1 (4%)
Naukal wildlife
10 (40%)
More action pictures!
7 (28%)
Other
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Naukal - Now Part Of The NNTA  (Read 24112 times)

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Naukal - My New Spore Creature
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2006, 03:56:09 pm »
"I saw your city, and from what I have taken in and how I have been treated, I am giving this race an Achelsyik grade."

In response to Anenik's puzzled look, he replies, "that's good, you are eligible for all trades. It also means I can stay and write a report, you permitting of course."
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2006, 04:04:43 pm »
back for a bit.

now so i can get more into it i'm naming the soldiers,
captain: Tolero
1st class: Eudrial
#1:Cabtrol
#2:Briller
#3:Blas
#4:Uvacab

Cabtrol and Briller run after Eudrial while at the ship...

Blas"sir, we detect a ship they came in not too long ago"
Tolero"is it close"
Blas"no sir"
Tolero"do you no who owns it"
Blas"...no...I don't"
Tolero"then why do you bother me with this useless information"
Blas"..sorry sir"
Uvacab"don't worry about it, get some sleep, i'll take over"
Blas"yea you're right, might as well get some sleep,it's dark anyways"

Eudrial"well this is all very nice but I would rather see your village"*com opens*
Com//we are on the way, message sent, the others should have it, wait up for us//
Eudrial"*sigh*"
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2006, 04:28:48 pm »
To Alwayswatching:

Anenik: Sure, you can stay as long as you want. You and your people are welcomed here, and as soon news spreads, everywere else on Naujek.
Degtau: *to Anenik* We need to gather a team to go get a crate upriver. Grovy was kind enough to give us something to replace Giant swimmers for heavy lifting.
Anenik: *turns to Grovy* Thank you. I'll organise a group. How big is the crate?
Degtau: Very large. I'd say 39 Naukal to move it all the way back here.
Anenik: I'll call on 45, just in case. Better too many than too few. We'll meet you there. Which part of the river?
Degtau: About halfway up the Air branch. Don't worry, you'll know it when you see it, and Taulen's up there waiting for you.
Anenik: Thanks *swims back down to the city*
Degtau: *to Grovy* This might take a while. Would you like to see the rest of the city?

Nauani: Oh, OK. You're the guest here. Besides, it'll take a bit for everyone to gather. *swims up to one of the taller spires* These tall ones are where the tribe goes during the day, when it's too bright to see. *finds a large hole and swims in. Inside is a long tunnel leading into a round open room* This is a typical room. One room to each bonded pair and their unbound children. When two Naukal bond, they move out and get their own room. *swims out, then heads down to the base of the northern-most small spire* This is the school, where the oldest of us teach the young ones things like language, math, scociety, and wildlife. Sometimes a mid-aged Naukal will talk to an elder for insight on a problem or to learn more on something. *swims up to the upper-half of the spire* Up here is where we keep our writings. Thoughts, Knowlage, anything the writer doesn't want forgotten. The writer could be anyone, from young Hunters to the elders. I have a few things in here about the building of the southern city, and probably a few more after this encounter *smiles at the Anubian and swims off again*
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 04:56:52 pm by Darth Grievi »

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2006, 05:31:05 pm »
Eudrial"very nice..very nice"*picks up a document*"confused by the writing"mind if i keep this?"
*looks around and calls the other two"

briller"we have a message"
cabtrol"then put it on already"
Com//guess what i'm in the swamp leaders tribe, it seems to be moving but still in the primitive stages, they have documents i'll atempt to decipher them later, they have schools and seperate homes. they even have elders teaching the younge"
Briller"nice find now stay put we are almost there"
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2006, 06:18:36 pm »
Nauani: Sure. There's another copy of The Anatomy of Caraks in the Coral Reef tribe city South of us. If you want, I can teach you how to read, but a little later, *glances at the huge crowd gathered below* we have to go to the meeting. Don't worry, it'll be quick. You probably won't even have to say anything. All it's for is to let the city know you're here. Then the news will be spread by our messengers to the other cities nearby. Then their messengers will spread it further and so on. By the end of this tide, your existance and intentions will be common knowlage.

OOC: I guess this would be a good time to introduce Naukal writing.

Like our writing, the Naukal alphabet is phonetic, meaning one symbol to a sound.
The top line is the letter in the Naukal alphabet, the bottom is the closest approximation in sound to our language. Naukal pronounce words letter by letter, paying no attention to the letters surounding. Naukal is pronounced by the natives (n-ah-uh-k-ah-l) as opposed to (now-call) or (no-call) as it is sometimes said by non-native speakers.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 06:29:23 pm by Darth Grievi »

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2006, 06:52:25 pm »
Eudrial"no problem, now you say everyone will know of us by the end of the ides, that is rather quick. surely it must be longer then that"
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2006, 07:02:39 pm »
Nauani: Nah. The cities are close enough to each other to travel to in a day if you're a good swimmer. That's why the Messengers are allways younger Naukal with strong bodies. Besides that, there's still 23 days left in this tide.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2006, 02:01:01 am »
"Wait a minute..."

