Author Topic: Last Harry Potter Book has a title!  (Read 17101 times)

Offline russellmania4

• Tempest Top Dog
  • i r from teh spores
    • View Profile
    • Yummy Goode
Last Harry Potter Book has a title!
« on: December 22, 2006, 08:07:00 am »
I just read in my newspaper this morning the title of the last Harry Potter book will be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. What do you think?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 08:59:31 am by russellmania4 »

You killed Harry Potter  >:( !!!!!
Yes. Yes I did.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
Re: Last Harry Potter Book has a title!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 08:25:46 am »
Sounds far too "epic" and "grand".  That's what's brought the last couple of books down... the fact that before, it was just a few kids adventuring around in a funky castle, but now it's become much more generic and, "We must stop this evil before it consumes the world... fear!"  I find it dull to be honest.  I never liked the plot of the books in the first place, I always thought the plots have been weak; I just liked the environment and easy-reading.  I enjoyed the latest book, it was quite a surprise, but it's all becoming a little too over-the-top.

Then again, I started reading the books when I was pretty young, so maybe as I've grown older I've recognised its flaws.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 10:20:13 am »
In before "Snape Kills Dumbeldore" Jokes and parodies.

I haven't cared for the name of any Harry Potter books, but I've read and enjoyed them.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 04:43:34 am »
HARRY DIES.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 05:52:00 am »
I think I need to finally read the last book, for some reason I bought and couldn't get past the first chapter. It probably wasn't the book though, reading has been making me sleepy lately.  :P

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 11:58:59 am »
I think I need to finally read the last book, for some reason I bought and couldn't get past the first chapter. It probably wasn't the book though, reading has been making me sleepy lately.  :P

Well, I hope no one in here ruined it for you, LadyM. *coughBalthamaelcough*

No one gave away the ending for me. So when I got to the end of the sixth book I nearly had a heart attack...

Makes me remember ol' Richard Harris. Rest in peace, man...

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 01:43:45 pm »
I already know about the Snape killed Dumbeldore thing. I learned that when the book first came out. I'd still like to read the rest of the story though.

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 07:45:46 pm »
Lord Voldemort turns out to be Harry Potter from the future, so they both make a magical bomb that kills all the wizards in the entire world except for Ron's twin brothers, who use their superiority to establish an empire spanning the globe. Which soon dies because the Machine-God wants power and the twins won't let him have it, which is a bad idea so the Machine-God kills them and destroys the world as well. It then turns into a giant robot and fuses with the aliens from Independance Day, creating an entity that is made up of half of all the particles in the universe, the other half being compressed into five gems that are fitted onto the knuckles of a glove, thereby creating the Chaos Gauntlet which is worn by Morgan DeBeers, the last remaining member of the Illuminati. DeBeers and the Machine-God spaceship get in a fight that triggers the Big Crunch, eventually setting reality back to its starting point. At that point a big explosion occured and my mom got scared, she said 'You're movin with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air'. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything, I thought that this cab was rare, but I thought, 'Nah, forget it. Yo homes to Bel-Air!'. I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes, smell ya later!'. Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 11:04:44 pm »
Jesus Christ. That's the first time in I don't know how long that I actually DIDN'T see Bel-Air coming. I want that post stuffed, mounted, and on my wall.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 12:06:51 pm »
I think thats the longest post Holstein Cow has ever made.  :D

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 07:51:49 pm »
*Bel Air post which I totally didn't see coming*

You sir, win.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 01:51:59 am »
*Bel Air post which I totally didn't see coming*

You sir, win.

:D :D :D (To the post but I sure as hell aint quoting something that's longer than the reply...makes me look lazy by comparison) agreed...lol he needs to be a stand up comedian...or a sit down comedian...I wouldn't stand up for like 8 hours a day, 6 or so days a week...my legs would get used to It and I'd walk and they'd crack and I'd scream and someone would die and an old lady would have a seizure and I'd twitch and It'd be all over the news *holds separated head In hands* oh...

Oh yeah also on topic...I heard...I thought...I thought some more...I forgot what I heard...I came here...and I thought "Holy crap I want Ice cream" then I thought "Wait a minute this doesn't follow the Harry Potter theme" then I got some Ice cream and got brain freeze and torched It then read all the books again.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 01:29:11 pm »
Man, sltlamina, your posts are so...flow-of-consciousnessy!

