Author Topic: Time for a creepy topic  (Read 41842 times)

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Time for a creepy topic
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 12:31:21 pm »
Just some quick stuff...

There is an elevator in an office block in Manchester. If you enter this elevator from the twentieth floor, at the exact time you were born, and enter your date of birth into the floor number buttons, the elevator will start to move upwards, and will stop once, twenty floors up. One person will enter the elevator, you, twenty years from the future. He will tell you how you will die, and that he is due to die this way in 10 more years.
   But what if you go down to the ground floor, and a you twenty years younger enters? What will you say?

---

Take a train in the metro in Valencia, Spain, and approach a homeless man sitting on a seat and staring forward. Ask him would he like a fresh drink, and he will ask for the drink that you will drink before you die.

---
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 01:43:19 pm »

Use when the story needs it.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 04:14:22 pm »
When I saw that I dropped my pizza!!!

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 04:20:33 pm »
What website are you getting all those stories from, thye are very awsome.
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2007, 04:48:30 pm »
Yep Grazony, spamming is fun, but you should avoid it. Especially when you dont know the right place to do it. (ex. in this topic)
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2007, 11:00:56 pm »
Y'know how KFC isn't Kentucky Fried Chicken anymore... just KFC? The Knowledge Flayers Council bought out the chain and changed the name so they could apply their sympathetic magic, and now every one of those joints is an altar attuned to their cause... while the unsuspecting masses worship. Of course, before they could do it, they had to kill off the Colonel first... and at two hundred and fifty years old, he must have had a couple tricks up his sleeve. But they got him, and to the victor goes the spoils.

-----

you guys suck.
there's a light bulb out in this room, so i can't make it any less dark, and now i'm too jumpy to do my homework, which i need for midterms tomorrow.

bastards.  :P
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 12:48:52 am »
They say if you do your midterms in a darkened room and recite the incantation formed of the the last letter of each essay-type question backwards, a demon with the ability to grant eternal wisdom will offer you perfect results in exchange for your soul. The first word of the incantation is alwas 'Ssucsid'.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 06:29:44 pm »
third one

---
In any city, in any country, go to any mental instituion or halfway house in you can get yourself to. When you reach the front desk, ask to visit someone who calls themself "The Holder of the End". Should a look of child-like fear come over the workers face, you will then be taken to a cell in the building. It will be in a deep hidden section of the building. All you will hear is the sound of someone talking to themselves echo the halls. It is in a language that you will not understand, but your very soul will feel unspeakable fear.

Should the talking stop at any time, STOP and QUICKLY say aloud "I'm just passing through, I wish to talk." If you still hear silence, flee. Leave, do not stop for anything, do not go home, don't stay at an inn, just keep moving, sleep where your body drops. You will know in the morning if you've escaped.

If the voice in the hall comes back after you utter those words continue on. Upon reaching the cell all you will see is a windowless room with a person in the corner, speaking an unknown language, and cradling something. The person will only respond to one question. What happens when they all come together?

The person will then stare into your eyes and answer your question in horrifiying detail. Many go mad in that very cell, some disappear soon after the meeting, a few end they're lives. But most do the worst thing and look upon the object in the person's hands. You will want to as well. Be warned, if you do your death will be that of cruelity and unrelenting horror.

Your death will be in that room, by that person's hands.

That object is 1 of 2538. They must never come together. Never.
---
Find an object in your room roughly the size of your fist. It could be a cup, or a tennis ball, or any other item of medium size. Hold onto your left thumb with your right hand. Lower your left middle finger down, towards the object. This must be done as slowly as possible. If your hand is slow enough, your finger will pass through the object. DO NOT STOP MOVING YOUR HAND. Also, DO NOT REGISTER THIS EVENT IN YOUR BRAIN, as much as this is possible. You are playing with reality itself. The realisation of this violation can cause you to lose your soul.
---
The images we see in the mirror are the pure incarnates of evil. They are only allowed to exist in the area reflected in the glass. To them, life is like a neverending hell, rotting away in the same room day after day. The only refuse from this purgatory is death, and the only way for them to die, sad to say, is if YOU die. Fortunately, they are bound by a code. You are their master, and they must mirror your every movement and expression. To do otherwise would break an unbreakable law, unravelling the space-time continuum. However, there is a loophole, and it can only be triggered by you, the master. To force them into error is to free them from their contract; after you let them out of your view, you're on your own. Know this: when you watch them, they're watching you back. They're watching. And they're thinking.
~
A note to the daring:
The next time you're alone in your room, turn down the lights. Think of something on your body that varies in length, such as hair. It must be clearly viewable from your perspective. Grab a ruler and, looking in the mirror, quickly grab a hair at random; you must confuse it. Hold it in position as best you can and note the length. Look down. Yours will be different. Don't look back up. Don't turn your back to that mirror ever again.
---
In 1990, a small meteorite was sighted in the night sky by the Hubble telescope. It appeared to be on a collision course with earth, but calculations showed that it was far too small and moving far too slowly to be a threat to our home planet.

In 1997, the long-forgotten meteorite entered the atmosphere. It did not burn away, as scientists predicted; it barely even grew warm. Even so, it landed without drawing much attention on the outskirts of a village in the middle of Africa, on the edge of the Sahara.

Three months later, a safari expedition vanished while en route through the jungle. They never reached their checkpoint, within walking distance from the desert.

A research team in 1998 happened on the impact crater of the meteorite by chance. They detected high levels of radiation in the crater, though they could not identify what element had caused it. They drove to the nearby village to warn the locals of the danger, but the settlement was completely empty. Not a soul nor a body could be found for miles around. The only evidence of life left, current or past, were the long-abandoned grass huts, and a great number of footprints leading into the sands of the Sahara. None of the footprints could be matched against any living creature on record.
---
Have you ever seen video feedback? That's where a camera is pointed directly at the video screen so it records itself recording itself recording itself, ad infinitum.

The pictures on the screen can resemble psychodelic pattern to the oblique observer, but obviously, since the camera is photographing infinity, they are pictures of God.
---
There is a certain road near the Everglades in Florida, which, if you drive down it alone in the rain, day or night, you will suddenly have a very real feeling of being completely lost. Your radio will turn to static, your CDs will skip, and your tapes will play slower than normal. If you try to find a map in your car, it will have mysteriously vanished.

If you continue forward down the road for more than a minute, you will find that you can't turn around, and everything behind you is pitch dark. There are no other roads and no other cars.

Continuing down the road, you will come upon a fork with no signposts. In the middle of the fork, there will be a man, covered head to foot in various pieces of clothing. The only skin visible will be around his eyes, which will be bright green.

You must get out of your car, but do not turn it off or close the door after you. You must approach the man, but stop at least three feet away. You must stand there silently, waiting for him to speak first. If you break the silence first, you will find yourself back on a main road, but you will die within 24 hours.

If he speaks first, he will ask you what you require. Tell him that you need to know which road will take you to your destination. He will then ask you what you will offer him in exchange for his assistance. If you offer him a ride, he and your car will disappear, and you will become the new guardian of the crossroad. If you offer him an umbrella, he will take it and stab you through the chest. If you offer him your love, he will take your heart still beating from your chest and eat it, condemning you to walk the earth without a heart, insane from the pain and loss.

You must offer him your loyalty and kneel before him. If you do this, he will close his eyes and bow in return, extending a hand to whichever path will lead you back to safety.

If you try to run from him, you will be dead before you reach your car, and your body will be found back in your car in some random location.
---
As a marketing campaign of the DuPont company, it is understood that if you discover a green leaf in fall, on a tree with otherwise dead leaves, if you are able to get this leaf, then you will never get any older, nor will you die, so long as the leaf stays green. Better buy some ****ing green paint.
---
There is a small island in the Mediterranean Sea that does not appear on any map. It cannot be seen from any other island, nor can any other land be seen from it. On this island is a lighthouse, rotting from age and sea water, that is never lit. There is nothing inside it, save for a spiraling staircase that leads to the top, and an ancient, dusty bookcase.

The case is filled with unmarked books, bound in ancient leather, save for a single space. If you remove a book from the shelf, it will fling itself open in your hands, and the words inscribed in it shall start screaming to the air. You must wrestle the book closed and shove it back on the shelf, or the immortal evil contained within its pages shall break free, and you will be forced to take its place, with pages, ink and binding crafted from your own flesh and blood.

However, if you bring the correct book to the island, and place it in the empty space, the lighthouse will light. As long as it is lit, the world shall enjoy an unending paradise, for all the evil in the world will be contained in the lighthouse. And while it is lit, nothing can go in or out.

The only problem; you will be trapped for eternity with all the evil ever known or conceived, by man or god. And the only way to escape, is to douse the light.
---
Have you ever heard the expression "an apple a day keeps the Doctor away?" Most assume, with no reason to think otherwise, that it is simply an easy-to-remember rhyme that stresses the importance of eating healthily to young children. But the saying did not originate as a harmless reminder. It was born in a frontier town in the early years of the gold rush, where food was scarce and money even scarcer.

One August, when a bad drought had struck the region, a series of bloody killings swept through the town. Every night, a single house would be broken into, and anyone who saw the invader would be swiftly, brutally slain. Nothing was ever stolen, save for a few scraps of food.

After two weeks of this, the local grocer set out a few apples and a glass of milk in the town square overnight. He then hid in the tower of the church, hoping to catch a glimpse of anyone who came by.

Fighting fatigue, the grocer waited for any sign of life below. Just after midnight, he was rewarded by a chilling sight; a man, carrying a black bag stuffed with dully shining metal tools and covered from head to foot in cloth bandages, staggered into view. He paused at the sight of the apples and milk, then whipped his head around, as if looking for the one who dared to patronize him. Seized with fear, the grocer ducked out of sight, staying hidden 'til sunrise.

