Author Topic: "I'm Going into The Story!" The Growingly popular BBS RPG!  (Read 60196 times)

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
We kept walking along, looking but careful not to touch anything. Who knows what kind of traps may be set up.

As we were walking I noticed there was something off about the sky but I wasn't exactly sure what it was. Since i was looking at that and not the ground i didn't notice the small wire in my path till i tripped over it. I fell into a net placed on the ground and the net swung up fast leaving me trapped inside hanging from the trees.
"Ok. That was unexpected." I thought to myself. "And also a little unorignal. I mean how many times have i seen this happen on tv. and..." I decided now was not the best time to insult the traps layed out.
"Anyone want to cut me down?" i shouted down.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
"Bark, bark!" I did not understand what had just happened. We were just walking along, and thenmy master was swallowed up in this thing above the ground. I barked some more and looked at the woman to help free my master, I would have helped, but I couldn't jump that high.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Sgore wasn't paying attention and next thing I knew he was snapped into the air in some kind of net trap. I stood there stunned at first and then I started laughing.  First in giggles then an all out belly laugh. I had to sit down I was laughing so hard. Sgore did not look amused and the creature stared at me like I was crazy as did the dog. "Ok Ok" I said, "I'll cut you down now." So I climbed the tree with some difficulty and cut the rope which of course dropped Sgore like a brick on the ground.  "Are you ok?" I asked. Then I told him he needed to let Creature man go first so he will be the one to get the next trap. Sgore had a few bruises and scratches and had some of the wind knocked out of him but overall he seemed ok.

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
    • View Profile
So I was cut down uncomfetably and we kept walking. The Creature in front. Me making sure that i was even more careful in looking for traps. Though i couldn't get the sky off my mind. At first glance it looked fine, It was bright and sunny and actually a nice contrast to the gloomyness of the forest but there was somthing off about it i just couldn't place my finger on. I wasn't exactly sure what though. I kept on walking. The Creature seemed very silent, wasn't there any way to communicate with it. If it wasn't speaking then what other ways could there be to communicate. For all i knew he could be ready to attack us. "If only there was some way for him to tell us what he's thinking." i thought.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
Ha! So this Sgore is not immune to the traps of the land.  I wheeled toward the monitor displaying his progress, forgetting about the charter accountant who was being pursued by a pack of Forgelings on monitor 43GH-9/I.  This was much more interesting.  Pity the girl had been there to let him down but obviously competition wasn't going to work on them. Very well, curious about the abberation's presence I dialed back in his speech but forced him to remain in the Filch's shape.  Let's see what his game is...

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
The police were currently trying to investigate my memory, something I did not like one bit, so I shut them out and gave them what I like to call "supervised access," basically meaning they can look at plenty of random files but nothing else. I don't want them finding my personality loops.

...As I walked down the path leading the other 3, I muttered to myself, "this makes no sense, why can't I talk? And why am I trapped in this strange world with two random people and a dog? I just don't get it. One minute I'm sorting..." and then I realized that I was talking, which was something I couldn't do before. "Wait, I'm talking! I'm TALKING! Hahaha!" I must have caught the other two off guard, so I explained to them, "for some reason I couldn't talk before, and I was a goblin, now I can talk!" As I looked down though, I noticed that I was still a goblin. "Well, this is strange, I'm still a goblin." Yes, I was definitely still a goblin. A goblin. Still. ARGH.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Suddenly the creature leading us all turned atround and started talking. That excited me, who knows what he said, but he sounded happy. I started wagging my tail and wondered what had happened to cause all the excitement. I looked at everyone and waited to see what happened.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
As we were walking along I was still looking at those ever growing mushrooms and listening to Sgore talk about his life prior to the game when suddenly the creature started talking. He got all animated and excited and laughing that he could now talk. He seemed surprised that he was in creature form. I guess it was a good thing we didnt lop his head off earlier. He would come in handy now as I had many questions. The first question I asked was if he had a name. Then I asked the other usual questions, where were we? What was this game we were in and how do we get home? And what the heck was with these giant mushrooms?