I regret reading the first Harry Potter book when it came out. I'm much too old to really appreciate these books now, but I got to know how it ends! It's not good literature but I still read the 6th book for 12 solid hours(which was good, I knew Dumbledore died before it became a meme :) )

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 12:01:18 am »
I'm not conscious...crazy crazy human...I'm asleep...oh right I'm not...you know I forgot what happened In some of the books and I...what did I do again? then then...then I said to the seal GET YOUR OWN!...ohoh...WHAT HAPPENED IN BOOK 2 AGAIN???

I remember the basilisk and the phoenix and the water *drools* mmmm water...lol and hermione turning Into a cat woman :D...hope book 7 Is good...book 6 kinda Jumped a bit...everything Is fine then **** I'm In a cave then later **** he's dead!!!...then you miss a page with like the main part of the book...yeah book 7 should fill In the blanks from when I missed pages by accident In previous books *looks at book*...you think...think If I ate It I'd know It *eats*

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 12:12:35 am »
I'm not conscious...crazy crazy human...I'm asleep...oh right I'm not...you know I forgot what happened In some of the books and I...what did I do again? then then...then I said to the seal GET YOUR OWN!...ohoh...WHAT HAPPENED IN BOOK 2 AGAIN???

I remember the basilisk and the phoenix and the water *drools* mmmm water...lol and hermione turning Into a cat woman :D...hope book 7 Is good...book 6 kinda Jumped a bit...everything Is fine then **** I'm In a cave then later **** he's dead!!!...then you miss a page with like the main part of the book...yeah book 7 should fill In the blanks from when I missed pages by accident In previous books *looks at book*...you think...think If I ate It I'd know It *eats*

Is your schoolwork like this?

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 12:39:09 am »
Hey, don't knock it! James Joyce wrote Ulysses that way.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 01:24:15 am »
SPOILERZ

Some very bright individuals figure that "Deathly Hallows" is a fancy way of saying Horcrux.

Online Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 03:26:22 am »
I am very much a perfectionist, so the thing I dislike most about Harry Potter is the fact that the books differ in size so much.

(They just started getting larger! And now, smaller again!)
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 03:53:24 am »
Yeah I think It was more of a weight thing...order of the phoenix started pushing It a li'l at a whole kilo lol

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2007, 08:23:54 am »
SPOILERZ

Some very bright individuals figure that "Deathly Hallows" is a fancy way of saying Horcrux.

I was thinking that maybe Dumbeldore had a horcrux.

Offline captainjp

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 05:06:32 am »
I just read in my newspaper this morning the title of the last Harry Potter book will be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. What do you think?

Its a good title but every time she used harry potter and maybe something else like Harry Potter with...

Offline Gil

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 08:36:15 am »
Harry Potter with?  I think Harry Potter and is the best option.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 09:02:41 am »
SPOILERZ

Old Dumbles didnt strike me as the calculated murdering type.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 05:26:04 pm »
Ooh! I'm looking forward to this one!

A bunch of people didn't like the ending to the last book, but I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to see what this one is all about.

Is it still on track to be released this Summer?

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 05:27:51 pm »
Halfblood prince made me sad.

I mean, I expect endings like that from GRR Martin or someone, but this series started off so kiddie and it doesn't feel like the same series anymore to me. It used to be "oh what jolly fun" but now its all death and betrayal and...meaness...It seems to me the past two books have had a completely different feel to them. I'm not saying I dislike the new feel, it just doesn't seem to be targeting the same audience as the earlier books.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 06:08:46 pm »
The series started sucking after Goblet. I couldn't get through Phoneix.

Oh well, I can still remember the good ol' days of Azkhaban.  :'(
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 08:27:01 pm »
I am very much a perfectionist, so the thing I dislike most about Harry Potter is the fact that the books differ in size so much.

(They just started getting larger! And now, smaller again!)
wow, can you say "Obsessive Compulsive"? (because i can't...Too many big words...)

yeah...I can't discuss Harry Potter because I allways forget what the latest book I read talked about after just a couple of weeks, so I have to re-read the whole series whenever a new book comes out...

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 08:23:22 am »
Its a good title but every time she used harry potter and maybe something else like Harry Potter with...
Harry Potter with Rabies?

The series started sucking after Goblet. I couldn't get through Phoneix.
Yeah, Phoenix started out very crappily. But once you get past the first five million or so pages, it's actually pretty decent.

