Author Topic: Very Abstract thought here  (Read 30593 times)

Offline Syncmasterk

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Very Abstract thought here
« on: March 19, 2005, 08:29:18 am »
now i know we can have war like creatures but do you think it would be possible for some of the smarter sentient creatures to control other creatures (like horses)?

I got my name from a computer monitor

Offline Huasat

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Very Abstract thought here
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 08:32:21 am »
doesn't seem that abstract to me...  ;)

And, in my (un) informed opinion, the answer is most likely:

maybe.

We do know that the "UFO" can be used to abduct and modify other, non-sentient creatures. Thats one example of a control over other beings.

Offline Syncmasterk

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 08:33:42 am »
like it would be a cool feature for an expansion pack (if EA has any say in it) and it would also change how we would play the RTS style game. I think it's abstract just because i doubt it will be done :P

P.S.

i didnt want posts like "that's crazy" or "he's gone TOO FAR"

:P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 08:35:57 am by Syncmasterk »

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 08:43:09 am »
Interesting.  I think this game is past the, "Wright's gone too far" stage.  I don't doubt that this is a consideration for the game.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 08:43:35 am »
Why would it need to be in an expansion, and why does everyone keep saying that? Think about it a domisticated animal is just an animal who's behavior patterns have changed to accomodate the dominance of a different species. Sounds like something that is well within the programing of the AI they talk about.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 08:45:45 am »
Why would it need to be in an expansion, and why does everyone keep saying that? Think about it a domisticated animal is just an animal who's behavior patterns have changed to accomodate the dominance of a different species. Sounds like something that is well within the programing of the AI they talk about.

Because if there's one thing i loathe about Maxis it's that they are adamant that for each little change or "new feature" they add into games an expansion pack needs to be made.  But i doubt they will go so expansion pack crazy for Spore, it's too big for all that.

Offline Syncmasterk

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 08:48:37 am »
Yeah this thought came about because i wonder how smart the sentient beings will be and how they will adapt to situations. will they be able (if they do not have a weapon) to use a stick as a weapon things like that

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 08:49:08 am »
Eh, I just don't see the whole expansion thing coming into play for this game. Especially for such mundane things like your creatures having sheep and stuff. I'm sure there will be stuff that they realized they could have added. Hopefully they will realize they have this established database they use for everyone else creations and they just send us the updates through that.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 08:52:55 am »
I would love little "data patches" which give us some nice little extra features, that would be cool.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2005, 08:55:49 am »
They'd be fools not to have 'em. EVERY other Massive Online Game out there does. I just don't see a "Spore: Pets" or "Spore: University" out there. heh, "Spore: Universe" and you though one galaxy was tough to manage  ;)

Offline Jayce

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2005, 09:32:34 am »
They'd be fools not to have 'em. EVERY other Massive Online Game out there does. I just don't see a "Spore: Pets" or "Spore: University" out there. heh, "Spore: Universe" and you though one galaxy was tough to manageá ;)

Spore isn't an MMO though. That being said nor was The Sims yet they added expansions. It's hard to see what they would add in an expansion as you start as a microrganism and end up traveling the universe in the initial release. I mean you can't add more planets as they area ll ready all there as far as I can tell, you can't add new species as you can make them all yourself.Any expansion IMHO would have to add a new concept to the game itself rather then updating something that already exists, ie the domesticating of creatures would count but there would have to be a tonj of other stuff to to make it worthwhile.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2005, 09:34:36 am »
I didn't say it was an MMO, MMO's are multiplayer.

Offline Achereon

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2005, 10:36:32 am »
I wonder if there's different sexes in the game. And if you would be able to see the difference between a male and a female.

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 11:43:59 am »
I was wondering about reproduction, does EVERYTHING lay eggs? From what I've seen I'd guess so. I suppose Will Wright decided on that cause it's less messy.

Offline Achereon

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 11:58:21 am »
I was wondering about reproduction, does EVERYTHING lay eggs? From what I've seen I'd guess so. I suppose Will Wright decided on that cause it's less messy.
I guess I won't be able to create humans then...