Author Topic: Youtube Video Bonanza  (Read 836624 times)

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
Re: Youtube Video Bonanza
« Reply #5085 on: October 02, 2009, 10:11:50 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=975Zw8BJ3Vg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=975Zw8BJ3Vg</a>

Cool art style.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: October 02, 2009, 10:38:37 pm »
Oh god that is epic.
Also,
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3JKo3gOVjU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3JKo3gOVjU</a>

You'll never know why.
<_< ¯\[ ◕O ◕]/¯ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #5087 on: October 03, 2009, 06:22:18 pm »
That's a game, right?

It kinda lacks something seen in modern trailers... OOH!  A hint of a plot!

Seriously, what could it be?  Dude in spaceship?  Not the most fulfilling setup in the world.

Also notice how linear the game is.  Every clip is either shoot things, dodge things, or run from things.  Not exactly unique.  The game is advertising what exactly?  No plot, stale gameplay, generic, simplistic graphics, what's the appeal?  The only thing I'd play it fore is the music at this point.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: October 03, 2009, 06:29:31 pm »
you havnt played many old school games have you? >.>

this game looks like a shmup with awesome art design

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #5089 on: October 03, 2009, 06:38:19 pm »
I've spent as much time on my NES as I have on my PS2 and Wii combined, thank you very much.  Not to mention my Genesis.

My point is that it is OUTDATED.  So it has a bigger resolution than the 8-bit games.  So what?  We've learned a lot about the industry since the 70s and indy designers are cranking out stuff a ton more innovative than the big companies.  In the end, that's all that indy games have going for them.  Innovation is the one thing that makes an indy title stand out, since the corps and bigwigs have the rest of the awards.  If an indy game lacks something, some new mechanic that has the pull needed to drag people away from their Halos and Diablos and Maddens, that's when I stop caring.

Offline Mr. President

• Wizard of Wor
  • Obama Delta Hurricane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: October 03, 2009, 07:04:06 pm »
I've spent as much time on my NES as I have on my PS2 and Wii combined, thank you very much.  Not to mention my Genesis.

My point is that it is OUTDATED.  So it has a bigger resolution than the 8-bit games.  So what?  We've learned a lot about the industry since the 70s and indy designers are cranking out stuff a ton more innovative than the big companies.  In the end, that's all that indy games have going for them.  Innovation is the one thing that makes an indy title stand out, since the corps and bigwigs have the rest of the awards.  If an indy game lacks something, some new mechanic that has the pull needed to drag people away from their Halos and Diablos and Maddens, that's when I stop caring.

Oh god that is epic.
Also,
]
Hey! That’s my shtick.

And dnd stop being a brockway. He game is post modern, that is its reimaging the spirit of old school games with the power of the new . Have you ever seen Loco Roco or Patapon? Those games pushed the boundaries of what a game entailed and both achieved immense critical success despite there relative simplicity, there sequels are pang out to do even more. The story shows something ultimate, in the style of samurai jack or even old Japanese wood cuts. And infected evil that can and must be stopped by a hero. It’s one of those things that gets epic music not to season it, but because of its inherit values and beauties as a form of art, this game exemplifies everything about the media that is right an should show the world how self induced limits and dictums only block off personal gain and true art. In other words

EPIC AWESOME!
No, get a label gun and shoot them with labels like "Bad guy #1" "Bad guy #2" Slightly badder guy" "Guy that thinks he is bad but is really good and just confused"

Hopefully a joke.

Beat ya to it opera.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #5091 on: October 03, 2009, 07:08:09 pm »

He game is post modern, that is its reimaging the spirit of old school games with the power of the new . The story shows something ultimate, in the style of samurai jack or even old Japanese wood cuts. And infected evil that can and must be stopped by a hero.

Hunh?  Where do you see any of that?  That's the art, not the story.  Be consistent with something other than the word epic for a change.

Offline Mr. President

• Wizard of Wor
  • Obama Delta Hurricane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: October 03, 2009, 07:42:23 pm »

The game is post modern, that is, it is a reimaging of the spirit of old school games with the power of the new . The story shows something ultimate, in the style of samurai jack or even old Japanese wood cuts. An infection of evil that can and must be stopped by a hero.

Hunh?  Where do you see any of that?  That's the art, not the story.  Be consistent with something other than the word epic for a change.

Damn MS Spellcheck!
No, get a label gun and shoot them with labels like "Bad guy #1" "Bad guy #2" Slightly badder guy" "Guy that thinks he is bad but is really good and just confused"

Hopefully a joke.

Beat ya to it opera.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #5093 on: October 03, 2009, 11:29:07 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbaNYWkQYYA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbaNYWkQYYA</a>

You cats have a lot to learn about dancing.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: October 04, 2009, 05:45:06 am »

I think that is suppose to be old school. Heck Old is the New New in this damn age. And i have to say the game looks great on the video. Stylized crisp graphics that beats the hell out of most big budget productions with there warped view of photo realism. But then again i am a sucker for this kind of graphics. I am not sure i would like that game that much but it could be fun. Especially if there some puzzle elements to it. Having little to no story would not hurt me ether. The best story in a game only about measures up to a ok book anyway and games are mainly about game play.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #5095 on: October 04, 2009, 10:02:37 am »
wtf @ 6:15...

I can't imagine anyone actually doing that.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: October 04, 2009, 11:39:45 am »
Oh i missed you post Mr. President. I agree with you. And this game seem to be in the good Post Modern style rather classical remake style that is pop with both big game companies and Hollywood these days.
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: October 04, 2009, 05:07:42 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOt2Qp0H9G8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOt2Qp0H9G8</a>

H'okay.  We officially have the best primeminister ever.

Also, I've decided that the greatest thing that could ever happen is if a bunch of world leaders got together and started a band.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: October 04, 2009, 05:40:36 pm »
Also, I've decided that the greatest thing that could ever happen is if a bunch of world leaders got together and started a band.
Best idea ever people.

-EDIT-Obama could play the drums! Or the flute, either one.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 05:42:16 pm by rysworld »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #5099 on: October 05, 2009, 07:19:44 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LniPZTtSHXU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LniPZTtSHXU</a>

I want nobody, nobody but you...

I want nobody, nobody but you...