Author Topic: Games for the Wii  (Read 5325 times)

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
Games for the Wii
« on: December 31, 2006, 11:04:05 am »
Is there an ETA on when we can expect these things to start showing up, or?

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
Re: Games for the Wii
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 11:46:24 am »
wel mario and matroid wont be out til next xmas....so maybe smash brothers wil be out soon

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 07:58:20 pm »
NEXT CHRISTMAS?!

Tell me you're joking.

So we have a total of one title to look forward to for the next YEAR?!

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 04:40:54 am »

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 09:10:22 am »
To say I am not happy at Nintendo's actions would be an understatement. I bought the Wii on the understanding we would have Mario and Metroid close to the launch date. When you also consider how they are screwing us on the postponment of Phantom Hourglass!

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 12:32:38 pm »
Upcoming games for the wii http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_games
I'm aware of that.

I was being facetious. It seems that about 90% of the upcoming titles for the Wii are movie licenses and/or are being developed by Ubisoft.

This does not inspire confidence.

I mean, when people are driven to get excited about games like Elebits, you know there's a problem.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 12:52:22 pm »
i think the wii wil be the same as the DS....we only have to cut trough the hordes of spam games to get to the treasure

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 01:03:51 pm »
Good games take longer to make. Just look at the DS. All the good games for it didn't come out until recently.
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 01:35:49 pm »
WarioWare comes out in a couple of weeks, and Reggie said in an interview that Metroid Prime 3 should be out in March (though who knows now?).

Battalion Ware 2 and Mario Strikers should both be out soon as well with online play!

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 01:49:48 pm »
and smash?

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 07:34:18 pm »
I'd heard that it was rumored there'd be a delay with Mario and Metroid. Was there some sort of confirmation that they'd be delayed or are we freaking out over nothing?

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 07:49:07 pm »
Well Reggie said in that interview that Metroid would be out in March, and Mario Galaxy would be out anytime between March and December.

A couple of weeks ago, however, CVG said they heard from "reliable sources" that Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, and Phantom Hourglass would all be delayed until Holiday 2007.

So I guess it depends on who you trust more: Reggie or CVG.

Although Miyamoto said at E3 that Mario Galaxy would be out within the first six months of Wii's release, so who knows!

On a side note: Is anyone else wondering what is taking so long for Nintendo to start releasing some of the really great Virtual Console games? C'mon! Give us Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid, and A Link to the Past! Baseball and Urban Champion don't cut it! :P

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 07:58:57 pm »
Well Reggie said in that interview that Metroid would be out in March, and Mario Galaxy would be out anytime between March and December.

A couple of weeks ago, however, CVG said they heard from "reliable sources" that Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, and Phantom Hourglass would all be delayed until Holiday 2007.

So I guess it depends on who you trust more: Reggie or CVG.

Although Miyamoto said at E3 that Mario Galaxy would be out within the first six months of Wii's release, so who knows!

So it's between believing Reggie and Miyamoto or CVG? Hmm. Are there 'sources' within Nintendo more 'reliable' than Reggie and Miyamoto as to what they're doing? Like I said, people are getting upset over nothing. If Nintendo announces a delay, then yes, I'll be on the bandwagon of wigging out like everyone else. Till then, I'm going to take the rumor as a rumor. Thanks for clarifying, Pilot. :)

On a side note: Is anyone else wondering what is taking so long for Nintendo to start releasing some of the really great Virtual Console games? C'mon! Give us Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Metroid, and A Link to the Past! Baseball and Urban Champion don't cut it! :P

They're doing it somewhat strategically from what it appears. Their downloads, based on things I've been reading about, are going quite well and people are purchasing even the smaller games in decent numbers. To release a major title would only drown out those smaller ones. They'll bring out big ones when they feel it's necessary should the VC download numbers drop off, I suspect.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 08:35:49 pm »
I'm waiting for some more 64 games. I also want to know if they ever do plan on releasing the RPGs that weren't out on PAL in PAL regions. from what I understand it shouldn't matter as the Wii runs in PAL 60 which is the same as NTSC.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 08:39:10 pm »
On a side note: Is anyone else wondering what is taking so long for Nintendo to start releasing some of the really great Virtual Console games? C'mon! Give us Super Mario World, Super Metroid, and A Link to the Past! Baseball and Urban Champion don't cut it! :P

Fixed.
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD