Author Topic: Invasion Plans!  (Read 24087 times)

Offline Thalius

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
Re: Invasion Plans!
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007, 05:02:22 am »
If physics did somehow allow it, you would end up with a rock covered in molten core lava.  Then you would have to add lots of water until it cools down and then you can repopulate it.

Also sorta along those lines, i wonder if you can inhibit another races development.  Like amke then think your god then not allowing them to evolve enough to release your not really thier god or something along those lines.... you know what i mean.  I hope.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 05:28:06 am »
Just push their moon into a geosychric orbit, so its always blocking their sun.

Offline captainjp

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2007, 07:10:31 am »
Just push their moon into a geosychric orbit, so its always blocking their sun.

that would be funny if it is a big moon  :D

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2007, 07:19:14 am »
Be good If you could line like 5 planets up (Actually touching each other), and then move a planet from one end up and let It go so that It hits the other planet and It makes one of those doodly thingys...you know? like

-----        -----
 /  ||||   -    |||| \
o  oooo        oooo  o

DING!

Offline Full_Metal

• Adventure Ace
    • View Profile
    • Vector Hates You All!
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2007, 06:05:18 pm »
I am partial to the idea of steering a black hole towards a hostile civilization's planet, and then sitting back and watching the 'fireworks'. I highly doubt they'd be in the game, but a singularity-generator would make a very nice planet-killer weapon.

I also have visions of very large battlemech hordes slugging it out over a planet's surface.

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2007, 07:14:59 pm »
The trouble with you guys is you assume you'll have little to no difficulty so your plans all involve just doing whatever the hell you want.

What I'm picturing (although I have no idea whether such a situation could arise in spore) is one race having a bigger, better fleet, and the other race being able to use the energy of a planet's atmosphere as a weapon.  So you have this asymmetrical dynamic where the one side will be dominant in space battles, but if they try to just line up their cruisers and attack a planet, they would take horrendous losses. 

What's the solution?  Well they use a **SPACE** adaptation of Infiltration tactics.  They send some fusion bombs through hyperspace and detonate them in the upper atmosphere to cause a disruption (the enemy's technology is immune to EMP, but the atmosphere control isn't).  At the same time they drop one or more troop ships out of hyperspace and unload commandoes in stealth suits.  The commandoes deploy parachutes at as low an altitude as possible and reach ground.  They proceed to disrupt communications, and more importantly, to sabotage the atmosphere control stations.  Once this is done, the full invasion can start.  They send in the common soldiers with mechs and so forth, going across the whole planet, the commandoes sneaking ahead and wrecking the AC stations, and the fleet bombarding in support of the ground advance wherever possible (IE, safe).
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline takoninja

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2007, 10:04:42 am »
i would try to play off the planets political/military differences, like a vietnam kind of deal.  i think a constant, practicly unwinnable war would be fun, and if i ever got bored i could just call back the troops and nuke the planet to hell.  either that or just put lots big, predetory animals and mess up their ecosystem.

Offline chocolatetooth

• Pong Paddle
  • If Spore were life i would be self appointed king
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2007, 11:02:36 am »
I would begin to trade with them, but i will poison the food supplies with an addictive drug until they become dependent upon it.  Then i will stop giving them the drug, then sit back and watch them suffer.
>:)destroyer of all threads>:)

Offline ollj

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • "procedurally generated"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2007, 02:09:54 pm »
cross breeding

Offline ingen101

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2007, 05:25:05 pm »
make them infertile so then all heck will break loose. then once they are extinct simply take over the planet. if they have buddys on another planet they will think it was caused by pollution! *laughs evily* well not really, I would probably try to make peace or cause extreme weather conditions for the entire planet.
I can't wait for starcraft 2!....oh wait,I mean spore >.>

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2007, 07:56:14 pm »
Infertility, addiction, and EMP blasts? I don't know if you guys are just fantasizing or whether you actually think that stuff is going to be in the game, but really... If your expectations are that high, you most certainly WILL be disappointed.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline ingen101

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2007, 07:44:37 am »
Infertility, addiction, and EMP blasts? I don't know if you guys are just fantasizing or whether you actually think that stuff is going to be in the game, but really... If your expectations are that high, you most certainly WILL be disappointed.

I was just kidding about the infertility thing.
I can't wait for starcraft 2!....oh wait,I mean spore >.>

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2007, 07:54:32 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbXS5bdeRac

it would be pretty funny to invade like movies. independence day for an example.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 09:43:39 am by xenomorph »
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline thelochness07

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2007, 08:03:06 pm »
Leng: i like how you have hyper-space deployed fusion bombs, EMP's, stealth suits, and atmosphere controlling devices in your scenario... but your species still couldn't think of anything better than a parachute ;)

but anyways, i would chill on the dark side of their moon and raise the temperature by subtle amounts until they all get used to really high temperatures. then i would drop the temperature really fast so that everyone is super freezing. then i would send a ship down to the surface and sell them all space-heaters... space-heaters that are really nukes! re adjust the temperature, siphon off the radiation and fallout then move on in

Offline El_Buro

• Revenging Yar
  • Crusher of spines.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2007, 08:43:33 pm »
Just fling small creatures at their cities, that learn 'em.

Or, you could try and uplift one of the other creatures on their planet and command them to kill your enemies. I wonder if that's possible.