Author Topic: Line Rider Coming to DS & Wii!  (Read 2567 times)

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Line Rider Coming to DS & Wii!
« on: December 21, 2006, 06:15:18 pm »
This is good news, folks. I put this thread in the 'Portable Games' section 'cause I'm trying to imagine something as good at just wasting time with as Line Rider and coming up empty. And since the DS is the current king of wasting time and having fun while doing so, it only seemed appropriate.

If you haven't had the opportunity to try this game out, go here. And if you want to see what others have been able to accomplish with the game, check this out as well. :)

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
Re: Line Rider Coming to DS & Wii!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 06:58:21 pm »
Now that's entertaining! Hope it comes out somewhat soon!

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 07:00:52 pm »
Is this to buy or just download? Because I don't really want to pay money for Line Rider, when it's free on the PC.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 10:53:44 pm »
Is this to buy or just download? Because I don't really want to pay money for Line Rider, when it's free on the PC.

I'm sure it'll cost money, though I could see it being less expensive than an ordinary DS game. Frankly, the portability of the system and sheer perfection that is the DS's touch-screen with that concept makes that okay for me. That said, not everyone's going to want it.

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 12:12:27 pm »
Hmm well elts see, megaman ZX came it in september in the US, and it is expected to be out in something like february over here, so I should expect this around.... 2008?

Seriously though, it does look like fun
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 05:31:53 pm »
Hmm well elts see, megaman ZX came it in september in the US, and it is expected to be out in something like february over here, so I should expect this around.... 2008?

Seriously though, it does look like fun

Um ... Line Rider would require absolutely nothing to be released worldwide, particularly on the DS.

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 08:19:55 pm »
This is my point, the DS is regionless (Isn't it?) SO why do I have to wait nearly 6 months for a game that's already out in America!?
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 08:42:49 pm »
Absoloutley useless, unless there was some kind of mission mode to make it deeper. Without it, it's definently not worth paying for. There would be individual Warioware microgames with more depth.
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 08:44:44 pm »
Absoloutley useless, unless there was some kind of mission mode to make it deeper. Without it, it's definently not worth paying for. There would be individual Warioware microgames with more depth.

I agree. I'd pay for the game if it was a minigame in something else. But not standalone.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 07:26:28 am »
This is my point, the DS is regionless (Isn't it?) SO why do I have to wait nearly 6 months for a game that's already out in America!?

'Cause NOE sucks and they're trying to localize them with other languages built in for Europe. That's usually the argument towards the delay. But if you really want a game, just import it. Sometimes it ends up being cheaper that way besides.