Author Topic: Last Harry Potter Book has a title!  (Read 17310 times)

Offline russellmania4

• Tempest Top Dog
  • i r from teh spores
    • View Profile
    • Yummy Goode
Last Harry Potter Book has a title!
« on: December 22, 2006, 08:07:00 am »
I just read in my newspaper this morning the title of the last Harry Potter book will be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. What do you think?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 08:59:31 am by russellmania4 »

You killed Harry Potter  >:( !!!!!
Yes. Yes I did.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
Re: Last Harry Potter Book has a title!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 08:25:46 am »
Sounds far too "epic" and "grand".  That's what's brought the last couple of books down... the fact that before, it was just a few kids adventuring around in a funky castle, but now it's become much more generic and, "We must stop this evil before it consumes the world... fear!"  I find it dull to be honest.  I never liked the plot of the books in the first place, I always thought the plots have been weak; I just liked the environment and easy-reading.  I enjoyed the latest book, it was quite a surprise, but it's all becoming a little too over-the-top.

Then again, I started reading the books when I was pretty young, so maybe as I've grown older I've recognised its flaws.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 10:20:13 am »
In before "Snape Kills Dumbeldore" Jokes and parodies.

I haven't cared for the name of any Harry Potter books, but I've read and enjoyed them.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 04:43:34 am »
HARRY DIES.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 05:52:00 am »
I think I need to finally read the last book, for some reason I bought and couldn't get past the first chapter. It probably wasn't the book though, reading has been making me sleepy lately.  :P

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 11:58:59 am »
I think I need to finally read the last book, for some reason I bought and couldn't get past the first chapter. It probably wasn't the book though, reading has been making me sleepy lately.  :P

Well, I hope no one in here ruined it for you, LadyM. *coughBalthamaelcough*

No one gave away the ending for me. So when I got to the end of the sixth book I nearly had a heart attack...

Makes me remember ol' Richard Harris. Rest in peace, man...

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 01:43:45 pm »
I already know about the Snape killed Dumbeldore thing. I learned that when the book first came out. I'd still like to read the rest of the story though.

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2006, 07:45:46 pm »
Lord Voldemort turns out to be Harry Potter from the future, so they both make a magical bomb that kills all the wizards in the entire world except for Ron's twin brothers, who use their superiority to establish an empire spanning the globe. Which soon dies because the Machine-God wants power and the twins won't let him have it, which is a bad idea so the Machine-God kills them and destroys the world as well. It then turns into a giant robot and fuses with the aliens from Independance Day, creating an entity that is made up of half of all the particles in the universe, the other half being compressed into five gems that are fitted onto the knuckles of a glove, thereby creating the Chaos Gauntlet which is worn by Morgan DeBeers, the last remaining member of the Illuminati. DeBeers and the Machine-God spaceship get in a fight that triggers the Big Crunch, eventually setting reality back to its starting point. At that point a big explosion occured and my mom got scared, she said 'You're movin with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air'. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror. If anything, I thought that this cab was rare, but I thought, 'Nah, forget it. Yo homes to Bel-Air!'. I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes, smell ya later!'. Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 11:04:44 pm »
Jesus Christ. That's the first time in I don't know how long that I actually DIDN'T see Bel-Air coming. I want that post stuffed, mounted, and on my wall.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2006, 12:06:51 pm »
I think thats the longest post Holstein Cow has ever made.  :D

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2006, 07:51:49 pm »
*Bel Air post which I totally didn't see coming*

You sir, win.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 01:51:59 am »
*Bel Air post which I totally didn't see coming*

You sir, win.

:D :D :D (To the post but I sure as hell aint quoting something that's longer than the reply...makes me look lazy by comparison) agreed...lol he needs to be a stand up comedian...or a sit down comedian...I wouldn't stand up for like 8 hours a day, 6 or so days a week...my legs would get used to It and I'd walk and they'd crack and I'd scream and someone would die and an old lady would have a seizure and I'd twitch and It'd be all over the news *holds separated head In hands* oh...

Oh yeah also on topic...I heard...I thought...I thought some more...I forgot what I heard...I came here...and I thought "Holy crap I want Ice cream" then I thought "Wait a minute this doesn't follow the Harry Potter theme" then I got some Ice cream and got brain freeze and torched It then read all the books again.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 01:29:11 pm »
Man, sltlamina, your posts are so...flow-of-consciousnessy!

I regret reading the first Harry Potter book when it came out. I'm much too old to really appreciate these books now, but I got to know how it ends! It's not good literature but I still read the 6th book for 12 solid hours(which was good, I knew Dumbledore died before it became a meme :) )

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2006, 12:01:18 am »
I'm not conscious...crazy crazy human...I'm asleep...oh right I'm not...you know I forgot what happened In some of the books and I...what did I do again? then then...then I said to the seal GET YOUR OWN!...ohoh...WHAT HAPPENED IN BOOK 2 AGAIN???

I remember the basilisk and the phoenix and the water *drools* mmmm water...lol and hermione turning Into a cat woman :D...hope book 7 Is good...book 6 kinda Jumped a bit...everything Is fine then **** I'm In a cave then later **** he's dead!!!...then you miss a page with like the main part of the book...yeah book 7 should fill In the blanks from when I missed pages by accident In previous books *looks at book*...you think...think If I ate It I'd know It *eats*

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 12:12:35 am »
I'm not conscious...crazy crazy human...I'm asleep...oh right I'm not...you know I forgot what happened In some of the books and I...what did I do again? then then...then I said to the seal GET YOUR OWN!...ohoh...WHAT HAPPENED IN BOOK 2 AGAIN???

I remember the basilisk and the phoenix and the water *drools* mmmm water...lol and hermione turning Into a cat woman :D...hope book 7 Is good...book 6 kinda Jumped a bit...everything Is fine then **** I'm In a cave then later **** he's dead!!!...then you miss a page with like the main part of the book...yeah book 7 should fill In the blanks from when I missed pages by accident In previous books *looks at book*...you think...think If I ate It I'd know It *eats*

Is your schoolwork like this?