Author Topic: Adventures in Babysitting (2008)  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
Adventures in Babysitting (2008)
« on: January 03, 2007, 10:12:55 am »
I felt sick to my stomach when I heard this was being done. When will they learn that remakes of originals come out as horrible disasters everyone would love to forget. 

I grew up with the original 1987 version of the movie, and like most 80's movies they won't be able to catch the quirks of the movie that made it worth watching. I have horrible visions of the character of Chris Parker going into a hip hop club instead of a jazz club. Or Sara skating around with those annoying shoes with the flip out wheels instead of real roller skates.  It was a good movie, it still is, but I wish they would just leave it alone.

Personally I hope this movie bombs, are original ideas so rare that they are remaking adventure in babysitting? This is one movie I can wait for.

My karma ran over your dogma

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Adventures in Babysitting (2008)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 10:47:42 am »
I felt sick to my stomach when I heard this was being done. When will they learn that remakes of originals come out as horrible disasters everyone would love to forget. 

I grew up with the original 1987 version of the movie, and like most 80's movies they won't be able to catch the quirks of the movie that made it worth watching. I have horrible visions of the character of Chris Parker going into a hip hop club instead of a jazz club. Or Sara skating around with those annoying shoes with the flip out wheels instead of real roller skates.  It was a good movie, it still is, but I wish they would just leave it alone.

Personally I hope this movie bombs, are original ideas so rare that they are remaking adventure in babysitting? This is one movie I can wait for.

They're making a Friday Night Fever with 50-Cent filmed inside a Hip Hop club with guns'n'****.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 06:48:40 pm »
One worse yet.. I just saw part of a preview for the remake of 'The Hitcher'. Come up with something new Hollywood!

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 10:31:20 am »
*weeps silently*
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 08:24:21 am »
I got to meet Anthony Rapp when he was touring schools talking about Rent and I told him how awesome he was in Adventures in Babysitting (as the obnoxious blonde friend) and he comically shushed me.  good times.  -leeman

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 11:44:22 am »
awesome  :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]