Author Topic: the halo 3 trialer  (Read 11261 times)

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
Re: the halo 3 trialer
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2006, 11:29:52 pm »

that's funny as hell...and yeah I read the description and was like Pale Bruce Willis.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2006, 05:49:33 am »
A new video just went up on the market place, showcasing the Brutes, who are the new main enemy in the series.  Seems as if Elites are allied with the humans now, which should make things pretty interesting.  At the very least the rumours about playing as a Brute in the campaign weren't true, I was worried about it turning into a Sonic Adventure type game with five or six playable characters.

Quote from: Major Nelson
In the second Bungie “Vidoc” we take a long hard look at the ferocious new antagonist for Master Chief, the Brute. Now that a tentative alliance has formed between Humans and Elites, the fighting focus of Halo 3 switches to the monstrous Brutes. These tenacious foes have improved graphically with the advent of the Halo 3 engine and the power of the Xbox 360, but more importantly, their tactics, weapons, vehicles and AI have all followed suit, making the Brutes the worthiest opponents the Chief has ever faced. See how the designers, artists and programmers set about the herculean task of replacing a fan favorite – the mighty Elite – with an unforgettably ferocious adversary. See how Brutes behave in packs and as individuals with brilliant new animation and AI. Take a first look at the new Brute graphics, weapon and armor designs and finally, get the first ever public glimpse at Halo’s legendary Campaign.

It can also be downloaded at http://xboxyde.com/news_3900_en.html
for anyone wanting to see it on their PC, it's pretty funny watching Bungie themselves mock certain parts of Halo 2.  It's good to see that they at least know what they did wrong, and aren't just acting like they made the best games ever.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 07:08:05 am by WinterSnowblind »

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2007, 01:51:56 pm »
I always liked the original halo 3 teaser.

"This is the way the world ends"

Come on! That'd be very interesting to the story if the Earth was really destroyed. Of course, Bungie announced this is the final in the series, so it has to end here. This'll be fun.

I don't care what anyone says. I love the Halo Story.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2007, 08:18:58 pm »
I'll never make an argument againt the Halo story I didn't love it to bits but it sure wasn't bad. I've heard mixed reviews of the Halo 2 story some love it some were a bit WTF? I'll have to play it to give my own opinion I've given my problems with Halo 1 already. We shall see how things turn out for Halo 3 I'm expecting a natural progression that smileyman will think is so good he will wet his pants while I go "Yeah yeah I guess that did a decent job of it."

Offline Urb

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2007, 10:17:02 pm »
Im looking forward to halo 3 hugely..however i will not even touch it if splitscreen co-op is gone

It was in 1 it was in 2 if its not in 3..Me and my lady go on a warpath...
Big Bang Theory: In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded. Into something...yeah that makes sense :/

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2007, 01:03:24 am »
I'll never make an argument againt the Halo story I didn't love it to bits but it sure wasn't bad. I've heard mixed reviews of the Halo 2 story some love it some were a bit WTF? I'll have to play it to give my own opinion I've given my problems with Halo 1 already. We shall see how things turn out for Halo 3 I'm expecting a natural progression that smileyman will think is so good he will wet his pants while I go "Yeah yeah I guess that did a decent job of it."

I thought Halo 2 was great, in terms of story progression at least.  Playing as the Aribter did seem a little unncessary though.  I hope his story is coninued in Halo 3, he was a great character, but he does not need to be playable.  But the Covenant, especially the Elites seemed a lot more human in Halo 2, which could be considered a bad thing.  Some people prefered them just being the evil aliens you had to kill, while I thought it was great to see that they're not really all that bad.  Just a misguided religious faction.

But if nothing else, the game had some brilliant lines of dialogue.  "Nay!  it was heracy!"
Along with almost everything Penitent Tangent says.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2007, 12:21:39 pm »
Yeah, I did like the Covenant city scene. All those creatures the same species as the Prophets (Hierarches?) Were pretty intresting.

And Playing as the Arbiter was pretty cool too. Be on the side you fought so much. Hunters were quite nice to have on our side. Brutes just got owned. (we always either play on Heroic first time through) I loved the Arbiter level. When I was going down that first elevator, me and my friend stealthed so the elite and grunt that was with us stealthed too. Then the grunt just yells "I'M INVISIBLE" in this weasily voice that was just so funny we got killed because we were too busy laughing to see we were under attack.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?"

It just sounds like something you'd hear in ol' medieval times from a king. Loved it.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2007, 12:27:27 pm »

Browse and be purified, heathen

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2007, 12:38:00 pm »

High Charity is a pretty cool concept. They took apart their moon and made a city out of it. Pretty awesome. And our moon is just sitting up there with a flag stuck in it.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2007, 04:10:45 am »
High Charity is a pretty cool concept. They took apart their moon and made a city out of it. Pretty awesome. And our moon is just sitting up there with a flag stuck in it.

Off-topic: If by "moon" you mean Area 51, then sure! :D

On-topic: It's actually a Forerunner ship sticking out of the "mushroom" top in your picture. :)

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2007, 07:46:20 pm »
It's actually a Forerunner ship sticking out of the "mushroom" top in your picture. :)

Made out of a moon.

Anyhow. H eard soemthing interesting here. In one cutscene, the Prohet of Mercy says, "Halo! Its divine wind will rush through the stars, propelling all who are worthy along the path to salvation." The Japanese word "kamikaze," commonly used to mean a suicide attack, is literally translated as "divine wind."

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2007, 08:31:21 pm »
From what i been checking up on Halo games (Non-English) words from various Languages seem to be used alot in this game. Species names etc.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2007, 05:42:53 am »
It's actually a Forerunner ship sticking out of the "mushroom" top in your picture. :)

Made out of a moon.

No, it's a giant city, not a moon.