Author Topic: Time for a creepy topic  (Read 41911 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Time for a creepy topic
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 11:17:49 am »
Wait... am I really brave or something? I just find these stories funny, none of them are especially scary, since the things you have to do to experience the 'events' described are so ridiculously specific its preposterous anybody would ever happen on them by accident. Not to mention that all that occult crap doesnt exist anyway.

Oh, and just to point out the extremely obvious to anyone who hasnt thought of it already (Which I'm sure everyone has) If the people that go to these places and do these things are never heard from again, how does the anonymous internet guy know about them?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 11:23:33 am »
...Hm...good point.

Hey, you know, in 1945 a young girl named k...
*Gets angry mobbed by Internet

Should have expected that  ::)

Still, mostly any one of these stories seems interchangable with that one on youtube.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2007, 11:55:10 am »
Wait... am I really brave or something? I just find these stories funny, none of them are especially scary, since the things you have to do to experience the 'events' described are so ridiculously specific its preposterous anybody would ever happen on them by accident. Not to mention that all that occult crap doesnt exist anyway.

Oh, and just to point out the extremely obvious to anyone who hasnt thought of it already (Which I'm sure everyone has) If the people that go to these places and do these things are never heard from again, how does the anonymous internet guy know about them?

pffft, duhh...doesn't mean it can't still scare me... :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 12:12:13 pm »
Wait, this is supposed to be true? I thought it was supposed to be funny and offbeat

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2007, 12:23:18 pm »
No! It's not supposed to be anything other than creepy anecdotes for the sake of creepy anecdotes. =P

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 12:39:03 pm »
story: someone in your house!!!! BEHIND YOU  :-* ....ok that didnt make sense

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 01:04:45 pm »
anybody ever heard the one about staring into a mirror and saying Biggie Smalls three times?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 01:13:26 pm »
anybody ever heard the one about staring into a mirror and saying Biggie Smalls three times?

That one actually works!

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2007, 01:56:23 pm »
I thought it was Candyman, Candyman, Candyman...

Oh, thats five times.. never mind.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 02:12:55 pm »
wel that one is just to scare lil kids...i dont think anyone is even called biggie smalls...i mean the front name is big and the last one is smal

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2007, 02:15:32 pm »
You want to hear something really creepy?

Eventually, you will die.
Now that's creepy.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2007, 02:39:49 pm »
last one

Cats prey on the souls of the dead. Why else do they have nine lives?
---
A glassblower makes these beautiful globes (continents etched in and everything). If you crack one with a silver hammer, an earthquake will happen wherever you smacked it.
---
The world already ended on January 1, 2000. We're all in Hell.
---
Before World War II, we could fly, shoot lasers from our eyes, walk through walls, all sorts of crazy crap. Now, comic books are the only record of our lost powers.
---
The whole layout of Beijing's Forbidden City is symmetrical. Up to the Tang dynasty, when an emperor ordered the construction of a single door. When the stars are right, you can find its opposite door, and it leads you into a completely different plane of existence.

---
Deep in a wood somewhere north east of Atlanta, Georgia, lies the largest oak tree ever recorded. Not many people know it exists, or have ever been to it. If you cut your right hand, and bleed onto the trunk of the tree while reciting an almost forgotten cherokee indian spirit chant, the tree will grant you any one wish you desire. The only draw back is, that if the tree dies, the people who made the pact will also die.

The wood has been scheduled for development.
---
There is a fortune 500 company based in Texas that actually isn't a company. It just runs commercial, produces ads, and promotes itself. Supposedly, the owner of the company is an eccentric who has a cult of followers who live in a town named after him. He is viewed as a God because he is on a quest to inject himself with every disease known to man, and then overcome them. There is only one disease he wishes to never contract, for fear that it will drive him mad.
---
There's a karaoke machine filled with the souls of dead musicians. Every Friday night, they come out and jam.
Mark David Champman murdered John Lennon, because he went to an actual Strawberry Fields, and lost his grip on reality.
If you go on a special subway route, and get off on every stop, to study the phone numbers on the bathroom, you'll unlock a mathematical pattern - that hides the meaning of life.
The Hope Diamond at the Smithsonian Museum is a fake. The government is keeping it - as a conduit of magical power.
Wire-tapping doesn't exist. The government really spies on you with monsters composed entirely of eyes.
The euphemism "Gosh" was actually fabricated by a militiant anti-Catholic group to dethrone the Judeo-Christian god and replace him with the puppet god Gosh. You'll be praying to our good Lord Gosh, soon.
There's a swamp in the Deep South, where if you enter, you don't come out.

