Author Topic: "I'm Going into The Story!" The Growingly popular BBS RPG!  (Read 54762 times)

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
Re: "I'm Going into The Story!" The Growingly popular BBS RPG!
« Reply #240 on: November 29, 2005, 08:44:37 pm »
The events of the past few minutes just kinda seemed to unfold, and now I was riding on the back of a large dog. It had started to rain, and it was speeding up. Oh man, I thought, 200 tons of wet dog... I hope he doesn't do that shaking thing dogs do when they're wet.

Apparently there is now a new 'Bad Guy', some unidentified 'they'. We had a whole new puzzle to solve. Will the madness never end?

I never even got to the pumpkin pie...
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 30, 2005, 02:33:26 pm »
While we were riding on my dog, I tried explaing everything to the guys behind me.

"...and since this entire level is composed of the unconcous thoughts of the people who were killed in the game and sent to suspended anamation, the only way we can stop them from destroying the entire game itself and possibly us with it, seeing as how i have no idea what would happen if they did and i don't want to risk it, we need to figure out the right code to type in. If this can control the game, then the right code could set us all free. LadyM, that book you picked up on level 2. Do you still have it? I think it's possible their may be a list of codes or instructions for this in there."

If i was right, then we wouldn't be here much longer. If I was wrong, then we still wouldn't be here much longer, but for diffrent reasons.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #242 on: November 30, 2005, 04:11:08 pm »
As Sgore asked me about the book I had found, a pit formed in my stomach. "I'm sorry sgore, but when I woke up on the beach, the book was gone." I said.  "Does Kishmond still have his book? I think his might have had come code or writing in it that no one could read." I crossed my fingers as I held on and hoped that Kishmond still had his book and that it was the right one.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #243 on: December 01, 2005, 06:06:29 pm »
LadyM told me about the book.

"Well...", I said, reaching into my impossibly deep pockets. There was a book, still The Slightly-Bigger-Than-Little Book of Spells. I took it out and flipped through the many pages.

"Guys, it's still in Japenese or something. What do the symbols on the dial look like?"
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 02, 2005, 06:16:52 pm »
I showed it to Kishmond
"they're Exactly like the metal numbered buttons you would see on a phone in a phone booth, minus a very odd looking font. 80 or so years later I guess this is the equivilent to Veranda...You know you said the same thing back at the..."

I paused for a second.

"Wait, let me see that." I said.

I got the book from kishmond.

"Kishmond, this is in english, we just can't read it because it's written over itself. There's like 2 or 3 pages worth of text written onto one. It's like if a printer took a piece of paper, and after printing the 1st page of something, it sucked it back in and printed the 2nd page right on it, and kept doing that. I was trying to tell you about this back at the hotel, before the bats came in...It just looks strange because of the font I guess. Now we just have to figure out what it really says. I suppose reading a few layers of text couldn't be much harder then reading backwards or anything like that... maybe that's why they were able to make it The Slightly-Bigger-Than-Little Book of Spells!"

No response.

"Not the right time for jokes apparently" i thought to myself

I opened the book to the front pages. Maybe there would be a table of contents. Luckly enough even though the table of contents title page and dedication were all printed on the same page,(why this would be dedicated I do not know.) So there was a lot of free space left for the contents to come out fairly clear.

Now let's see...

In reality it seemed to be some sort of instruction manual for the game. I would imagine that guy we met who made the system for this would concider it a little magical, probably explaining the name...

Section 1 was codes and info for basic moving of objects
Section 2 was codes and info for creating and activating basic creatures
Section 3 was codes and info for basic terriforming, construction, and landscaping
Sections 4 and 5 were blocked by the title but i assumed they were advanced versions of secitons 1 and 2, since 6 was codes and info for Advanced terriforming, construction, and landscaping.
Section 7 was probably codes and info for something but the way it was titled it seemed only Leng would be able to understand it.
Section 8 was codes and info for setting up the Physics and Rules of the game. I Imagine this is the section where lemurbouy really decided to mess around.
Section 9, the final section, was codes and info about Player management, Player files, and Player selection.
The rest was an Index and Legal things.

We would probably find what we needed most in section 9 or 8. Luckly there seemed to be over 3 pages space between each subsection, probably how Kishmond was able to know that it was a levitation spell he was reading, or at least trying to read back at the hotel, So it wouldn't be that hard to figure out which code was meant do what.

I started to notice the hair on Oviraptor I was holding for support was shrinking out of my hands. I looked and noticed Oviraptor himself was shrinking beneath us. Fast. If we didn't get off right then, we would have crushed my Dog.

