Author Topic: Theme Park (DS)  (Read 8954 times)

Offline Paradox

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
Theme Park (DS)
« on: December 20, 2006, 11:24:24 am »
After being shocked to see this on a EU release date list, I instantly thought they were making another crappy spin-off like Theme Park: World. But no, the screens look very similar to the Amiga (or PC) original. Oh Happy Days!

Anyone care to remind me what the hand shake mini-game was about? Looking at those screens bring the memories back. If they can get this right, it's going to be above most other DS games on the To Do list

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Theme Park (DS)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 07:19:37 pm »
Sweet as I rememeber the SNES version used to rent it fromt he video store constantly because you couldn't buy it anywhere. The Handshake mini game wasn't in the SNES version but it was for negotiation with the union over pay disputes and crap. If you dont reach an agreement by the end of the time you ahve to go another month with you entire staff on strike.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 07:28:18 pm »
Looks somewhat entertaining. I might get it.  :)

Seems like something I'd add to the "When I'm bored in the car games" but that's necesarily a bad thing. Super Mario 64 DS is in that part of my collection.

Seems like something random for me to bring up.  :P

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 07:50:15 pm »
Nothing wrong with a when I'mbored in the car game or something like that i bought Meteos for that purpose. it's great on the train although my portable libarayis growing so much. i Bought Justice leauge Heros: The Flash yesterday for GBA. I read the other JLH's sucked on the other platforms but the flash version was half decent not great but half decent and well the flash! So I got that. But thats off topic I'll be playing this for weeks on end.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 11:37:50 am »
It does look pretty cool, but the fact it almost seems to be a straight port is a little disapointing.  Altough the original Theme Park was the best, it would have been nice to see some enhanced graphics.  And the hand shake mini-game was just about negotiating stock for goods and other items, you want to hold off the hand shake long enough to get a cheaper deal.

I'm still more excited about Sim City DS. 

Offline ArkServer

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Blushyface.com
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 10:19:10 am »
oh my G, do you know when they are going to release it? I rememer this game on my old 468dx2 66mhz LOL

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 11:35:04 pm »
I remember playing this back on the PS1. I thought it was fun to make roller coasters so insane that it causes the riders to fly out of the cars, and somehow they survive. I also enjoyed making it so that rides were set up so that when a person left one, they were instantly in line for the next...

Anyway, it's a shame it seems this is a direct port rather than an updated version. But if the controls are tight, then people will enjoy it, even if only for the nostalgia.

I'd really like to see Theme Hospital revived. On top of an already great and funny game, being able to play multiplayer with the DS's capabilities would be really fun. (As opposed to the headache that it was for the PC version, and being limited to your LAN)
Virus Buster.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 06:27:36 pm »
i was in EB yesterday I saw the DS version of Theme park has been released I ended up picking it up it's worth a look so far seems to be pretty much the same game still does nicely. Great for playing on the train.

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 04:39:06 am »
The guest in one of those screenshots has almost $40000 to spend??  :o

I remember this one from the summer of '95 as being somewhat entertaining. Depending on the price, I could be interested.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 09:04:21 am »
whow, that really looks interesting! i might get a DS for simcity and themepark when i have my new videocard! :D
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 05:52:17 pm »
An extra day to play it's as good as it was and its a game made for stylus use.

Offline ArkServer

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Blushyface.com
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 05:08:21 pm »
I might get this one later when i have time to spend playing on my DS

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 05:45:17 pm »
I'm up to the last park, i think it's the last one in any case the transition to the DS is really good. Although there is the occasional graphical glitch and on one occasion trying to bulldoze a roller coaster caused the game to freeze. Still having lots of fun with this.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 12:32:15 pm »
Yeah I got this over the summer. I really didn't get too into it. Rather boring compared to other games coming out, i s'pose.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 08:10:31 pm »
It's good for nostolgia thats about it.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 02:48:21 pm »
It's good for nostalgia thats about it.

Yeah, i think that's it. I didn't play it when I was younger. I was more into Roller Coaster Tycoon. (First one w/ corkscrew follies is still the best version).

Such as if any of the Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Land, First Legend of Zelda, Bomb-bomb, duck hunt, etc. Those kind of games would probably gain my interest more just from the nostalgia.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 02:22:48 pm »
This was one of my favorite games of all time back in the mid-90s when it first came out. There is just something fun about the graphics and the "tone" of the game, and who doesn't enjoy building an amusement park?

I haven't picked up the DS version yet, but I would be interested to see how it translated to the DS and if it still had that "something special" which made it so much fun.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2007, 02:25:18 pm »
I was tempted to pick this up when I was over in Manhattan. But I was surrounded by so many shiny DS games my mind was foggy and unclear.

So... Many... GAMES...
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 09:52:17 pm »
This was one of my favorite games of all time back in the mid-90s when it first came out. There is just something fun about the graphics and the "tone" of the game, and who doesn't enjoy building an amusement park?

I haven't picked up the DS version yet, but I would be interested to see how it translated to the DS and if it still had that "something special" which made it so much fun.

It's still good if you loved it last time you might enjoy it portable I never played all the way through the game so that made the game better for me this time around. Still it is more or less the same game.

Offline Paradox

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2007, 03:22:42 pm »
I completely burnt myself out on the game in just over a week, being on holiday I must have spent 3-4 hours a day solid on it and although it was really enjoyable I haven't felt like going back to it since. My main problem with the game is visitors getting stuck, I'm sure it's just a glitch the developers couldn't be bothered to fix and I hate having to delete a part of my water flume or race track just to free them.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 08:00:38 pm »
I have to admit finding stuck vistors was a pain sometimes as well espscially ones that get beind unmoveable rocks.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 11:42:41 am »
I have to admit finding stuck vistors was a pain sometimes as well espscially ones that get beind unmoveable rocks.

Oh I know. That was one of THE most annoying things. Why couldn't they just die and leave me alone like in RCT?  :P