It's filled with zombies who attacked a town near it.

Yeah.
---------
fin
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 02:46:27 pm by Samog »
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2007, 02:48:29 pm »
oh, that last one was weak.

There is a building, in a city, in the USA.  In that building is a door.  If you open the door at a certian time while holding a certian item and saying a certian phrase, you... ah... become immortal and stuff.  Or maybe you die a horribly gruesome death.  I can never remember that part.  Anyways, you should try it sometime.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2007, 06:22:58 pm »
Here is the creepiest thing that ever happened to me. This is absolutely true, not an urban legend or a ghost story:

when I was 17 I had a dream. In this dream I was in a car and it was dark outside. There were fields all around but the car was stopped and we couldn't get it started again. One of my friends looks at his watch and he says the time is 1:15 which he seems to find amusing but I dont know why. Then I feel a strange pressure on my right leg which doesn't make sense because I'm looking down at my leg and there's nothing there. Then I hear a voice and it's whispering in my right ear "you will die soon." This freaks me out and I slowly come awake and as I do I realise the pressure on my right leg feels a lot like when someone's sitting on your covers and causing them to be pulled tight against you and the voice was in my right ear but noone could've been sitting on the right hand side of my bed because it was against the wall.

I went to school and I told all of my friends about my dream and they laughed and said how weird it was and joked that we'd have to make sure we were never travelling that late in fields, then we forgot about it. A week later I was having my 18th birthday but I was having it at my friend's house because she had a house on her property we could use so we had dinner then we all drove to her farm 20 mins out of town. it was about 10:30pm. I was in the last car and when we got there everyone was panicked. I finally got someone to tell me that one of my friends had dislocated his knee and we needed to get an ambulance. Since it was my party but my friend's house I agreed to travel in the ambulance and some other friends drove back with us so they could bring me back to the party. It takes many an hour to get assistance in the emergency wards unless you're dying so we spent several hours waiting with my friend for him to get looked at and then headed off back to the party when he went into a room. On the way back to the farm one of my friends looked at the clock and laughed and said "It's 1:15, just like your dream" and we all completely freaked out. The driver was so scared that he was shaking and we ran more risk of him running us off the road from fear than anything else but he refused to stop for obvious reasons.

We made it back to the party and everything was fine...but we'd all agreed that we would never travel at that time but found ourselves travelling anyway. I always thought of the dream as a warning not to stop the car but I doubt if anything would've happened if we had stopped...or maybe it would have.

In any case, it was a bit of an anticlimax but it scared the hell out of me.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2007, 06:46:06 pm »
First one (wrote it myself I did, though for... effect... I took some parts out of the earlier writings.)

---
In any city, in any country, go to any mental institution or halfway house in you can get yourself to. When you reach the front desk, ask to visit someone who calls them self "The Giver of Good Times". Should a pleased look of reminiscing about by-gone days go over the workers face, you will then be taken to a remote apartment building. It will be on the 13th floor, only reachable through flights of rickety stairs. You will hear metal being shaken and bent, as if someone, rather something, is gnawing at the chains and bars that hold them.

Should the sound of metal stop at any time, it means you have probably stopped, since the sound was only of your feet ascending the rickety metal staircase. If the silence makes you uncomfortable, it is advised you keep going. If you still hear silence, even though you resumed your trek, jump straight to the ground and flee to the nearest heavily populated area. It is also advised you find someone to sleep with during the next several weeks. If need be, hire a prostitute. If you avoid this anecdote, turn to page 45.

If the clattering of metal continues, go on. Upon reaching the 13th floor all you will see is a dark room, which is odd since it's walls are literally windows. You could've sworn it was bright earlier. But do not question yourself. If you do, turn to page 45. A metal cage will be directly in front of you. Each time you blink it will seem as if it just jumped ahead a meter.  A beautiful looking woman will be in that cage. Her eyes alone seem to swim deep with souls like the river Styx, and in fact many people get lost in them (see page 45). Most amazing is her third eye, resting neatly between her eyebrows. It mysteriously does not detract from her overall appearance, but a faint glow and ghastly sound seem to emanate from it. The person will only respond to one question. What happens if they all have a good time?

The person will then stare into your eyes and answer your question in lucid detail. Many go mad in that very cell, some disappear soon after the meeting, a few end their lives. But most do the worst thing and look upon the woman's third eye. You will want to as well. Be warned, if you do your death will be that of cruelty and unrelenting horror, forever lost in her eyes.

Your death will be in that room, by that person's hands.

That object is 42 of 2538. They must never come together. Never.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 06:49:16 pm by stuckin2004 »