Poll

place holder

place holder
place holder

Author Topic: The Draki - Tribal Stage - OOC thread  (Read 7440 times)

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
Re: The Draki - Voting Thread - Drake 3 team project
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 02:41:44 pm »
Weres the nose?
I don't think they would have a "nose".  Their air tubes are no where near their mouth.  They might be able to "taste" the air like a snake does, but that would require them to actively wave their "hand" around instead of passively smelling as they inhaled.

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 02:57:57 pm »
Hey guys!  I answered all these questions way back when I presented the Draki, before it was even named the Draki in this thread: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?action=post;quote=262511;topic=7515.45;num_replies=130;sesc=de72e2afca7708f07960e9e539598c58

Here's the post from it:

Podling Sapien

Well that was faster than expected.  This is the version I'm hoping would be the sapient version of the podling.  It has a "face" on each of the 4 sides of it's body consisting of 2 eyes and new, recently developed organs.  The long tubular organ above the eyes ends in a hole and is now the way that the podlings breath, no longer through their appendage.  It also features as their means of communication, projecting horn-like sounds, they can articulate through the constricting and retracting muscles inside that can close off the openings.  Also they have ears, on either side of the base of these organs.  They smell through receptors directly within their arm/mouth appendage.

It should be noted that althou podlings reproduce sexually, it's not the way you'd normally think of it.  Podlings lay smaller pods that can anchor into the ground, the pods release their spores into the air which pollinate other pods.  Each pod gets pollinate and a nutrient sack within feeds the growth of up to 3 baby podlings within the pod.  The pod then grows brittle and the babies crack it open and begin to  move about.  This is how they have reproduced in past generation, it may change with a special vote perhaps?  But I think it would be interesting to leave the reproduction they way it is.

EDIT- Also, I forgot to mention that when standing on 3 legs the forth leg can be used as if it's an arm or they can stand on two legs and their hand-appendage and use the other 2 legs as arms.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2006, 03:48:38 am »
So first I am necroing this thread.

Secondly I will continue my discussion that I started at the main thread.

What other things you think Drake 3 could use? How more can we expand our project and what more information is needed? I will gladly add cool things if you have any suggestions.

I think we should add once in a while mainly when we are in early history a little more variety to Drake that evolved on the last generation. We need more plants and trees real fast, perhaps some more unique creatures evolving from our latest creations and animals that can be found in specific places to make it more realistic.

Share your thoughts.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Re: The Draki - Tribal Stage - OOC thread
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2006, 06:51:43 am »
I agree that we need more creatures and plants. Mainly plants and insects, we really lack both insects and everything that counts as a plant. And I think we should make some kind of list with all organisms that is still alive, I dont say that you need to kill any creature, its just that that im not sure which of the oldest creatures that still lives.

By the way, I changed the name of the thread.
@davidramnero

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2006, 06:55:42 am »
I recommend making a biome map:

or

It can help determine what organisms look like, where they live, and how they interact with each other.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2006, 06:58:55 am »
I know we need one, its just that, Im not good at creating maps that makes sense, with heigth differences and such, and I dont know if someone on the team knows how either.
@davidramnero

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2006, 07:30:00 am »
I am not really good at this either but maybe I would give it a try later. We do have primitive version of those someone made once.
Thanks for the advice by the way Oviraptor.

And Huck I agree. We do need to put things into order including creature alive or not. And about the insects and plants because I am still waiting with my next gen I think I will create a few later today and post them back in the old Drake thread.
We do have some kind of insects you made though, just not a lot of them.
After thinking about it we can even add new plants and insects in the future claming they were only discovered then if we need to.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2006, 11:39:10 pm »
Yea I think thats the best way to solve this. And I understand that the tribal phase is a bit slow right now, were closing into christmas so people have other more important things to do, Im sure that we will be back at normal pace next year.
@davidramnero

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2006, 12:46:39 am »
Yeah I guess you are right Huck. Its probably the holidays.

And about the Biome map. I gave it a go and then I realized our map is pretty much divided to Biomes already the way Huck made it so there is no need.
I only have one problem with our current map. The world is round yet the two sizes don't match properly. Is it because there is a little more sea in the edges or is there another reason?

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2006, 08:39:25 am »
That map isnt that good, it havent got any regions and its kinda hard to understand... we really need a new one. And the edges dont match because Im not good at creating maps, maybe we should ask someone outside the team to create one for us?
@davidramnero

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2006, 09:04:30 am »
Sure, good idea. Ovi, anyone :)?

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2006, 10:18:52 am »
Yea it would be great if Ovi could make one, if he has time that is.
@davidramnero

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2006, 10:37:29 am »
Although I'd love to make your map, I don't have the time. Each map I make take a few hours to do, and with Sagan in full swing (especially with the reform), It would be hard for me to find the time. I may be able to give you pointers though. I may have some in-development pictures somewhere.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2006, 10:45:56 am »
Oh thats ok, do you know someone who are a good map creator? We could use someone who are skilled at it.

I may be able to give you pointers though. I may have some in-development pictures somewhere.

That would be great! Maybe it can help us to create on on our own.
@davidramnero