promise of adventure. The New planets beyond Olympia have been staked out by many races as a new place to expand, and they promise the citizens that adventuring into these new worlds, fraught with danger from primitves and the warmongering of races, will bring prosperity, hope, happiness and oppurtunity. Of course, this new surge in trade and friendship has sparked some rather Roguish interest... There are some who take to the skies not in search of an honest life, but in search of treasure, glory..and adventure!

In a tavern on Freestation, the infamous pit of villany that orbits Olympia is where our adventure starts. Illegally put there by Castai Hurud prior to execution, the Station is orbiting Olympia and, by technicality, beyond the writ of the UTR. Over the announement comes a message..

Do ye want adventure?
Do ye want vast amounts of SGC, T-word and Juicy Jubblits?
Do ye desire glory and infamy?
Do ye desire the females (or opposite sex, of whatever, depending on species)?
Do ye have a stylish hat, or want wun?

If YES, consider joinin' me crew! I am the Infamous and Enigmatic Captain Markai Talhoone, and I'm probably the most dangerous Rapaxeon in all the Swirls of Olympia, I coudl quite possibly charm the Sailfish out the seas o' Nihon wi' ma chultry facen, an' when it do come to Wit and Acumen, Ye'd better be believing sure as Space is Unspoken-damned Empty I be winnin'. Me be looking for a bit of the T-word, but we can't say it explicitly lest the UTR-word come cart us off and make some smokin' holes in me churly charlie. And We wouldn' be wantin' that, now, would We? Also me Gully-sulliver of a First Mate, Martan Marli. A nefarious squard and son of a Tsullist if eve' I gandered one! Argh, but a be'er Navigator you wouldn't find if you done fly back to Auyuelcliadia?

So, What'll it be? Adventure, Fame, Glory, and o' course, a decent pile o' monetary earnin's? Or would ye rot in the filth wi' the rest of these squarish sad bastards? Repor' to me First Mate in The Dancin' Mafuu. Ye bastards."

If you don't understand Space Pirate slang, that's fine. I make it up. As should you. This RP will involve a crew of Pirates, or "Legitamate Merchants" going around the new territories around Olympia, stealing, looting, plundering and generally being a bit of a nuisance. I shall make a map of the The Swirls of Olympia soon, with Colonial holdings. PM me with any planets or colonies your race holds. There will be battles agaisnt merchants, privateers, minor pirates, tribal races, monsters....or, should a bit of mutiny be in order, each other. But don't go overboard, no pun intended. Feel free to make a Pirate character and post in the OOC thread. The crew will start with a rubbihs ship, but shall be able to purchase better ones. You will have a relationship with the Powers That be. And eveyrone else, which I shall keep close track of. Now, any questions in the OOC thread. If you miss out on making a pirate the first time around, that's fine. Next time the ship makes port, or a Privateer is sent after it, you can join that ship. I shall show a map once I have a large amount of planets and people's permission to name them for each creature.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 10:11:20 am by Balthamael »

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
Re: A Pirates Life for Thee? -RP-
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 10:20:53 am »
I'm in

Species:anubian
Name:Rockler M'onne
Bio: rockler has always enjoyed the sneaky life style on the edge, his stealth is exeptional on the number of victums. if their is money on the end of the road he'd do anything for it. Once he heard of Captain Markai Talhoone, he knew he could find him self a place to really dig in the C's(instead of G's as we use Credits  ;)). with his own custom stealth ship taken under the Generals fleet he approaches.

Motivation:money and the thrills.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 10:26:24 am »
Post the bio in the OOC thread, post a brief intro in this thread.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 12:11:57 pm »
//I am Krak Yor, but you can call me Skull, or Krak, i'm 'ere to get me some nice loot for me self, and i aint takin **** from any of yer, and if ya give me any  i'll blow your skull out the back o' yer 'ead, now where's the cpt'n//

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 12:38:06 pm »
Monua is loading his kitchen-supplies into the ship. a large crane grabs the huge package and pushes it through the gate. while he waits, he is eating a large piece of bread with a dead makrot on it (a huge pig)