I mean, I expect endings like that from GRR Martin or someone, but this series started off so kiddie and it doesn't feel like the same series anymore to me. It used to be "oh what jolly fun" but now its all death and betrayal and...meaness...It seems to me the past two books have had a completely different feel to them. I'm not saying I dislike the new feel, it just doesn't seem to be targeting the same audience as the earlier books.
I believe this is because the characters in the books are growing up. It wouldn't make sense to have them still dealing with the same things as they were when they were 11 or whatever.

Anyway, it's not as if Rowling is just making it up as she goes along. She'd basically written the entire story before starting on the first book, so presumably if it's getting a bit darker now, that's how it was always meant to be.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 10:48:11 am »
I always wanted a story about the "good guys" to just end in the
"bad guy" victory and be done with the story. I think after I finished the book, I'd be a little happier with it and say "Well, I didn't see that coming"

Harry Potter goes to the 'dark side' and book over.

or

Harry Potter goes to finish off voldemort... and dies. Book over.

Harry potter goes and kills voldemort but kill shimself in the process. Book over. Try to make any sequels now!

I don't know. I'd rather it be against the norm.

Offline Gil

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2007, 01:26:00 am »
That last option is quite realistic actually. To be able to kill Voldemort he has to sacrifice himself.

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2007, 04:21:05 pm »
SPOILERZ

That could be the twist.  :o

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2007, 07:35:04 pm »
SPOILERZ

That could be the twist.  :o

Dumbledore's dead. Unless he pulls a Gandalf, I don't see much reason for him to return...

The fate of the world is in Harry Potter's hand.

The Battle between pure Evil and Good.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Coming to a bookstore near you with a thousand woman and a hundred boys blocking your path.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 07:36:46 pm »
Dumbo will come. Dumbledore is just Gandalf(Who is actually just Odin) with a bigger nose.
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 06:45:48 pm »
Halfblood prince made me sad.

At least she didn't get stuck writing the same story over and over again. She wasn't afraid to have her characters go through major changes, and avoids the "sitcom syndrome" where everything is back to normal at the end of every book. I thought that might have been the path the story would have taken after the first two stories, and am thankful it did not.

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2007, 06:49:30 pm »

The target audience has got older as the series has progressed.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2007, 06:52:29 pm »
Hi Pando! Its no longer Christmas. Take down yer lights. ;)

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2007, 07:27:20 pm »

Balderdash. I keep the lights up year round because I'm too lazy to put them up or take them down each year.

So we look like the bum house who hasn't taken down their lights in 3 years.  :P

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2007, 08:00:01 pm »

/Done

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2007, 10:36:22 am »
That last option is quite realistic actually. To be able to kill Voldemort he has to sacrifice himself.
Realistic in a book about Wizards?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2007, 07:42:25 pm »
Kamikaze some sort of Kamikaze spell.

You know Kamikaze is japenese for Devine Wind?

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2007, 12:10:24 am »
Realistic in a book about Wizards?

I think she meant realistic in the sense that it would be a very likely ending.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 04:26:13 am »
SPOILERZ

Hah.

Does she mean "Hollows" (as in valley/small woodland) ? I want to know what a hallows is. hallowed ground? Or is she trying to sound cool again?

And harry potter is way too overrated to have adults/teenagers drooling at it. If you're 8, fine, but a 13+ year old should not be obsessed with it, and refer to Rowling as "Jo" as if he/she knew her on a first name basis, and should not talk about her characters as if they are real and "deserve to live"

(I have 2 friends who constantly argue that "Jo owes it to harry" to keep him alive, because she got all her money from him.)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2007, 05:40:06 am »

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2007, 10:01:50 am »
so "the deathly making righteous/holy"

yeah..sounds great.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2007, 07:53:05 pm »
SPOILERZ

Hah.

Does she mean "Hollows" (as in valley/small woodland) ? I want to know what a hallows is. hallowed ground? Or is she trying to sound cool again?

And harry potter is way too overrated to have adults/teenagers drooling at it. If you're 8, fine, but a 13+ year old should not be obsessed with it, and refer to Rowling as "Jo" as if he/she knew her on a first name basis, and should not talk about her characters as if they are real and "deserve to live"

(I have 2 friends who constantly argue that "Jo owes it to harry" to keep him alive, because she got all her money from him.)

While obsessing over a fictional character to live because "Jo owes it to harry for making her rich" thing is rather pathetic. This is the last book. Any ending besides "He defeating the evil and lived happily ever after" would be a warm welcome from the norm.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2007, 08:00:15 am »
Yes, but I doubt she'd actually kill Harry purely because of how predictable (and as a result, anticlimactic) it would be.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2007, 09:21:51 pm »
Everything everywhere dies excpet Harry. There no one will see it coming except me just now.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2007, 10:00:20 pm »
One character MUST get pregnant.  Preferably Ginny or Hermoine, but Ron will do if it's a baby Goblin in his stomach.

