Author Topic: Bigot Brother?  (Read 7525 times)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
Re: Bigot Brother?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2007, 01:03:02 pm »
-snip-

Another one was when I lived in an extremely white community, I was one of the extremely few people of colour at the time. I went to school with a kid who was a metis (one parent was aboriginal). He often used to talk to me about being a minority and sticking up for one another (strangely though I was never bullied due to race). Anyway when I told him I was moving to Vancouver he was shocked because it was full of "them". When I asked who "them" were he replied the chinese.  I guess they don't count as a minority in his books. Needless to say I haven't spoken with him since.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:02:19 pm by Interitus »
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2007, 07:53:48 am »
I really don't think I could care less about this.

Big Brother was already the biggest train wreck on television. If this results in the show being pulled, all the better.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2007, 11:21:53 am »
Agreed, but.

It shows you how much your statement is true that broadcasted racism is what they sank to in order to try and pull some attention to the damn show.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2007, 01:20:46 pm »
It's kind of funny. This is great publicity for the Indian girl (her name escapes me right now...) and terrible for Jane Goody. I am actually seeing the girls movies pop up now, and now everyone knows her name and feels sorry for her.

It's also weird because Jane Goody is a useless chav who is only a "star2 because she won Big Brother a few years ago, while the other girl has a load of money and is a Bollywood star.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2007, 09:00:40 pm »
I really don't think I could care less about this.

Big Brother was already the biggest train wreck on television. If this results in the show being pulled, all the better.

If a guy hitting a girl in the face with his privates (Turkey Slapping as it quickly became well known as) on Australian Big Brother didn't get that pulled, a racist bigot comment wont get the Pom English one pulled.

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2007, 02:02:41 am »
Big Brother thrives on controversy. Every time something like this happens people become interested and the show pulls more ratings. One day it'll go too far but for now, every time we become outraged and annoyed by it we're helping them.

Any publicity is good publicity.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2007, 01:06:05 pm »
You know what though, I'm no fan of big brother, but I say if all this caused racism and different forms of it to be brought back to light, then good. Sure big brother might have absolutely no soul and love the attention it's getting. But if it caused even one person to reconsider how they think of a group of people or act around them.. well you can't say the result is bad, even if the means are questionable.
My karma ran over your dogma