"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 12:49:37 pm »
<Aaaaak!> Zixik stumbled over one of the metal crates in the cargo bay.
<Damn Boxes.> He whispered quietly and walked outside, picking up another and lifting it in.
<Years of advancement.> He grunted. <Microchips the size of atoms.> He says and kicks a box.
<And still, my beautiful machines take up almost the whole cargo bay!>
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 08:06:19 pm »
*the stealth ship arrives and attaches it self to the hull, Rockler steps out and takes a look aorund*
Rockler"coast clear...*he scans the area and steps around, he silently moves through the halls and hugs the wall, he presses a button and his ship detaches itself and flies off*
Rockler"now to find the good'ol capin. hehe"
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 10:12:12 pm »
then suddenly, the crane stops working and sparks of electricity are jumping away from the machine.
'eeehh...' sais Monua 'better find myself an electrician.' as he walks away from the cargo bay.
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 10:11:53 am »
An new announcement plays:

"Arr, Ye Black Chugs or Redhaven! Would the stinkin' Slorks I hired please proceed to the ship? Deck 18, Dock A. Ha' a Nice Trip."

Captain Tahoone leant back in his control chair aboard The Gully Sulliver. Soon he would meet the crew his first mate had hired.

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 10:45:45 am »
''aaauw pleez!'' asked Monua Again ''sorry, i have other stuff to do. more IMPORTIANT stuff'' when the technician walked away, Monua became annoyed ''listen, just do it, and i'll cook a delicious meal for you!''
''sorry, my mom always told me not to eat food from strangers'' laughed the technician. Angey turned Monua around and walked back to the ship. he had to do it by himself. without the crane.
he grabbed the cate with his robotic claw and pushed it with brute force into the ship. at that moment,
then the announcement echoed through the port:

"Arr, Ye Black Chugs or Redhaven! Would the stinkin' Slorks I hired please proceed to the ship? Deck 18, Dock A. Ha' a Nice Trip."

Monua closed the gate, and walked to the entrance of the ship. ''lets see how many empty pirates we can fill'' was his last thought before he entered the spacecraft called 'the Gully Sulliver'
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 11:12:33 am »
"Aye, Who be ye? I but hazard a guess you be that villanous islanic Cook of ours. Welcome, welcome. You wi' be cookin' Slop an' Glog. Nuffin' fancy for the lads. O' course, me an' Martan here will be after some fancy eats. Baked Sanseuiece, Tarsallai dhul norbai, Juq del millia, Shanta tal moren, than sort of thing? Fine eats. Fine, fine eats. Take a gander at that there map. I be plotting our course soon."

Martan leaned over and whispered in the Captain's ear.
"You really are a squard, Captain. You didn't pronounce any of those right. Get over yourself."The Captain shoo'ed him irritably.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 11:21:49 am by Balthamael »

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 11:21:53 am »
"Uh... Cap I be done with getting the crates aboard. Can I be eating now, cap?" Ting asked his Captain.
Ting was about 3 times as long of the captain, and he could probably take him out of he cought him off guard, but these kinds of things were never on Ting's mind. He was a.. "simple" person. All he cared about was food, work, and his captain.
The captain usually ignored him, like this time, so Ting dropped himself on the floor, causing some of the items there to rinkle and almost fall down. The captain gave him a foul look.
"S- Sorry Cap."

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 11:41:27 am »
Claw entered the room. He was used to a drunken crew of lowlifes but this one was indeed a freak show. He looked around for a few moments looking for the captain. *Sigh, “I sure hope the captain knows what he is doing if this is the crew he chose”. Oh well, he had more important things on his mind like his new position. Though it wasn’t first mate it was indeed important and he knew he could use it to really get this ship known and fulfill his potential. “Hi there scum, do you know where our captain is?”

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 11:53:06 am »
"I be here. I am the Eminent, Emigmatic Captain Tahoone. You are 'The Claw'? Excellent. Feel free to gander the map, we shall be decidin' upon a course...in due course."

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 12:04:07 pm »
*As his fellow crewmen found out claw was one of the only pirates who didn’t have an accent. His father told him it sometimes skips a generation.
"Excssssellent captain, I will take a look right away. So how many men are under my command again ssssir?"