That's what goblins do, right?  No... maybe it's aliens...
I'm sure of it!  It's goblins!
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2007, 07:23:47 am »
Stop-press news!

Apparently the Part of Ron is to be taken over by John Hurt for the last film. WE can only speculate as to the significance at this time.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Online Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2007, 08:43:02 am »
Harry Potter and the Deathly [To Make Religious]'s!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
Last Harry Potter Book has a release date too.
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2007, 07:38:30 am »
It also has a release date. July 21.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2007, 09:26:10 am »
*confetti*
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2007, 05:15:02 pm »
Hah. My girlfriend, harry potter obsessed, gave me a link to the announcement on mugglenet. WOW. they had at least 600 comments in under 12 hours. Those posts were crazy too. People said they were crying from joy, that they were taking that day off from work, etc. I also found out that one library had over 500 holds on the book...and it was announced that day. And deluxe edition is 65 dollars, normal is 35.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2007, 05:18:34 pm »
Hah. My girlfriend, harry potter obsessed, gave me a link to the announcement on mugglenet. WOW. they had at least 600 comments in under 12 hours. Those posts were crazy too. People said they were crying from joy, that they were taking that day off from work, etc. I also found out that one library had over 500 holds on the book...and it was announced that day. And deluxe edition is 65 dollars, normal is 35.
Oh Gods.

There will be suicides after book 7 is released. Mark my words.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2007, 09:38:07 pm »
I've decided to get the book as soon as possible (midnight..or as close to that as I can), read it as soon as possible, then force my girlfriend, along with her other HP obsessed friends,  to listen to all the major spoilers. Along with posting them on HP fansite forums. MWAHAHAHA!

I dunno why I feel like doing something so evil...

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2007, 04:34:44 am »
The HP fans will have read it before you.

THEY HAVE POWERS.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2007, 01:13:57 pm »
Dude, i finished the 5th book in 5 hours, and the 6th in four hours and 30 minutes.

I timed myself. Next to ppm, or pph, that's the best way of describing how fast I read, since a lot of people read the HP books.

In pages per hour...let's see, i read 2 of asimov's short story collections, and in both of them, around 1 hour in i was on page 110.

Offline russellmania4

• Tempest Top Dog
  • i r from teh spores
    • View Profile
    • Yummy Goode
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2007, 04:49:23 pm »
My friend thinks that Harry himself might be one of the horcruxes. It was said in the 6th book that Voldemort probably hid his horcuxes in something that belongs to each house (Slytherin, Ravenclaw, etc.). Maybe Harry is the thing that belongs to Gryffindor, and in order to kill the last horcruxe, he has to kill himself?
You killed Harry Potter  >:( !!!!!
Yes. Yes I did.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2007, 06:13:05 pm »

All jokes aside, though, I'm with russellmania's friend's theroy.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2007, 01:26:04 pm »
wel harry is a lifeform not an object....it might be but i dont think so...(maybe his glases! lol jk)

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2007, 07:52:32 pm »
Dude, i finished the 5th book in 5 hours, and the 6th in four hours and 30 minutes.

I timed myself. Next to ppm, or pph, that's the best way of describing how fast I read, since a lot of people read the HP books.

In pages per hour...let's see, i read 2 of asimov's short story collections, and in both of them, around 1 hour in i was on page 110.
wow.
It took me about a month to read the 6th book...hehe.
I probably read like 1 page a minute...

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2007, 09:41:47 am »
I've decided to get the book as soon as possible

I decided I'd get the book when I feel like getting off my backside and make my way to the bookstore. Maybe a month or so after it's released.

If I do read it, it'll take me between 2 weeks and a month to read it because... it's just some book.

I rather like the series, but I won't obsess over it.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2007, 10:50:25 am »
The only thing that might cause me to rush to read it is the inevitability of spoilers being posted everywhere in sight.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2007, 03:07:16 pm »
The only thing that might cause me to rush to read it is the inevitability of spoilers being posted everywhere in sight.

I've had the main spoilers ruin the past three books for me, so I'll certainly be rushing to read it; within reason however, I don't intend to sleep outside a bookstore... let's face it, the books aren't that good, period.  I'll just Amazon it.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2007, 04:42:27 am »

You're right. That irritated me when I read the last couple of books.