Author Topic: "I'm Going into The Story!" The Growingly popular BBS RPG!  (Read 54848 times)

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
My circuitry seemed to be functioning at optimal efficiency, so I sat back (figuratively, I can't actually sit) and watched my avatar in his new surroundings.

...I was still uncomfortable in my surroundings, but I soon began mentally mapping the area in my head to better suit my exploration. As I turned a corner I identified two humans, a dog and a large number of what looked to be goblins surrounding them. I didn't recall goblins existing in the real world, so I reasoned that I was probably interacting with a virtual environment, one that was very dangerous...

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
Excellent.  The Filches were now surrounding the more interesting of the players and soon their knives would begin to sing their sweet, sweet song.  I was troubled with the appearance of a third individual who wasn't part of the culled players and shouldn't have been present.  I looked from screen to screen and began to a notice strange discrepancies coming from a program labelled Syphonbyte.  My fingers danced on the rotary, dialing up more information but the system was strangely locked up and I found myself stymied.  No matter.  Anomalies can only help the program learn.  I may not have been able to affect his programming directly but I quickly dialed up a short command and took away his ability to speak and pasted an image of a Filch over his original form.  "This should prove interesting," I thought to myself as I let my fingers rest under my chin and I watched.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
As I was listening to sgore, there was a noise behind me and sgore had started to shout. I spun around and there was one of the ugliest little creatures I've ever seen. He had a club in one hand and a knife in the other. I slowly backed up next to sgore and his dog. We were standing back to back looking around as these ugly creatures were now all around us. I suddenly felt something materialize in my hand. I brought it up so I could see it and it was the most beautiful sword I've ever seen. Much like the kind a samauri would use. It had a glorious pantina and a most defined temper line with a razor sharp blade. It looked like it should have been heavy but it was very lightweight. Without much thought I raised the blade up and brought it down on top of the ugly creature and split it in half as easy as butter. Each side fell away and he had a stunned look on his face as did I. :o  I had never used a sword before but if felt so natural like I've always known what to do.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
There are times when one should attack, and this wasn't one of them. I put my tail between my legs and laid as flat as I could on the ground next to a tree. From there I could see my master and the woman, but I wouldn't be in the middle of the coming battle. There was nothing I could do exept watch.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
As a sword appeared in the woman's hand, I leapt from my seat.  looking at the male, I saw that he two was wielding some type of halberd.  I had no ordered that.  They were meant to flee, not fight.  Something was going wrong.  I took my anger out by dialing up a force which pushed Syphonbyte into the middle of the two of them.  Yes, I thought, that will do for now.  Fight away.

Online sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
They were starting to some at us fast. very soon After they were hit they also seemed to dissapear in flashes of light like all the other things that were here. I kept fighting them off along side LadyM. Coming from all directions we fought hard. It seemed that we had gotten most of them. The rest seemed a little weary to attack us. I turned around and saw one standing right there. I was about to Attack but when i moved up to swing, I felt like some invisible force was keeping me from delivering the blow. I looked at the thing. Straght it the eye. It was like it was trying to tell me something. "Why can't i move?" I thought to myself.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 05:47:50 pm by sgore »
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
"Don't hurt it" I yelled to Sgore, "this one seems different. Look in his eyes, it's not the same as the others."  I walked around the one that was left gazing into his eyes. They seemed very distant and scared. Where was the dog? Maybe he could sniff out this one and see if there was anything different about it. I kept the sword raised just in case I was wrong.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
I was concerned as to why my avatar's capabilities had been limited, but I decided that this would be a good exercise for my A.I. coprocessors and let it be for now. I doubt that lemurbouy's programs have the capability to affect my hardware, let alone the users of the system. Haha, this new understatement routine in my personality loop is very nice. I should optimize my programming more often.

