Author Topic: "I'm Going into The Story!" The Growingly popular BBS RPG!  (Read 54829 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Still holding on to the dog for fear that he would attack the mystery warrior and get himself killed, I watched the horrible battle. It didn't look good for Spore and when he looked over at us once I almost thought he was a goner. But then quickley things changed and he defeated the warrior. He started walking over to us so i stood up and let go of his dog.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
(i think you mean sgore)
I Walked over to the woman.
"Thanks for holding onto my dog" I said to her as she got up.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
"no problem" I answered.. "your name must be Sgore, I saw it on the tag on the dogs collar." "How did you get here" I asked. I myself had been here way too long and had not yet found a way to get back home.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
"I'm not exactly sure" i responded."I remember opening a weird looking card addressed to me and then it all just went dark. When i woke up I was here and apparently so was my dog." I thought about it a little more. "I remember hearing a voice right before i blacked out welcoming me to "The game". You have any idea what that was about?" i asked.

Suddnly i heard a noise and this time a female voice came saying "Welcome to level two" And The woman, the other people and the setting seemed to dissapear around me as a dark forest like scene appered. Other faces less confused then the other people i saw were near-by, but it seemed mostly that they were still fairly curious about what exactly was going on. I looked down and saw my dog was with me. Who ever's idea of a game this was, had a intresting mind. I looked around to see if the woman was anywhere, and then realized she must still be in level one.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
After welcoming the players to level two I smiled from my observation platform, watching the grand experiment continue.  "The last one out of the forest will be expelled from the game.  Do your best and watch out for any...unpleasantness."  I began to dial up the many traps and sat back watching the different players from the different screens.  The dog was unexpected but its potential peaked my interest.  This Sgore will be an interesting challenge.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
I didn't know why my dog had transfered to level two with me. Then again i didn't know how we both got here together in the first place. But i was fairly sure that the woman would have to beat level one if i was ever to see her again. "Unless perhaps there's more then one level two." i thought to myself since the challange here had already started. "she could beat level one and end up going to an entirly diffrent place then this."

I decided standing there and thinking about this whole thing for long was a bad idea. I started Looking around and saw that most people had already made it out of this area and were walking through the forest. I decided to start walking too. Maybe someone could help me. couldn't hurt to ask...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 06:49:12 pm by sgore »

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
As I was talking to the young man named Sgore, we heard a voice and things started shifting around me. I looked around and I was in a forest by myself. I must have been transferred to the next level along with Sgore but I couldn't see him or his dog. I wondered if he made it here or was he in another part of the forest. How I wished we had ended up in the same place so I wouldn't be alone here. There was a path in front of me but which way to go? Either way looked dark and scary. I took a deep breath turned to the right and started to walk.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
After a while of walking i started to wonder if i was getting anywhere. I was almost sure that i had seen the same tree 5 times, and yet i had been walking straght the whole time. I kept walking trying to shake any fear of being last out that came into my head. I kept walking.

A little while later i heard a strange noise. Almost mechanical but very quiet. Easy to miss if not listening carfully. I looked around for the noise's source. I noticed it was coming from below me. I saw the small circle of ground i was standing on spinning itself around and Then i realized what had been happening. I had been walking back and forth the whole time in the same place.

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
I'm going into the story!

My storage unit was operating at a higher capacity than ever before. I was confused as to why so many parts of lemurbouy's files needed to be called up at once, but I served them nonetheless, as that was my programming. My intelligence chip told me that something was probably wrong here, especially since there were so many new users interacting with the system, but I wasn't ready to take any action that might jeopardize my partnership with the company. I decided to continue processing as usual, but keep a close eye on lemurbouy's account for the time being.

Luckily, the processing involved with whatever lemurbouy was doing was rather simple floating-point operations, and I didn't have to utilize my A.I. coprocessors and creativity algorithms (a few of which I had written myself), so I had plenty of power to spare. I decided to investigate what was going on in lemurboy's programs. After all, my ethics chip decided (after a lengthy 10 picosecond reasoning exchange) that there's nothing wrong with investigating the contents of my own system. I created a new object within his environment and assigned some of my resources to the exclusive operation of the object. I decided to make the object unaware of my system for more efficient A.I. processing.

...I stumbled into what looked like a large forest, but I had no knowledge of one that looked like this. Everything seemed a bit unreal, almost like a virtual labyrinth. I decided that staying in once place would prove useless so I moved out into the woods, scanning the area for recognizable entities. It was strange that no animals were in this area, and I reasoned that some danger might have scared them from the area.

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
Dialing faster and faster to give the players a challenge, I was completely unaware of Syphonbyte's intrusion.  I became fascinated with this sgore and wanted to find some way to flummox him or at least test him to his maximum capacity.  After brief contemplation, I decided it might be more fun for him to have that female player at his side so I dialed in an 8 digit number and linked her path with his.  Then after a pause, I dialed up the Filches and sent them to Sgore's coordinates.  Let's see how he handles the goblins, I thought.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
As I walked down the path I started wondering how I gotten into this mess. I couldn't remember anything before finding myself inside this strange game. It seemed that I had been here so long and finally I was moving somewhere. Where had I come from? Where was home? It was so fuzzy now and I wasn't sure.  The forest was deathly quiet. Not a sound came from any animals and there was no wind and breezes. I stayed on the path which had been going fairly straight when up ahead by a huge tree, the path suddenly turned at an angle and took me in another direction.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 03:56:50 pm by LadyM »

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
After realizing what was going on a kept a sharp listen to everything and looked down often. My dog was fairly quiet through out the whole trek while I made sure that i was going straght in one direction. After a while of walking i heard something. some noise coming from right near me. I walked towards it, trying to see what it was. To my shock it was that woman from earlier!
"Hello!" i shouted to her. I thought for a second. "She's not expecting me. i hope i didn't startle her."

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
Hey!, I thought, I found the women again! I ran excitedly up to her, wagging my tail. See, master? I found the new person again! I liked her greeting hands.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
I heard someone yell Hello and it snapped me out of my thoughts.  I really should be paying more attention in this strange place. There was Sgore and his dog Ovi. I couldn't have been happier to see them. The dog ran up to me with his tail wagging and I hugged his neck and scratched his head. "Boy am I glad to see you" I said to the dog. "Oh, and you too Sgore, by the way, I'm known as LadyM here".  I was really glad I didn't have to be alone anymore.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
"I'm glad to see you too" i said to LadyM. "and my dog really seems to like you."
I was relieved to see another friendly face in the forest. most of the other people i had tried talking to before i got lost seemed very obbsessed with winning this game. I actually went as far as asking one if he could tell me where we were and he looked at me with tired and almost fierce eyes and responded "You would like that wouldn't you" then he just ran off. I was a little weary to talk to anyone after that. But seeing a friendly face was a welcome thing.
"I was lost for a while back there" I said to her. "Do you have any idea how to get out of the forest?" i asked.
Suddenly i heard another noise coming from behind LadyM. A short yet feroucious looking thing seemed to dart out from behind her holding large club.
"Look ou.." i started to say
Just then i heard noises all around and saw.
we were surrounded.