Apparently from nowhere, a round, flat hologram appears. It's top and bottom are covered with MILLIONS of different Omic letters. Grovy starts rapidly typing, somehow distinguishing letters that look the exact same.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2006, 10:37:50 am »
<----- omg 666th post :o

Degtau: Is that the report you mentioned earler?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 10:50:01 am by Darth Grievi »

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2006, 11:54:03 am »
"Well... I'm starting it anyway. Not much to write so far so I'm just about... done."

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2006, 12:39:33 pm »
Degtau: Ok, then, let's start the tour. *swims down to the sea floor between the smaller spires* As you've allready seen, these small coral towers are where all the trading of the city happens. Each elder builder has a single room in the coral for storing materials and products. Younger builders gather these materials from the area around us. One becomes an elder builder by not being chosen as a Tribe Leader and instead continues his or her job as builder. You see, jobs are chosen by age.
First, we hatch and learn. Then, after we've grown strong enough, we head out and become Hunters, because, let's face it, kids have a lot of energy. Don't worry about their safety, there's nothing dangerous up at this time of night. When we grow old enough to travel on our own, we become Messengers, spreading news and trading between cities. Not too long after we first go on land, we become Young Builders, gathering materials for the Elder Builders and learning the trade, be it tattooing, knife making, sewing, bone shaping, or anything else. After we reach the accepted age for bonding, we can either be chosen as leader, like Anenik, or become Elder Builders and actually make the products we gathered the materials for when we were younger. The Leader makes the big decisions, calls meetings, welcomes guests, organises groups, and chooses the next Leader. After that, we all become Mediators, helping the Leader make decisions, settling conflicts, and spreading the Leader's announcements around the city. Then we finally become Teachers, like myself, devoting our lives to discovering new things and teaching the young. Lastly comes the Final Reunion Ceremony on the day before our death, where all our children and our bond-parther gather as they say one final goodbye. Then comes death. What hapens after that is a matter of debate among us. Some say nothing happens and we simply pass away. Others say that we go to a paradise down below. Still others say we are reborn as Caraks or as a star in the sky. I guess we can never know for sure because no one ever comes back to tell us. We have no evidence to support or disproove any of the four ideas.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2006, 12:45:33 pm »
"Wow, what a very peaceful, balanced culture. As for the afterlife, I happen to know a professor in my race who has a theory. Try to understand, there is a universe for each and every possibility, infinite universes, infinite more universes always splitting from another. He says that in one universe a dead person will still be alive, but have knowledge of dying. Pity we cannot yet control inter-universal travel."

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2006, 01:19:52 pm »
Degtau: Hmmm... that's an interesting idea. I'll have to toss that one around at the next meeting, see what the other Teachers think. Speaking of which... *swims to the northern small spire* This is the city's school. The lower rooms are the classrooms, where teachers give lectures and help the young learn about things like Scociety, Math, Language, Health and it's sister subject, Biology. Both subjects deal with bodies, Health just focuses on Naukal ones. Teaching methods vary, but what the young learn is usually the same. Even after schooling, older Naukal will sometimes ask a Teacher for his or her insight on a problem or to confirm what they have discovered is indeed new. The upper rooms are where we keep all the documents writen in the area and sometimes copies of documents written in other cities. One doesn't have to be a Teacher to have a document saved. In fact *swims into one of the tunnels and comes out with a couple of pages of shark-skin sewn together* This story was written by a young Hunter about an adventure with a talking Carak named *reads a little bit* Hakani. Fictional of course, but a nice bedtime story for the young.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2006, 01:31:50 pm »
"Interesting... I'd be interested to study your technology though. Are you familiar with electricity? Fire? Hydroelectric energy?"

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2006, 02:05:39 pm »
Degtau: I don't know about those other two things you said, but I know about fire. It's a big problem for the builders who use wood. Diring a bad storm, sometimes there will be a spark from the lightning, then there's a huge WHOOSH and the fire starts up. We usually try to put it out with water before it burns up all the Tree-cones. If we don't catch it in time, it'll keep burning untill it runs out of fuel. Then we have to import seed pods to replant the forest. About the technology, these coral spires don't grow here. We cut down dead ones from the Warm Seas and use those slow Giant Swimmers Taulen mentioned earlier to bring them over here. For stuff we build, we can have a look around the trading post and see what the others are making and bringing in, because the only things I have with me are my neck-belt *tugs at it a bit, then opens two of the pockets and pulls out the contents* some paper, my coral writing quill, and my knife, just in case. *they swim to the other two spires and have a look at the various tools and ornaments being traded around* There's some spears coming in from the Island tribe... Some nets from up north... Bone needles, buttons, and decorations from the Beach tribe, and oh! Hold on a second. *swims to one of the shops and comes back with a greenish bowl with etched in patterns* A beautiful Shell-swimmer bowl for back home *stuffs it into the Neck-belt's largest pocket* anyway, over there is a new shipment of paper for the schools, and some bow string and syringe bulbs from the beach, too. Hmmm... the only things I don't see are nets, rope, and string. Or syringes either, but that can be expected because no one's doing a Land-venture tonight. Land... I nearly forgot. If there is't anything else you want to see, we should meet up with the moving team upriver.