Author Topic: A Different Type of PSWii  (Read 4740 times)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Re: A Different Type of PSWii
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 07:17:12 am »
And as if the $79 price-tag of the PS2 version wasn't expensive enough, the 360 version will cost $89!

I still think that Sony should just cancel the PS3 and ride the PS2 for the next five years.

Well...ok, not really! But the PS2 is still a really great system!

The 360 version has ten extra songs, and you can download new song packs of 10 for 500 points, with the PS2 version you have to buy stand alone expansion-esque games to get these songs.  The 360 version will be far cheaper in the long run, and I'd much prefer to have all the songs in one game, rather than having to switch discs if I want to play a few different songs.

But does anyone really want to pay money over Live to get extra "song packs"?

I already do that in iTunes.

Hmm...I just think that "microtransactions" are stupid in the first place. I'd rather they pack those songs into the final game.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 08:36:16 am »
And as if the $79 price-tag of the PS2 version wasn't expensive enough, the 360 version will cost $89!

I still think that Sony should just cancel the PS3 and ride the PS2 for the next five years.

Well...ok, not really! But the PS2 is still a really great system!

The 360 version has ten extra songs, and you can download new song packs of 10 for 500 points, with the PS2 version you have to buy stand alone expansion-esque games to get these songs.  The 360 version will be far cheaper in the long run, and I'd much prefer to have all the songs in one game, rather than having to switch discs if I want to play a few different songs.

But does anyone really want to pay money over Live to get extra "song packs"?

I already do that in iTunes.

Hmm...I just think that "microtransactions" are stupid in the first place. I'd rather they pack those songs into the final game.

I think it's cool in this case. In situations where the developers are basically posting microtransactions merely to be jerks about it, that's one thing, but in this case, Harmonix is basically just saying, "Look, we want the game to be released sometime soon. But as we get the rights to have more songs, we might decide to develop them for download for a minor fee so that people can get something new out of the game."

I can see both sides in this case. This isn't like some of the other games out there that use microtransactions in a blatanty unfair way in order to nickel and dime gamers to death.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 09:19:02 am »
If they don't think that they finished the game as well as they could, they should be releasing the songs for free. Paying for an unfinished game is bad enough; being made to pay for the rest of it as well is diabolical.

Either finish it on time or give it to us later, don't sell us an unfinished program for full price. So saith /lurk.

Besides, no-one could get away with that on a PC. <3 Internet piracy, yarr.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 09:49:03 am »
If they don't think that they finished the game as well as they could, they should be releasing the songs for free. Paying for an unfinished game is bad enough; being made to pay for the rest of it as well is diabolical.

Either finish it on time or give it to us later, don't sell us an unfinished program for full price. So saith /lurk.

Besides, no-one could get away with that on a PC. <3 Internet piracy, yarr.

That's not what they're doing. It's the exact same game as the PS2 version, only with the 360 version they might make available additional tracks to play.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 12:20:54 pm »
The PS2 is getting the same stuff, but you will have to buy them as seperate games.  There's an 80's version, and a metal one coming.  Again, I'd much rather just download these as extra tracks rather than having to buy a seperate game to play them, and it's not like this is just content they're holding pack to make us pay for.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 05:57:27 pm »
I understand that the 360 version is the same as the PS2 version and all, I just personally don't like microtransactions. In most cases, I like to just buy a game and leave it at that.

I think Oblivion and The Sims are about the only exceptions I've made! :D

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 10:01:59 pm »
I like what they are doing with the 360 version it is the PS2 the entire GH2 its a finished game plus 10 tracks. After that they will put up new tracks which is all good if you ask me I'd rather have one CD play all versions of a game than say like if I had a PS2 with 20 versions of Singstar.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2007, 08:53:53 pm »
I understand that the 360 version is the same as the PS2 version and all, I just personally don't like microtransactions. In most cases, I like to just buy a game and leave it at that.

Well, you wouldn't have to buy the additional tracks they make available through the microtransactions. That said, anything they can do to extend a game's playtime without completely ripping me off? Good by me. :)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2007, 10:19:26 pm »

Well, you wouldn't have to buy the additional tracks they make available through the microtransactions. That said, anything they can do to extend a game's playtime without completely ripping me off? Good by me. :)

Yeah, I'm not angry at all for them putting extra content up on Live as long as I don't get jiped. In some cases, the extra content extends the life of the game, and I get a better value out of it.

But sometimes, instead of paying for a few expansions online, I'd rather just use that money to get the sequel. Only for games that I am either finished with and/or really enjoy will I get expansions.

And I'm talking about microtransactions. PC expansions I have no problem getting, as they usually add a lot more (for a higher price).