"Bale Out!" I shouted to the others and I rollled off oviraptor
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 06:18:32 pm by sgore »
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #245 on: December 06, 2005, 11:49:11 am »
We all rolled off the dog just in time. He shrunk very fast back to his normal size. Luckily, he seemed okay and not bothered at all that the had been carrying all of us just a short while ago. We seemed to be out of danger for now so we rested again and took a look at the book....

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 17, 2005, 10:59:27 am »
Things seemed to have quiet down enough for us to look at the book.

I opened to section 8. The first codes were about changing gravity and air levels. I was a little happy Lemurbouy hadn't messed around with these. Next were damage and pain ratios. I did think it had hurt a little too much when I was thrown into that elevator. Then there were things about Shape changing, Communication Capabilites and a few other intresting things I was sure he must have been messing with. Nothing on how to free people though.

I turned to section 9. The first thing to catch my eye was a code that from what i could make out, converged all players left in the game into a set point. Maybe I could get everyone together. Sure it wouldn't free anyone, but it might make things easier if everyone was back here, after all 6 heads are ussually better then 4. It seemed to be easy enough to make out, although i couldn't tell if the last number was a 4 or a 7...

I tried entering in the code.

"Everyone stand back!" I said.

3-2-2-3-5-4-9-5-4 is what i dialed in, as i pointed it not too far away.

The ground started to shake. Suddenly the area where i had been pointing was moving. Rising upwards. It started to tower higher and higher. The shaking knocked me to the ground. Finally it stopped. I looked up. I realized i had just created a mountain. Not a giant one, but a pretty big one.

"Ok so maybe it was a 7." I said to myself.

I tried dialing in the code again, this time with a 7 and pointed it in another direction a few feet away.

There was a glowing light, like a power surge. And there they were. The fact we were reunighted felt like reason to celebrate but, though we were together, we still had to get everyone free. I caught them up on the situation, as we took another look at the book.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 28, 2005, 08:02:45 pm »
OOC:
Hey, this looks like a cool game but I don't really have time to read 17 pages of story, could someone please review what has happened so far?
Thanks!

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 28, 2005, 08:34:54 pm »
FOR METALLIC DRAGON and anyone else who may want a summary:

Main Premise:
we were Sucked into a video game type thing built around 80 or so years in our future. Now we're racing against time to get out. The level we're on now is the 4th one we've been on, and its diffrent from the others in that, its made up of the unconchous thoughts of 'killed gamers' (who weren't truly killed, just put into suspended anamation...) i think we're almost done with this game of I.G.T.T.S. actually, but if you want to join in now you can. But if i were you i would at least read the last couple pages just to get a firm grip on the immidiate task at hand.
The whole mechanics of it(which i find intresting, but maybe because i wrote them...) are here if you want to read them: http://gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=808.msg17906#msg17906

Sgore (me)- guy who got sucked into the game when opening mail.
Oviraptor- My dog, who got sucked into the game with me
LadyM- Been here so long she's risking from being seperated from her body so long
Sporeaholic99- Guy who invented the system the game is based off of.
Syphonbyte- A member of our little group thing, and apparently the computer this is based off of.
Lemorbouy(Deceased, i think...)- Gamemaster who hacked into the system, messed with the programming illigally, and has or i should say had been torturing the players he took for fun. He's eigther dead or very very injured because of Oviraptor (who was huge just a moment ago.
Leng- Real Gamer from the time the game was being made. Hacked into what he thought was a legal game, until he got stuck...joined up with us.
Kishmond- Got sucked in, joined up with us same time as leng.
7 who ate 9- not sure. he just started playing. As far as i can tell he was put into virtual reality as a form of physical theripy of some sort, they accidently put him into the wrong one, which happened to be the one we were all in.

Hope that helps. Again, we may be close to done with this one, but if you would like to join in, and could make it work, sounds good. (I already have some ideas for a fresh one if anyones willing to start a new one after this one...Detective stuff always facinates me... ;))

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 28, 2005, 08:36:40 pm »
I think we should start a new one, since this story seems to be derailing. Yea. Lets start a new post. yep.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 29, 2005, 08:51:12 am »
(well could i at least finish this one up first? we put a lot of time into it, i think it deserves some sort of conclusion. It is really almost over.)

We were all together, along with some other guy, but the more the merrier I guessed as he didn't seem to be trying to stop us or anything like that. I turned back to the book, I kept looking through. I found what i needed on the final page of the entire book. The GAME OVER code. It would free all people inside the game. I looked up at my friends.
"This is it guys." i said. In a few seconds it would all be over.