The strange man had only taken one of the apples, and didn't even touch the glass of milk. No houses were broken into, and noone was killed. For decades, the town continued to place out an apple or two every night, even long after a single apple stopped dissapearing.
---
There is an abandoned mental hospital at the top of a hill in Worcester, Massachusetts. Once every 5 years an old rusty box spring appears within the courtyard of the hospital. If you can sneak inside and sleep through the night on the bed, in the morning a man with a shirt that reads "Observe and absolve" will take out his wallet and give you a picture. This picture will show you how you will die. If the picture is of the man standing before you, running won't help.
---
There is a heavily Irish-decorated bar on the north side of Chicago, hidden away from all the trendy restaurants and stores.
On Saint Patrick's Day of every year, this bar will suddenly turn pitch black rather than the usual green. If you open the front door of the bar, you will be faced with utter darkness. Even if it's broad daylight outside, none of the light spreads into this bar.
If you step inside, you can hear a jukebox playing a broken record, over and over and over...
"I see a red door and I want it painted black...
No colors anymore, just want it to turn black..."
If you turn back around to walk out, you'll find that the door isn't there anymore. Just more darkness.
---
You'd be surprised to learn how few actual people there really are in the world.
---
Have you heard about the australian scientist and techno composer who smeared yogurt on a CD to get different sounds out of a CD because of the bacteria? Have you ever wondered how it affects the movies one watches on a DVD?

Trust me, you don't want to find out.
---
There is a hidden file on all Windows computers that, if viewed, causes gastrointestinal problems.

There is a hidden file on all Macs that, if viewed, kills your sexual drive.

There is a hidden file in all Linux computers that, if viewed, causes a complete loss of sanity.

This file is in the exact same location on all computers in the world.
---
Every ten years, the police capture and hang an innocent man to make up for all the wickedness that escapes them.
---
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 08:48:07 pm »
I would like to thank luminar for starting this topic.  Also please don't post things of this nature unless you know for a fact they are true.
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Urb

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2007, 09:38:15 pm »
VFX you scared the crap outta me

I really ought not read theses (i did) i know thier not true but im not completely sane (not retarded or anything..its just hard to explain)

So i get spooked rather easeily. Im scared of very little but get spooked easeily..that does not make sense  but its true

Big Bang Theory: In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. Into something...yeah that makes sense :/

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 09:43:40 pm »
Most of these are hilarious. Makes me want to write a few.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 10:16:40 pm »
ooh, I've got one.  A friend from Dayton told me this:

The town of Dayton, Tennessee, is well known as the site of the Scopes Monkey Trial.  What isn't well known is that kept in one of the upper rooms of the Dayton courthouse to this day is Scopes the Monkey.  The trial itself had nothing with monkeys, of course.  "Scopes" was a chimpanzee brought in by an animal trainer from a small circus to entertain the crowds during court recesses.  Records of the events that summer say that the chimp was a huge success, at first.  However, the summer of 1925 was one of the hottest on record for the state, and Scopes' mood seemed to deteriorate.  One day, near the end of the trial, as Scopes's keeper led him up to the courthouse, the chimp suddenly stood straight up and began to scream at the top of its lungs.  Nothing could be done to silence the animal; he had become stiff as a board and had to be carried away.  It was a rather unsettling event, and wasn't widely reported.

Seven years later, a large crate arrived at the courthouse.  It contained the stuffed remains of Scopes and a letter addressed to the mayor of Dayton.  The letter is now kept with other legal documents of the city, and is only read by the new mayor on the day of his inauguration.  A display room was set up for Scopes on the top floor of the courthouse.

If you ever go to Dayton and go up to have a look at Scopes, there are several things you should take note of.  First, there are very faint lines on his face and palms.  Thought to be some mistake of the taxidermist, they at first seem random, though appear to form shapes and symbols if they are observed for long enough.  Also, while the chimp's fake eyes appear glassy, they never seem to reflect the light in the room; or any light, for that matter.  However, if you visit Dayton in July, be sure not to stay in the courthouse past nightfall, and do not, under any circumstances, take the stairs to the upper floor.  If, for some reason, you are outside on a July night in Dayton, TN, at exactly 3:13 AM you will briefly hear a scream from the center of town.  There are few awake that late in Dayton, and any who are make a point of being inside around that time.  Bring up the story to any locals and they will give you a strange look, and after an awkward pause, start laughing about the stories tourists will believe..
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2007, 04:20:44 am »
Also please don't post things of this nature unless you know for a fact they are true.

Despite the fact that I said in the original post you can be ficticious if you want to. XP

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2007, 08:43:54 am »
The scary thing is I can't find these stories with the Google. That means they're outside the Googleverse, and I can't imagine anything scarier than that!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2007, 11:09:27 am »
So i get spooked rather easily. Im scared of very little but get spooked easily..that does not make sense  but its true

ditto  :D
they're so addicting...i want to stop reading but i just can't!

The scary thing is I can't find these stories with the Google. That means they're outside the Googleverse, and I can't imagine anything scarier than that!

and ditto

:( :o
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]