1 (4%)
Naukal wildlife
10 (40%)
More action pictures!
7 (28%)
Other
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Naukal - Now Part Of The NNTA  (Read 24116 times)

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Naukal - My New Spore Creature
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2006, 02:19:04 pm »
"The team you sent to pick up the crate? Fine."
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2006, 02:42:15 pm »
*the pair swim back upriver to find the team just getting the crate into the river, among them are Taulen and Anenik*

Degtau: Good, we're not to late to help. *walks over and helps push the crate all the way in*
Anenik: Ok everyone, let's stop and take a little rest. The hardest part's over.

*the team pauses and goes into the water to rest and prepare for the next stage of the moving*

Degtau: Taulen, did you learn anything new about the crate?
Taulen: Not much. There's a bunch of stuff inside, but I can't figure out what.
Degtau: Don't worry. We'll figure that out when we get it back and open it.
Taulen: How?
Degtau: Good question. *looks at Grovy*

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2006, 03:01:31 pm »
"What? You expect something complicated? Hehe. It's jut a thin walled hollow crate, just break it open."

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2006, 03:37:18 pm »
Degtau: Oh...
Anenik: Ok everyone. Let's get this thing to the shoreline.

*the group reforms around the crate and begins to push it down the river. with the current helping them, they get it to the shore in no time*

Anenik: Nearly home. One more rest then we'll start the final push.

*after one last rest, the Naukal team carries the crate to the center of the city, where Anenik makes a speech*

Anenik: Attention, my fellow Naukal! This crate is a gift from Grovy of the Omic! The opening of which signifies a new era of friendship between our peoples. Those of you who are visiting from other cities, when you head home tell everone you know about this momentous event!

Degtau: *to herself* Boy, he sure knows how to make a big deal out of something.

Anenik: Degtau, Taulen, the first of our people to make contact, and Grovy, the first Omic visitor to our city, please come up here and help me open the crate.
*the three swim up and break open the crate*

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2006, 03:45:24 pm »
In the box, there is a wide selection of sealed charts, scripts and blueprints, there are examples of rocks needed to make special hulls sealed in watertight containers, there are instructions, actually written in Naukal script (put together from Taulen's knowledge of the writing, as when Grovy saw him and scanned his mind for the language, he also transmitted writing). There are handy maps pointing out minerals all over the planet, model engines and vehicles, and a small electricity generator.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2006, 04:02:13 pm »
*The Teachers of the tribe swim up and begin to inspect the contents.*
Taulen: *studying the instructions* It'll take about a tide to spread the news and begin gathering materials. I'd say the first of these will begin production in about 2 tides, but then the current will be helping us along.
Anenik: *nods, then turns to Grovy* How can we thank you for this gift?

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2006, 04:05:42 pm »
Grovy shrugs. "I dunno, if you ever become a large power in galactic affairs, then you can pay us back."

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2006, 04:20:11 pm »
*Anenik nods again then swims off to help with the crate's contents*

Degtau: Now that you've learned about us and seen the city, would it be allright of I saw were you're from?

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2006, 05:52:08 pm »
Quick update before I leave:

Vision range of the Naukal. Note: vision and eyelight ranges extend farther than shown. Lantern and tenticals removed for ease of viewing.

Vision Naukal eyes see a nearly 180 degree arc to each side to look for prey. They have binocular vision to the front. Vertical range is the same as humans. They are color-blind to blues, but very sensetive to reds, yellows, and greens. Because of this, the word for "blue" in Naukal is the same as the word for "grey". Naukal have developed an unusuall way to cope with the vision problems that come with a water creature trying to see on land. Normally, they would be near-sighted, as air doesn't bend light as much as water does. They solve this by using their third eyelid, like those found on sharks and various reptiles, like a set of glasses. The thickened, clear membrane bends the light the same way a layer of water would, improving the Naukal's vision.

Eyelights The light-producing organs below the eyes let off a beam of red light, which is used by the Naukal like a pair of searchlights. Since red light is filtered out in the deep ocean, creatures who live down there often have red pigments which makes them appear black in their native habitat. They also don't bother trying to see the red light and have lost the red-sensing cells in their eyes. So the beams from the eyelights not only highlight their prey, but are invisible to the fish. When not needed, a flap of skin moves up and covers it, like an eyelid.

Lantern The single lantern above their heads has a dual purpose. The first is to lure fish into catching distance by appearing to be a small, aggitated cloud of the bioluminecent plankton that draws the deep-water fish to the surface in the first place. This isn't used as much anymore. The other function is to help identify individuals by slight differences in color and brightness, in addition to tentical banding, voice, and overall facial features.

I'm leaving for the weekend to celebrate New Years. I might post once or twice, but no major updates untill Monday
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 05:56:14 pm by Darth Grievi »

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2007, 09:53:01 pm »
I'm back, partially to bump and partially to ask a question...

If I had another sapient species in the same system as my Naukal, would it be better to create a seperate thread because they're unlikely to interact with the Naukal, or do both species in the same thread because they're in the same solar system?  ???

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2007, 09:56:54 pm »
Yeah create a new thread If you like.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2007, 05:13:01 pm »
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=8055.0

Here they are! The Naukal call their planet Caksni or "big light" because it's smoggy, cloudy atmosphere reflects sunlight like our Venus. They're just below space age so they might have a visit over here in the near future.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2007, 08:50:02 am »
Eudrial"well lets get this meeting under way*he step out into the open and then spots two beings swimming towards him"
Briller"we finnaly got here"
Cabtrol" hmm not  very advance"
Eudrial" on second thought i think i cannont join"*he gives a hidden command at the two too follow him"
*all three step into a building and turn off the translators*
Eudrial"as you can see the place is perfect for the taking, defences are weak and by the looks thier communcation is still primative"
Blas"do i informed the general"
Eudrial"he is far to busy for this, we can take this by ourselves"
Cabtrol" and how we are still small compared to the planet getting the word will take a while"
Eudrial" control would be gradual, if we move through the villiges our word can spread"
Blas"now all we need is something to breck it to them without getting our heads ripped of"
Eudrial"they seem nice, maybe we can..convince them with power or technology"
Cabtrol"yea that can easily work, no what to impress them with"
*all three think*
Eudrial"an E-9 would be far to hard to get"
Blas"how about the ship, just having something floating would baffle them"
Cabtrol"now..how do we go about this"
*all three sigh and continue to think*
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2007, 12:01:23 pm »
*Nauani quietly calls over one of his mediators*
Nauani: This is starting to get me nervous. Now there are three of them.
Mediator: So? what's wrong with that?
Nauani: Nothing obvious, anyway. But think about it, how many messengers do you send to give news to a city?
Mediator: one.
Nauani: Exactly. It suggests they have more in mind than saying hi. I don't know what, though.
Mediator: Maybe it's just to gather more information.
Nauani: Maybe, but this "secret meeting" *nods to the Anubian's spire* I think they don't want us to know something.
Mediator: They might just be unsure of wether to come to the meeting.
Nauani: Either way, keep alert, and send out those messengers early. Tell them and the rest of the city that we have visitors and we're not too sure about their intentions, but keep that last bit in code. Say that they "will be greeted by the two lanterns". The other leaders will get it.
Mediator: Right away. *swims off*

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2007, 05:25:48 pm »
The Naukal have become part of the NNTA  ;D