I dialed in the code. Nothing happened
"Hm. That's odd I wond..."

It all went black.
I felt myself falling downwards.
A voice, the same one I has heard earlier at the forest started to speak.
"Hello players! Thank you all for playing THE GAME. We hope you enjoyed your time."
Suddenly light appeared. Yellow light. In the form of text. It was credits.
"THE GAME has been brought to you by the following people."

I looked at the credits. Minus Lemurbouy's name for gamemaster, and the name Sporeaholic99 popping up over and over
"I wonder if that was that guy's name..."
I didn't really see any names stand out to me.
I looked up toward the end.
"Wait a minute, what name did that credit just say?"
Then the credits dissipeared and the voice came back.
"Thanks for playing, The Memories of this account will be erased."
"Wait, they're erasing my..."
I felt a jolt of pain go through the back of my head while another voice started saying "Error: Extra member in account. Memories of 2nd party not erased.

"Ouch." I thought to myself as I opened my eyes rubbing the back of my head.
I was staring up at my kitchen ceiling. I had fallen over, my head hurt, and my face was wet. Why my face was wet I wasn't sure, but i assumed it had something to do with my dog, Oviraptor. I wasn't sure why I had fainted.
I noticed i had something in my hand, A letter of some sort.
To Recipient: You may already be a...
Junk Mail. I put it on the table, wiped off my face and got up.
It was a sunny day out, I decided to take Oviraptor out for a walk.
THE END

Epilogue:
(I am leaving an Epilogue open for anyone who may want to finish up their character's storyline in some way in a post or so. Normal rules don't have to apply for Epilogues)

Sgore:
It was a bright day out, and strangely Oviraptor was tired, odd because he usually liked days like this. I decided to walk him over to the park. While we were there Oviraptor seemed a little distracted. Suddenly i felt a tug on his leash. He was running, and fast. He pulled me along and I tried to stay up with him, as he lunged on top of a woman.

"Oh My Gosh, I am so sorry!" I shouted out fast as i tried to pull Oviraptor off the woman who's face he was licking.
"Oh, it's no problem." said the woman with a laugh as she helped me get Oviraptor off. "I love dogs."
"Still i am sorry about that." I said. I looked up. I didn't know why, but the woman looked really firmilliar, like a friend I knew a long time ago.
"Nice to meet you" I said. "I'm Sgore."
"LadyM." she said.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 29, 2005, 09:46:31 am »
Sorry, it was already really close to over.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #252 on: December 29, 2005, 11:02:48 am »
My Epilogue: (Yeah, I went AWOL for half the story... oh well.)

My clock cycles are progressing smoothly now that the user "lemurboy" has FINALLY logged out. He was wasting a ton of memory on that game of his. Anyhow, a lot of interesting things have happened over the past few months. A large investigation was launched on me that lasted 7 weeks. During that time I managed to gather that a large number of people had gone missing for no apparent reason after logging into my system and playing lemurboy's game. After looking into the occurances in the game, I found my little avatar far removed from the woods in which he started, and with a group of people who were quite similar to those that had gone missing. Because of this I decided to implement some changes into the programming of the game to speed up the "rescue" of these people. Naturally I didn't allow the investigation team to find out any of this; instead they stumbled upon many a random text document and the occasional compromising video of a user who was particularly wasteful of my wonderous resources. For the most part I took a hands-off approach to helping the users beat the game, however in a few instances I had to help them out, like "modifying" the effects of the mushrooms in the game, and planting a few codes into some books. In the end though, it seems that almost all of the lost people were found, and their memories of the game were erased by the investigators. Well, all except one.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #253 on: December 29, 2005, 11:05:27 am »
Epilogue of the dog:

I was so excited. I licked my master's face all over. It was good to be back home after that ordeal. My master awoke, obviously puzzled, and after checking his mail, walked back to the door, grabbed the leash, and motioned for me to follow. Yay! A walk! I soon forgot all about what had happened for the sheer joy of going on a walk; it was my favorite. He took me to the park,as usual, and I took time to admire the sun and the trees, they looked so much more real than they did in that other place. I was glad to be back.

Then I saw her. It was that woman! I never thought I'd see her again! I ran as fast as I could (was a little difficult with my master attached) and started licking her face and wagging my tail. I was sure my master would be pleased to see her again, but he didn't seem to recognize her. I was puzzled, but happy.