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
    • View Profile
So as we were walking and the troll was talking i was a little relieved. Now that we knew it wasn't really leading us to another trap, i was able to relax a little. Though i was still keeping a watchful eye out. I was relaxed enough to joke around though. I actually remarked to LadyM "Now all we need is for Oviraptor to start talking!" I had a good laugh over that...

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
The police weren't getting anywhere, so they decided to leave. I was just so sad to see them go, though. Hah, I'm pretty good at sarcasm...

...The woman started asking me a bunch of questions so I answered them as best as I could. "My name is syphonbyte," I said. "No, I don't know where exactly we are, or what we're in. My guess, though, is that to get home we're going to have to beat the game." Then she asked me about the mushrooms and, strangely, I had no recollection of ever learning about those kinds. "I don't know what kind of mushroom they are..." Then, it hit me. They looked almost exactly like the mushrooms from the original Mario Bros! "I have a feeling that those might come in handly, actually," I said. I went over and picked one, and carefully ate it. Almost instantly I grew to twice my size and felt invincible! (At least from one good blow.) Yes, these mushrooms were definitely handy. I told the others to stay away from the purple ones, though.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
They've found the truth behind the mushrooms.  Precious little it will help them now.  They're approaching the SpineCrack gorge.  Thinking with malicious glee surging through my brain I began dialing up a 27 digit code to release the Feaster on them as soon as they made it to the gorge.  If they can get past him, they deserve what awaits them on level 3.  Oh, I thought, what would I do without me.  Now, let's see what Gina Hamilton from Piscagula Mississippi is up to.  Ah yes, scorpions, it would seem.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
I was thrilled to find out what the mushrooms were for. I picked as many of the red ones as I could and a few gold ones but stayed away from the purple ones like Syphonbyte said. Syphonbyte was coming in quite handy with his knowledge although he didn't have all the answers. At least it was someone else to talk to. Sgore still seemed a little ill at me since I laughed at him. Just the thought of him hanging in the tree still gave me the giggles. He thought it would be cool if Ovi could too and I agreed with him. I guess anything was possible here. As we continued to walk, I could have sworn I started to hear a loud noise that sounded like rushing water. 

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
    • View Profile
"Hello to all players!" said a cheery female voice that came over the P.A. without warning. I was a little startled. "Here's an update! Players 8, 9, 13, 18-23, and 25-28 and 30 have been ejected from the game since entering level 2. 0 Players are now on level 3. The closest player to getting out of this forest now is player 29 Aka Syphonbyte. and farthest from the edge of the forest is player 16 Aka Frank Millers. Congradulations to all players who've made it this far. Good luck!"

It sounded a little like one of those announcements you hear at laser tag places saying what team won. "Kind of annoying actually." I thought to myself.

I then realized what the voice said. Syphonbyte was the closest to the edge of the forest. He was right in front of us. That means that the 4 of us (Me, LadyM, Oviraptor, and syphonbyte) were in the lead. I was pretty happy about that. Though i did kind of feel bad for Frank, whoever he was.

As we kept walking i still couldn't help thinking about the sky (The fact that the mushrooms had made Syphonbyte grow twice his size was sort of on my mind too...) I Still couldn't get it out of my head. There was just something about it. It was like it was just off somehow. I wasn't exactly sure though. Another weird thing was i started to hear loud rushing water. We kept walking, i didn't say anything about that stuff though...

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
As we walked along, there was this roaring noise off in the distance, but the further we went, the louder it got. Somewhere along the way some person was talking, but no, matter where I looked I could find it's source. Oh well, at least we got to eat some food, what ever it was. Because of it, I now had to tinkle. I ran ahead a little and went on one of these odd shaped trees, so that by the time everyone else got caught up, I was finished. I then ran back to my master and licked his hand, to make sure he he still knew I was there. *Wag, wag, wag*

Offline sgore

• Marble Madness Maniac
    • View Profile
I looked down at Oviraptor happly. "This whole thing must be hard on him" I thought to myself...I hope he's ok through it all."
I stopped for a second to scrach him behind the ear. I know how much he likes that. Then we kept on walking.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 05:45:30 pm by sgore »