Author Topic: The Element RPG  (Read 11613 times)

Offline Ultima_Squirrel

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Hi. Hello there! How are you? Good thanks!
    • View Profile
The Element RPG
« on: January 14, 2007, 09:04:41 am »
Well,  i decided to start one of these forum rpg things, so... yeah..

In a distant, parralel universe, where things never possible in our world are reality, there is a planet orbiting two suns, alternating between them. On this planet, there are six warring kingdoms, each very different. Because of the magical energy inside this planet, people randomly generate powers, and are eventually enlisted into the kingdoms armies. These people can control certain elements, depending on their location. You are one of them. You don't have to join the armies. I will plan out attacks and stuff, like battles and full scale assaults on cities. Only once in a while though.

Ok, so character bios can be anything you want, but heres what you need to include:

Kingdom:

Fyrus: Land of desert and volcanoes, you have fire and lava powers here. They are heavily militaristic and take people they need off the streets into the army. Most characters should have a rough lifestyle, but you don't have to. Stable law system, no crime.

Galena: The sky city, held up by massive helicopter wings and massive bridges, you gain the ability to fly and control wind here. They encourage enlisting in the army here. Most people live a rich lifestyle. Crime is low, but poorer people tend to rob houses. Any crime is punished by throwing them off the city.

Dawner: The bright land, never dark. You have control of healing and light. This city is perfect, everyone is joyful. It is almost eeire to outsiders. The army breeds their soldiers, they don't enlist. Crime just doesn't happen, everyone has food, and a great lifestyle.

Kazama: The forested area to the west of the sky city. People have control of earth and plant here. The city is mainly tree houses and bamboo huts. The people are native, and everyone has the same lifestyle.
The army is just unorginised milita, but their control of vines, poison and rock make them formidible foes. Crime isn't really known here.

Veskma: Land of constant darkness. People have control of the dark and negative energy. This is a rough place, crime is high and soldiers take random people off the streets. There is hardly enough food and water. Most people enlist in the army to get food. They are the most agressive nation and will attack without hesitation.

Jubaner: Island nation. Many islands with villages and trade routes. People gain control of water and ice. Everyone has a tropical lifestyle. Crime is common, but nothing is done. The military use ships, and go around to islands to enlist, with offers of food, water and shelter to their families. Their use of ships and many island makes them hard to attack.

ok, so you don't have to choose to have a power either. just say no power.

Role: Here you choose what role you play, like military leader, civilian ect.

Anyway, wait until five people join, then i'll start a few battles, and you can take it from there. I will do a few military desicions, and play a few roles.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The Element RPG
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 09:13:33 am »
Hey this could be fun.

I want dibs Jubaner.

But before I do anything could you show us an example of how a round will work? Write up a quick exchange between a few armies if you don't mind.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 09:31:53 am »
Wait, so is this a personal RP, or an RP where we each control a nation?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 09:32:49 am »
Galena sounds interesting. I'll take it.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 09:35:07 am »
Nooo! Why didn't I say that!

I don;t see where it says you can only have one person in each nation, but if it's true, I'll take Kazama, if it ain't, I also want to be in Galena.

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 09:54:35 am »
I'd also like to be in Kazama, but if everyone gets its own kingdom, then AW can have Kazema and I'll take Dawner.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 09:59:47 am »
Hey guys, there's a format in his post. Also, I don't think it's one person to a nation. Anyway.

Lord Vivec
Diplomat of Galena

Anyone want to be my cliched bodyguard that I've known since childhood?

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 10:02:00 am »
I'll do it!

Gurus Kansen
Guard of Lord Vivec

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 10:15:02 am »
Okay then...

Patrick Vincent -- Association Moderator of the Democratic Association of Jubaner

I'll write up a thing on Jubaner as soon as I see how this game is played.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 06:13:36 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 10:47:24 am »
I guess I'll come out and voice my worry now.

I do not think that Squirrel is going to be here frequently enough to be able to pull this off.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 11:09:12 am »
I changed my mind. I actually want to be from Veskma.

Sorry, Always, but a dark evil type guy won't need a bodyguard.  :-\

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 11:11:37 am »
Well then -

Gurus Kansen from Galena.
Citizen

Offline Ultima_Squirrel

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 02:45:17 pm »
yeah ok, lets answer questions in order.

1. I will do a demonstration after these answers
2. As many people can be in a nation as they want, but try to even them out

You can also have multiple characters, so long as they don't know everything about the others (rp).

Ok, heres how a battle would commence.

Army 1.

100 warriors
100 archers
50 trebuches
20 flame casters

Army 2.

50 pikemen
150 crossbow men
70 healers
10 light blasters

Round 1.

warriors attack pikemen. 50 pikemen lost, 57 warriors lost
trebuches fire on crossbowmen, 150 crossbow men lost, 2 trebuches lost.
100 archers fire on 70 healers, 70 healers lost.
20 fire blasters fire on 10 light blasters. 10 light blasters lost, 6 fire blasters lost.

something like that. This is a very uneven battle,bascially what we don't want. but depending on your rank, you can send in reinforcments depending on what you have. you will automatically gain troops.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 02:50:01 pm by Ultima_Squirrel »

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 03:19:59 pm »
Sounds interesting, but I'm a bit concerned about the battle system.  It seems to be a numbers game, where the guy with the largest army will always win.  Where's the strategy?  What if I want my pike men on the forefront to prevent direct attacks on the archers and trebuches?  What if I want my warriors to flank the enemy?  And what about terrain, is any advantage given to ranged units who hold the high ground?  I'll decide whether or not to join after these possible issues are explained.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Ultima_Squirrel

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 03:29:41 pm »
hmm, interesting..... very well....

say where you are placed compared to the enemy.
tell your soliders where to attack from, and adjust powers to the location, (an earth master can't control lava). Your soldiers will gain attack bonuses from flanking, or cornering an enemy into a cliff. archers will hit more from a higher vantage point. rocks can be rolled off cliffs onto enemys, and they can be pushed back into an erupting volcano. many different factor will help adjust the damage you deal