Author Topic: Sentience  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
Re: Sentience
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2005, 12:02:41 am »
If the UFO is the sandbox mode, I see no reason why you can't start evolving a creature on a computer controlled planet with a sentient race already present. Build yourself some deathclaws and dig in to the crunchies (populace)

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 05:02:16 pm »
Long Live the Deathclaws

the tribal stage is realy the last chance a non sentient species has to advance to sentientce before the already sentient species moves to the city stage.
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Reiden Argrock

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2005, 12:03:08 pm »
I'm having difficulty locating where it says that their can only be one sentient creature on a planet? Why can't their be other creatures on your planet that evolve with you?  And if it is so that their can be only one per planet, than I guess you won't be able to populate other planets that already contain a sentient species without destroying them first, so much for multi cultured planets....

See the flaw?

Offline Oviraptor

• Shinobi Ninja
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2005, 12:09:15 pm »
I'm having difficulty locating where it says that their can only be one sentient creature on a planet? Why can't their be other creatures on your planet that evolve with you? And if it is so that their can be only one per planet, than I guess you won't be able to populate other planets that already contain a sentient species without destroying them first, so much for multi cultured planets....

See the flaw?

I see no reason why you couldn't put a colony on another creature's planet, whether or not the creatures already there like it. As for only one sentient creature to start with, Will Wright said it in the interview. (Transcript two)

Offline Haddeen Sol

• Adventure Ace
  • The proletariat are undeserving of my presence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2005, 12:03:19 am »
I never liked the hairy Deathclaw. Why would a lizard have fur, I ask? I much preferred the polite kind sporting stylish robes.
Riot grrrrl!

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2005, 12:07:19 am »
It isn't hair, its clothing. Its the latest fashion, Versace, post apocolypse, made from real mutant!