Author Topic: Sim Nation - Discussion  (Read 26136 times)

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Steve Sim Nation - Planning Phase
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2007, 04:22:36 pm »
think this is going to be a great little game :D
and all I have to do now is wait for an reply and get started with my family, but while waiting i can allways figure out a backstory and all for my town and families.

oh two questions
1.how are we going to take taxes and such?
2.and if i make a town may I decided myself wich jobs that should be available atm?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 05:00:22 pm by Pixxel »
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 04:31:40 pm »
Oh, i do have one question though:
Is there an easy way to figure out how much a lot is worth without counting everything in it? Since sims can't buy community lots there doesn't seem to be any way of knowing.

I believe in build mode there is a little button at the upper left hand side of the screen that will tell you the stats of the building including the value of the lot. I am not sure if this always has been there or if its a new thing from "Open for Business".

think this is going to be a great little game :D
and all I have to do now is wait for an reply and get started with my family, but while waiting i can allways figure out a backstory and all for my town and families

oh two questions
1.how are we going to take taxes and such?
2.and if i make a town may I decided myself which jobs that should be available atm?

1. Taxes get taken once a week (every Wednesday) you take 10% of the value of each family (you can see their value when clicking on the house in neighborhood mode)

2. Jobs are only available as you build key buildings. Such as Raikitsune making a military base allowed for the military carer path to be available for his town as well as the towns it touches. Also slacker is available since it requires no key buildings to be made. Note key buildings are community lots.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 04:46:02 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2007, 04:52:16 pm »
1. Taxes get taken once a week (every Wednesday) you take 10% of the value of each family (you can see their value when clicking on the house in neighborhood mode)

2. Jobs are only available as you build key buildings. Such as Raikitsune making a military base allowed for the military carer path to be available for his town as well as the towns it touches. Also slacker is available since it requires no key buildings to be made. Note key buildings are community lots.

okey thanks :D now i understand how it works  :D

edit:
I only got sims 2 atm but i can borrow the others up to Nights life from a friend and maybe buy Pets and borrow from someone else open for business. But if I may join, the name of my town area could be: Toadville (its going to be 50% swamp and 50% normal ground)

edit2:
I could go buy The sims 2: pets tomorrow (3:00am here atm) and try borrow the other games too ;D
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 05:13:21 pm by Pixxel »
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2007, 05:03:01 pm »
I give you...

Area 33 is the headquarters of the multi-national mega corporation, PatCon Enterprise. Aside from the prominent office complex there is a small but growing residential sector in the surrounding area.

I've got all the expansions installed and all of the extra neighborhoods have been made. I'll plop a Sim down in a bit.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2007, 05:16:29 pm »
nice patman was just thinking of making an ''Area (number)''-town but i rather go for a swamp with strange voodoo magic and other odd things like labs,mad scientists,florists,hippies,alligator farms(maybe not possible...yet  ::) ) and such things
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 05:25:42 pm by Pixxel »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2007, 05:28:38 pm »
I like how each town already has a unique flavour to it  :D
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2007, 05:42:12 pm »
You should add the sim nation slots city name, i cannot understand which city has the military outpost.. And i'll only be using university has something seems to be wrong with my pets version...  :( Oh well i don't usually buy pets anyway.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 05:43:58 pm by Snake »
Please look at the Miala and their Wiki on the page.

Quote from: Gungnir
Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2007, 05:46:16 pm »
The military post is in Ogbogistahn.

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2007, 05:52:49 pm »
The main point was i didn't know which town was whose.

Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2007, 05:54:38 pm »
I give you...

Area 33 is the headquarters of the multi-national mega corporation, PatCon Enterprise. Aside from the prominent office complex there is a small but growing residential sector in the surrounding area.

I've got all the expansions installed and all of the extra neighborhoods have been made. I'll plop a Sim down in a bit.

Make sure you can afford it. Rember you only have a $20,000 per sim. Thus with 8 sims you can start out with $160,000 in your city funds. Then zoning will cost money and if its a community lot (such as an office) it will cost money to build that. Don't for get power and water. A water tower will cost you $150 ($50 per week) and a windmill will cost tou $500 ($50 per week) which supports 10 buildings. In short start out small and build up. All of the cities will eventually have to depend upon each other for utilizes, jobs, education and population.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2007, 05:57:39 pm »
Huh...?

I was just giving it some back story.

I noticed that Sam built a "business" building. I can make the main HQ if I wanted to, right? My Sims would never own it or anything, it would just be a place holder. You know, there for show only.

That's what Sam did with that other building, right?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2007, 06:03:05 pm »
Yah, but it did cost money. Lots and lots of money.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2007, 06:11:10 pm »
How do you get it to unload all the stuff? The city template... I tried the content installer, it just says double click the package. Okay i do but its the same message. I do it again, same message.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 06:13:39 pm by Snake »

Blarg chicka blarg-blarg

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2007, 06:17:39 pm »
How do you get it to unload all the stuff? The city template... I tried the content installer, it just says double click the package. Okay i do but its the same message. I do it again, same message.

unload what?

Offline Snake

• Choplifter Captain
  • Bow down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2007, 06:22:13 pm »
To get the download template thing to make the three screens. Should i just use one of the already made ones since my thing won't unload the gssn package?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 06:48:24 pm by Snake »

Blarg chicka blarg-blarg