Author Topic: The Hogfather  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
The Hogfather
« on: December 19, 2006, 04:07:25 am »
If anyone hasn't read the book, but watched sky one's remake, go and read it now!

Read it? Good, The voice actiong was terrible, Mr.Teatime spoke with a really creepy american accent, the auditors where cockney and death sounded senile. Also some of the plot was changed, instead of Mr.Teatime doing it because he wanted too, he did it to take over the world (if only Pinky and the brain had thought of that)
I'm trying to avoid mentioning specific scenes to avoid spoiling it for people, so has anyone else seen it?

What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: The Hogfather
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 06:16:40 am »
No because my parents decided to get rid of Sky while I was away from home. Anyone know where I can download or stream it?

<_<
>_>
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 07:06:04 am »
trust me, don't!
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 07:48:38 am »
I deliberately missed it, because I'm an ardent Pratchett fan and I knew they'd cock it up.

Offline Danger Mouse

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 12:10:44 am »
The Hogfather is a great read, personally I never watch a movie of the book if I enjoyed reading it.
Good Grief!

Offline thegreatloofa

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Back by unpopular demand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 04:20:36 am »
I found it to be very disjointed overall and difficult to make out what the wizards were saying as one specific complaint. Also Michelle Docherty looks the part as Susan but didn't act or sound it.

On a side note, Hogfather was the first Discworld I ever read, and I didn't understand what was going on when I read it. I think people watching the TV version feel much the same.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 01:46:12 pm »
Did anyone catch The Colour of Magic special?

I was pretty disappointed, truth be told. David Jason was a crap Rincewind; he was essentially Del Boy in a silly hat. The Patrician had an infuriating lisp and it just didn't feel overly true to the source material.

However, I did find it entertaining, even if my Pratchett gland was aching afterwards. The Archancellor was entertaining, and I think Trymon was done well.

EDIT: Cohen the Barbarian was superb.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 02:52:30 pm by Mr. Consideration »
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 01:06:02 pm »
Wasn't as good as the Hogfather, I'd admit. Did like Christopher Lee as Death and Tim Curry as Trymon. Shame they didn't include Tethys.

Seems the next one is Going Postal. Let's see if I can get from Wyrd Sisters to then by next year.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 02:21:25 pm »
Moist Von Lipwig should be interesting. Going Postal is a personal favourite of mine.

But why not earlier Discworld first? Where is my Sam Vimes?
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline blitzonator

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • A pic from the galactic zoo. What is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 03:38:07 pm »
Terry has raped his typewriter.