Author Topic: Wii codes NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  (Read 1106 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Wii codes NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
« on: December 14, 2006, 09:48:06 pm »
http://wii.ign.com/articles/750/750994p1.html

I was reading a preview of the new PokEmon game for the Wii over at the IGN. All seemed fine until I read this:
Strangely, despite the Wii hardware having its own friend list, Battle Revolution uses its own, independent friend list. Each game includes a unique 12-digit friend code, different from your Wii system number. To create a friend, both sides have to input the other's code.

Why Nintendo, why? It's hard enough just getting friends set up for the Wii now we have to do for games too? What's the point, you think we would trust the people who are on are friends list already. "Sorry dude I don't trust you enough to battle PokEmon with you but here have some more Miis." What kind of gorilla logic is going on here? Sony does this same stupid thing except minus the friends codes.

What's wrong with a unified friends list? Nintendo and Sony just needs to see what MS is doing with 360 and copy the hell out of it. Blarg, my only hope is that other Wii online games won't do what PokEmon is doing.

I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Wii codes NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 07:51:35 am »
http://wii.ign.com/articles/750/750994p1.html

I was reading a preview of the new PokEmon game for the Wii over at the IGN. All seemed fine until I read this:
Strangely, despite the Wii hardware having its own friend list, Battle Revolution uses its own, independent friend list. Each game includes a unique 12-digit friend code, different from your Wii system number. To create a friend, both sides have to input the other's code.

Why Nintendo, why? It's hard enough just getting friends set up for the Wii now we have to do for games too? What's the point, you think we would trust the people who are on are friends list already. "Sorry dude I don't trust you enough to battle PokEmon with you but here have some more Miis." What kind of gorilla logic is going on here? Sony does this same stupid thing except minus the friends codes.

What's wrong with a unified friends list? Nintendo and Sony just needs to see what MS is doing with 360 and copy the hell out of it. Blarg, my only hope is that other Wii online games won't do what PokEmon is doing.

From what I recall, the Pokemon game actually works with the Wii / DS combination and the DS utilized individual Wii codes; therefore, you would have to use another Friend Code to play it.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
Re: Wii codes NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 10:03:34 am »
Everyone must make Miis with friend codes as names.  That will work.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!