...For some reason I found myself unable to talk. This was very strange indeed. I thought that perhaps in this virtual universe you can't talk. But that didn't make sense, that female over there talked to the canine. This all seemed out of place, but there was little I could do about it. These people were looking at me strangely, and I couldn't imagine why. I reasoned that they were likely wary of new encounters and had probably been in this environment for a long time. They seemed to be handling themselves well in that battle, but then for some reason I was pushed into the middle of them. This made no sense, there was nothing to have exerted a force upon me in the area, but I was more occupied with what these two were going to do to me. They didn't look like they were going to fight me, but I couldn't ignore the weapons they wielded so well. I decided that patience would serve me best.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
I hurled a servitron at one of the monitors destroying the both of them but giving little vent to my anger.  That had gone by much too quickly and they weren't attacking the rogue program.  Very well, I thought, let them play together if that's what they want.  I turned my attention to the other players, dialing up traps and nasties.  Most didn't fair as well but I figured the forest had more traps in store for these three.  Oh yes, and that vermin that travelled with them for some reason.  Too many irregularities.  I was getting upset.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Sensing the battle was over, I barked excitedly and ran back to greet my owner. I eyed the newcomer and decided it was a friend. I walked up it it and sniffed it just to make sure. Then I ran over to the woman, who I forgot to greet. I then sat down next to the woman and waited for something to happen.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
I detected a monitor outage in one of the rooms at about the same time that a servitron stopped responding. Those things were always breaking equipment. I made a note to inform the system operator to give better AI programming to them. Meanwhile I activated anti-fire measures to make sure nothing would happen that we didn't want. Little did I know that monitor 3318 had been taken from its room a few months ago and had a new residence. Also little did I know that room 331 had been converted into a bathroom. The police eventually determined that Mr. James Archibald Harrison had died of a combination of suffocation and CO2 poisoning, and that a computer flaw was to blame. Naturally I was taken aback that a computer flaw could be to blame. Computers always do what they are told to do, it is users that are flawed...

...I was still confused about what was going on. These 2... 3, counting the dog, seemed to be friendly, but they were eying me strangely. I had no idea, I was just as human as they were. Or so I thought, until I noticed one of my hands looked... very different. As I looked myself over I realized that I looked like those other creatures for some reason. Just a few minutes ago I had even seen my reflection in a pool, I was sure I was human! This virtual world was getting very strange now.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Feeling relief when Ovi came back over and sniffed at the lone creature and wagged his tail. This thing was not bad after all but I'm not sure why he was here with the rest of them but maybe he'll come in handy later. We might need his help. Ovi sat next to me and again hugged his neck and scratched his head. He's such a good dog. Things in the forest seemed quiet again but now which way do we go and what else is waiting for us? I was just glad that I wasn't alone anymore. I looked over at Sgore to see if he had any ideas.

Online sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
"Let's go left." i said
We were surrounded by forest all around so it really didn't matter what direction i chose. But we walked carfully hoping to avoid any more traps that were set up.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
I was currently under questioning by the authorities about the unfortunate incident earlier, so I didn't have time to watch my avatar as I wanted to put full power into dealing with these people. I told them that the monitor had stopped responding, and that it was standard operating procedure to engage fire countermeasures. I reasoned that somebody had probably moved the monitor, which was the reason that I had engaged fire countermeasures in a seemingly random location. The police seemed happy with my explanation.

...The male began to move off to the left, so I decided I would follow him and keep an eye out for any trouble. Of course, there was bound to be trouble, but it's better to be prepared.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Sgore decided we should go left so off we headed down the path. We had the creature walk in front in case of any surprises. I walked next to Sgore and Ovi the dog trotted beside me. He was a nice looking dog, looked kind of like a yellow lab and very smart. No one was saying much, just listening to the sounds of the forest. The further we walked, I noticed that the forest was filling with mushrooms and the deeper we got into the forsest the bigger the mushrooms were getting. I wondered if they were edible as I was getting hungry and I was always told not to eat wild mushrooms. Funny I could remember that but not where I came from.