4 (16%)
Mating
7 (28%)
Language
4 (16%)
citys
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Tempont-My spore creature  (Read 17559 times)

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
  • Level 40: I got TENTACLES!
    • View Profile
Tempont-My spore creature
« on: January 06, 2007, 09:32:41 pm »
My new creature. It is in the same solar system as my sister's Naukal and Nyctos.

Tempori basics:The Tempori are an aquatic Sapient species.Tempori are known for their sharp, knife-like teeth and solar sails. The sharp teeth are used for mateing battles, That is why females dont't have them. The tempori have strong tails for swimming and wheebed hands for steering and walking on land.The sail on their back is used to collect enegy from the sun and moisture from the air so they can heat up and survive longer on land.The blood of the tempori is yellow because of the heat of the sun and the yellow blood reflets heat.But the tempori can still turn their sail to the sun to heat up. A male tempont has 5 lungs, 2 water sacks, 12 gills, 24 solar absorbers, 4 sucktion cups, and 6 heat seansors.The female tempori have 4 lungs,1 water sack, 6 gills, 12 solar absorbers, 5 sucktion cups, and 4 heat sensors.

Feeding:The tempori love to eat the native coral because of it's rich oils. The tempori have an anual coral and fruit harvest every year.The tempori have suction cups on their thumb so they can hold on to coral while their cutting it with their teeth and climb trees and slice the fruit with their teeth.The tempori have heat sensors to hunt for banbis.The banbi is a strange mamal that hops on the islands and eats the native plants.The heat sensors help them hunt so they can get back to the water as soon as possible.But if they don't, they will ether die of hunger or drie out and die.Some times the banbi are spared and the tempori hunt fonquets, a 1 foot long fly, baish, a weird fish, ten, an alien starfish, and carcartion, a 6 winged bird.To help with hunting, the tempori have 6 foot toungs.

Life:The tempori live in the depths of the ocean that covers 85% of their planet.The rest of the planet is islands and small vallcanos.The average tempont can live up to 300 of their years.Sometimes if they are healthy enough they can live to be 450 years old.A young tempont stayes with it's mother for 1 week.Soon the young tempont is taught how to eat soft coral.After 1 month,the young tempont is able to eat solid coral and hunt. By two years, the young tempont is 12 feet high and 24 feet long.Now it is able to hunt on land and is able to survive on it's own.

Care taking:When a tempont is born, the female is left to take care of the young while the male feasts.For months, the female tempont has eaten lods of coral and has only digested half and saved the rest for the baby.The tempori give birth to live young and regugitate a liquid coral substance.The tempori are quite friendly even know they are the top predator of the planet. About one week in age, the young tempont can grow to about 1 foot high.The tempont are 2x their hight so they can grow to 12 feet high and 24 feet long.An extremly healthy tempont can be lucky enogh to grow to 13 feet high and 26 feet long. The tempori are 75% tail and 25% other.

Mateing:Two male tempori travle on to a beach on one of the islands.To start the matting battle, first, the two males start tumping their tails and front feet on the ground, kicking up as much sand as posibile to blind the rival. Second, the males start clicking and screeching will shaking their head in the air to try to frighten the other male. Third, the two males puff up their water sacks to look bigger. Finnaly, the two males fight to the death dead tempori to be found left on the beaches from mateing seson and the winner gose back to the ocean to the female.Then the male tempori finds enough bedding to let the female rest. The male trys to make the female relax as much as possible so birth will happen sooner. The male pushes on the females stomec to make sure that the young is alive and how many young their are. When the young are born, they are able to swim and start streaching their muscles.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 10:52:12 pm by Guilmon »

Awesomeness runs strong in the Greivi bloodline.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: Tempont-My spore creature
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 09:49:29 pm »
Nice job, sis, but don't try to center the picture with spaces. It looks horrible. Use the "center" tag, third one to the right of the moving one.

Now that there's a space-phase race in the system, we need to think up an official name for it. And some rules for naming planets, because there can't be three different names for a planet.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 09:54:53 pm »
Hey welcome and nice creature. Also...Darth Grievi IS A GIRL!!! Hmmm...well doesn't really put my life Into perspective or anything but It's shocking non the less.

Nice creature and nice Idea :) wonder what would make blood blue, or green :P

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 10:10:59 pm »
Blast it, he's on to me... jk :D

BTW: Guilmon drew the pic, I colored and re-texed it.

Is there an "official" set of rules for multi-species system naming?
I'm thinking the natives keep their name for their planet and satelites, but how the heck do we name the star or the un-inhabited planets and moons? Their star allready has three names, Anikla, Kantra, and whatever the Tempori call it. So very confusing...

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 10:15:43 pm »
Thanks! ;D It's my first creature.I hpoe i'll do a RP soon ;D

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 10:16:58 pm »
Well your solar system and the rest of the universe Is on the verge of being blown smithereens absolutely nothing.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 10:18:23 pm »
Also...Darth Grievi IS A GIRL!!! Hmmm...well doesn't really put my life Into perspective or anything but It's shocking non the less.

sltlamina said it for me  :P

like your creature...awww they're so cute  ;D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 10:19:53 pm »
Well your solar system and the rest of the universe Is on the verge of being blown smithereens absolutely nothing.

There's a war going on? And I didn't know? Boy am I unobservant  :-\

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 10:24:00 pm »
Thanks, I'll soon do a pic of their prey, the banbi. Think a kangaroo mixed with a mouse.(BTW:The tempori are gental giants)

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 10:24:27 pm »

There's a war going on? And I didn't know? Boy am I unobservant  :-\

...they have control over alpha...remember In our RP? that's the suicide mission, gotta deactivate It I guess.

Also yes everyone Is shocked that you're a girl...AHHH SHE'LL DECAPITATE US!!! Well I'll have you know I once Jumped Into liquid tungsten carbide and It solidified on me...*shifty eyes* yes... :-\

Offline Guilmon

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 10:30:33 pm »
BTW:I got the inspereation from creature etetor 3.0

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2007, 10:34:39 pm »

cool :) only one thing I don't quite like bout It...the head *turns head sideways* HAHA deformed balloon...I laugh at anything, like that disabled person, she was In an electric wheelchair and went like 300 MPH :D :D :D I thought you was gonna crash Into the elevator door but she stopped so suddenly...then the door opened. Ah funny things. Like the tail though.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2007, 10:41:07 pm »

There's a war going on? And I didn't know? Boy am I unobservant  :-\

...they have control over alpha...remember In our RP? that's the suicide mission, gotta deactivate It I guess.

Also yes everyone Is shocked that you're a girl...AHHH SHE'LL DECAPITATE US!!! Well I'll have you know I once Jumped Into liquid tungsten carbide and It solidified on me...*shifty eyes* yes... :-\

Ohhhhh... that explains it... haven't checked over there yet. To the Nyctos thread! *da-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na*

Before I leave... I'm also a trekkie... for real... ask Guilmon...*runs*

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2007, 10:42:03 pm »
who now?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2007, 02:13:00 am »

Cool! That makes my day! :D

BTW Your drawing is amazing for 9 years old!