Author Topic: Cortex Command  (Read 4777 times)

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
Re: Cortex Commmand (WARNING: VIOLENT)
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 03:52:59 pm »
Yeah the base is a bitch to defend. I have tried several different tactics to defend all openings but the bots get killed to fast and you can't reinforce the brain before it is to late.

Though as it is a beta we can forgive some of these things. Though some of them seem rather obvious to not have been corrected during development.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 04:19:41 pm »
Oh, trust me. they were making things far easier. originally, to get gold you had to mine it, summon a rocket, throw the gold inside, and launch the rocket into orbit. :P
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 04:25:52 pm »
Dear god....

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Cortex Command
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 09:50:00 am »
http://www.datarealms.com/

Cortex command is a game being made by an independent developer called data realms. You can actually purchase the game now for only 18$ since its in early development. There is still much to be added but its an absolute blast to play as is.

Any the game is in an old school 2D style, The premise is you play a brain that can take remote control of other body's. You can build bunkers mine for gold for more cash to buy more weapons and body's and battle.

The game physics based. Physics affect everything and many times i ordered a shipment body's to be transported by a rocket only for the rocket to crash in to them. Like wise i have blown off engines of drop ships to drop them on enemy's below.

The game has a demo version, It lets you play the tutorial and some missions for 6 minutes per session.

Another large feature is much like mount and blade, TONS of mods exist and are available right on cortex commands forums.

I highly recommend you guys check this out, I should mention the download is not even 100MBs and mods are even smaller so no long download times.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
Re: Cortex Command
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 09:53:11 am »
It's okay to resurrect threads from 2006 if you have something meaningful to add.

But yeah, CC is loads of fun. Especially if you get some of the crazier mods.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Cortex Command
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 09:55:02 am »
I typed in Cortex command in the search bar and found nothing, Even now it only brings up my thread.

Sorry, If the mods want them merged its okay with me.