Author Topic: "I'm Going into The Story!" The Growingly popular BBS RPG!  (Read 54416 times)

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
"I'm Going into The Story!" The Growingly popular BBS RPG!
« on: June 25, 2005, 07:18:54 am »
(Not to be confused with the Other Fine RPGs In this section. ;))

I Created it Years ago. When the Thesims.com still had an off topic BBS.
I don't know why but i suddenly feel compeled to play it again. It was just so fun...
anyone can play.
Other games by me include:
-"9 is not a numer" (its really a large monkfish attacking switzerland, but that's another story...)
-"That's boring, this is better!"(yes these are really games i made and played)
-Continue the story (ok i didn't make up continue the stories but they are fun...lol)

The object of the game we're actually playing at the moment (i'm going into the story) is: Just play along in the role you take on telling the story from your point of view until its over or you die or something(If you do die you could always come back as like a ghost or clone or never really killed etc...) its a really fun game!

Here is an example of how the game works:
poster one: Well, it was monday again, and yet another day of school was coming. I was at the bus stop. When the bus came, i got on only to find nobody else on execpt for the bus driver and myself. "That's weird." I thought to myself "I'm like the fourth to last stop. There ussually are no seats left when i get on."

poster 2: "I'm going into the story!"

I got on the bus and saw poster one, but no other kids. "Where is everyone?" I asked.

poster one:"I don't know" I said back to her. "Maybe they're all out sick."

poster 2: "I don't think everyone could be out sick." i said.

Poster 3: "I'm going into the story!"

I silently agreed with her in my head. I had been driving this bus for 3 years, and ussually only 1 or 2, if any kids were out sick. I didn't say anything at that point though because i was just there to do my job and drive the bus. Still i couldn't help but wonder where everyone else could be.

And the story would basicly go on till the whole thing was resolved or at least the main conflict was.(you know in case any sub-plots develop or something.)

Some rules:
-Don't speak for anyone else Who is actually a poster but yourself. in other words don't do this:

Poster 4: I said no, but poster 3 said yes.

-Don't make up fake names for other people. just refer to them by their screen name or real name.

-You only have to say "I'm going into the story!" when you are first going into the story. Once you have entered the story, you don't have to say it anymore.

-If you want to enter the story you can create a new person and introduce that person or take over for a created unfilled character (like poster 3 did in the example)

-Any created roles not filled by people (like the bus driver) can be taken over at any point in the story. until then it is fair game to say what they do.

Now let's start!

I'm going into the story! (technicly i'm starting it but whatever...lol)

I was having... a day. not exactly a bad one or a good one. but it was a day nonetheless. of course it was only like 9:00 Am. what did i expect that early on a weekend. My parents got the mail and left it on the kitchen table. I saw it there when i went to get myself breakfast. I didn't really think much of it since nothing was ever addressed to me anyway. I poured my Orange Juice sat and out of a little curiosity I decided to take a quick peak at the mail. A Brightly colored envlope caught my eye. I picked it up and saw with some suprise it was addresed to me. "Hmm." i said to myself with intrest. I opened the Envlope and saw an even more brightly colored card inside. For a second i could have sworn that i heard noises coming from the card. I pulled it out. No words on eighter side. I opened the card. It was then everything went dark but right before i blacked out i heard a deep voice utter the words "Welcome to the game!"

(Ok! let's all Have fun with this one! Who knows, maybe when Its over, I'll Intoduce you guys to "9 is not a Number")
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 05:49:49 pm by sgore »

What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
I'm going into the story!

I heard a noise and headed over to where it came from. Maybe it was food. Oh no! Sgore is lying on the floor! I ran over and licked his face, that usuallt gets him up. Then I noticed a scent I did not recognize. Some one new! The work of the family dog is never done!

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
After feeling something wet on my face i then felt a weird dematerializeish feeling all over. and then i felt like i was floating. i then felt a strange rematerializish feeling. and opened my eyes. "The cealing is dark." i thought to myself. i sat up and looked around. i seemed to be in a mostly dark room with light coming off of grid like wall and floor patters. it remineded me of tron. I looked around more and saw a bunch of other people looking around with scared and confused looks on their faces. I headed over to see if anyone knew what was going on and why my face was wet.

(coming up with adjetives like dematerializeish is fun. lol.)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 08:33:37 am by sgore »
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
so as i walked over hoping someone would say something many thoughts raced through my head. Where am i? Why am i here? what are those weirdly shaped vehicles with large guns on each side doing heading towards us so fast?

That last question was the one that stuck in my head the longest. i started wondering why there was a knawing feeling in the back of my head that i should move. Then my brain finally kicked on and i realized that if i didn't move i was going to be killed.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 12:51:37 pm by sgore »

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Suddenly aware I was no longer at home, I turned to see my master. He started running so, naturally, I ran after, wagging my tail, and hoping he would notice.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
I turned around to start running and saw my dog, Oviraptor. This little shock of firmilliarity in the whole area of confusion stopped me just long enough so that i was right in position for one of the vehicals to shoot at me. What came out of the guns weren't bullets. They looked more like lasered harpoons attached to the gun by strings of light. As you can imagine this was very pretty. luckly like i said, my brain was on so i was thinking enough to dodge out of the way and keep Oviraptor from getting in the path of the laser harpoon also.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
I'm going into the story...

.. as I gazed around confused and scared as to why I was in this strange place I noticed a young man and his dog had appeared before my eyes. He also looked very scared. I started to walk to talk with him when the vehicles with the guns came towards us again. I ran for cover as fast as I could. I could see as I ran that the guns were firing at this young man and I was scared for him but he seemed quick on his feet and got out of the way just in time.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
After doging the light harpoon just barley i turned around and saw one hit a guy staring on in fear. he dissapeared in a flash of light, and a deep voice, the one i heard earlier, seemed to come from nowhere and say "Player 5 has been ejected from the game"

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
I watched in horror as one of the guys I was standing with got hit by the harpoon and disappear. I screamed as the deep voice talked out of no where. All of a sudden I felt something cold and wet on my ankle. When i looked down, there was the dog I saw running, sniffing at me. I scratched him behind the ears and looked at his tag. "It said my name is Oviraptor. If lost return me to sgore." That must be the name of the young man I saw running with the dog.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
I sat down closed my eyes and tried to collect all the scrathing I could. Then I remembered my owner, I just had to show him the new person I found, I always liked new people. I ran back to my master and wagged and panted exitedly at him. Then I turned around and ran back to the new person, continually looking back at my owner to see if he was watching.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
I'm going into the story!

With Player 5 taken care of I decided to see what this sgore individual would be like.  His records indicated that he would make an intense melee fighter.  I dialed up another 8 digit number and a Purple Vorrior showed up in front of him with a greenish blade in his hand.  Sgore as well now possessed a similar weapon.  This should be interesting, I thought to myself.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
I slinked back into the shadows with the dog named Ovirpater, whom I now call Ovi for short. We crouched against the wall and I held on to him as if he would protect me while we watched this new Purple thing show up and confront Sgore. They both had weapons and it looked like it was going to be bad.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 07:51:25 pm by LadyM »

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
After just doging the harpoon i caught my breath for a couple seconds and looked around for Oviraptor. I saw him crouched in the corner with a woman staring scaredly at me. I stareted to wonder why until i looked up and saw it. It was a man, or at least i thought it was. I could not see its face. it was dressed like a cross between a knight and a ninja glowing purple and black, and was on what looked to be a sort of mechanical horse also glowing purple and black. He was holding a long glowing green blade in his hand. as i sat in awe staring till i felt something in my hand i felt something in my hand. I looked down and saw i was holding a Long glowing blue blade.

I didn't know why but something in the back of my head made me feel like i had done something like this or been somewhere like this before, in a similiar situation. but i quickly shook the thought from my head as more pressing matters were at hand.

I jumped up and stood facing the almost virtual looking warrior. I had a feeling i was going to be needing the blade. It came at me and the battle started.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 07:02:12 pm by sgore »

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
At seeing my master be attacked, I immediately tried to attack the attacker, but the woman I found was holding on too tight. I barked at it, if I couldn't attack it I would scare it away.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
The Warrior swung first. I blocked. I felt the shock hard. I knew that if it got even one direct blow in i might dissapear just like the other guy had earlier. When i had the chance i took a swing and got blocked directly. Somehow this fighting seemed firmilliar to me and yet i couldn't quite place it. there No time to follow the thought though. I blocked his blows. He blocked mine. The battle went on. I suddnly heard barking and turned to see my dog. being held by the woman, it was barking madly at the warrior. It was a bad idea for me to turn away even for a second. The green blade of the warrior came right at me. I doged it and it missed me by the thickness of a hair. I knew i could not take any focus from the battle. It went on. Me and him both swinging with greater and greater force. It seemed we were an almost even match, but i was starting to get tired. i couldn't keep up for much longer. I tried looking for a weakness. My eyes turned to the horse looking thing the warrior was on. I tryed swinging at it. The warrior didn't expect that and i made contact. The horse like thing hit the ground hard and dissipeared in a flash of light. The warrior fell but got back up quickly and continued fighting me. I found it much easier to fight after the horse like thing was gone. Still hard though. I swung and so did he. only thing is, i swung harder. much harder. harder then i ever could have imagined. harder then i ever could have believed. The warrior wobbled. It shook. It shuddered and finally it fell. It then dissapeared like the horse. I stood looking at the where the warrior was for a short. time. I was snapped out of my trance by some of the other people there stairing and talking to one another looking at me. I turned over to where my dog was, dropped the blade and walked over.