Author Topic: Your most hated bands!  (Read 14331 times)

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
Re: Your most hated bands!
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 09:24:46 am »
Oh, and I hate Slipknot. They cant play instruments, they just bang them out of tune and one of their members doesnt play an instrument, hes job is to help the others destroy their instruments. One of the singers can sing, the other one is rubbish.

Now I will probably be flamed because I attacked one of the geek comunities most loved band. And it feels good.
I suppose you'd like to believe that there's something controversial about disliking a band as indefensibly bad as Slipknot? I think you might have "geeks" confused with 14-year-old mall goths.

You cant say that Wu-tang Clan lack musical skill, they are musical geniouses.
Wu-tang Clan lack musical skill. Oops!

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 10:26:04 am »
You cant say that! Thats against the laws of physic!
@davidramnero

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 06:50:31 pm »
I like all music (from Classical to Techno to Alternative Rock). However, lately there is stuff that I, well, do not like.

• SOME rap. Tupac and others were good because they wrote about something other than booty, crack, and popos.
  • Panic!, Fall out boy, whiney-sounding bands.
  • Hardcore Punk (minus the Ramones and older ones). It really is senseless yelling.
  • Metal and whatever prefixes/suffixes you add to it.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 08:31:47 pm »
It seem´s like the whole geek comunity hates Hiphop/rap, except me... You cant say that Wu-tang Clan lack musical skill, they are musical geniouses.

Oh, and I hate Slipknot. They cant play instruments, they just bang them out of tune and one of their members doesnt play an instrument, hes job is to help the others destroy their instruments. One of the singers can sing, the other one is rubbish.

Now I will probably be flamed because I attacked one of the geek comunities most loved band. And it feels good.

Listen to their drummer sometime. He's great at it. not the "percussionist", by the way.
And the guitar is not for solos or melodies, it's rhythm guitar to fill in the empty sound area left by the other instruments. And listen to the pulse of the maggots solo and then tell me how much of a guitarist he is. And I think they have 2 backing vocalists...Corey Taylor is lead though.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 09:07:53 pm »
For reasons unknown I have a grudge against Green Day.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 12:14:49 am »
I don't like "MTV artists", thoose artist who gets played on MTV all the time and are everywere on their website, like Blink 192, Green Day, Black Eyed Peas, 50 cent and so on.
@davidramnero

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2006, 12:36:13 am »
Listen to their drummer sometime. He's great at it. not the "percussionist", by the way.
And the guitar is not for solos or melodies, it's rhythm guitar to fill in the empty sound area left by the other instruments. And listen to the pulse of the maggots solo and then tell me how much of a guitarist he is. And I think they have 2 backing vocalists...Corey Taylor is lead though.
"They have a good drummer" is such a cop-out argument for defending a bad band.
Quote from: Dr. David Thorpe
Dave Matthews Band
The Best Of What's Around Volume 1

The Dave Matthews band is the ultimate example of the “good drummer law.” If ever you say something bad about a band and somebody says “yeah, well they had a really good drummer,” the band is even worse than you thought, and the person who made the remark is mentally unfit to be considered human. It is the ultimate weak-ass argument, and it is the last resort of the truly ****ing clueless.

Take pity on the poor soul who invokes the good drummer. Buy him a lollypop and a copy of Phil Collins’ “No Jacket Required,” and mercifully prod him into the nearest active volcano.
Metal guitar solos, as a rule, are bad. Nu metal ones, more so. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that this is no exception unless someone proves otherwise by linking to the song...

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 03:22:59 am »
I used to like Green Day, now I don't know why.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2006, 06:51:04 am »
I agree with Bastardman, "They have a good drummer" doesnt save Slipknot from being one of the lousiest bands alive. But I dont agree that Nu Metal guitarr solo's suck, because most Nu Metal bands doesnt have guitarr solo's in their songs, so you cant complain about something that doesnt excist.
@davidramnero

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2006, 09:09:52 am »
I didn't say that most of them did. But most isn't all. When they do go ahead and attempt a guitar solo, they'll generally butcher it pretty badly.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006, 02:17:24 am »
Not all metal solos suck. Here are a few good ones:

Metallica's Kirk Hammett
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OpkyAEk4m0Q

Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z47_OUfcK6U
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HFh8noEepU4

Solo from Dragonforce's Through the Fire and the Flames
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tqYjqyHnVNs

But then metal solos often differ from traditional rock solos because they often involve shredding and fret tapping.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 02:21:18 am by Daxx »

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 09:12:31 am »
Yeah, okay, I'm not saying they don't have skill. My problem with metal guitar solos in particular (and it's not that I hate metal by any means) is that they're so masturbatory. They usually just come across as an excuse to go "hey, check out my manual dexterity," without really adding anything to the song. The likes of that Hammett solo are what I'm talking about here. A lot of Metallica's early stuff features this kind of soloing, but when you listen to their later work, when they stop relying on that, you start notice how little they actually have going for them beyond Hammett's ability to move around a fret board.

The Dragonforce one is pretty decent though. It actually sounds like music.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006, 06:23:46 pm »
Good point...but still. get the G3 dvd with Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, and Yngwie Malmsteen. Watch them. They are probably the most technically proficient guitarists alive.

Although they can do some work on making it sound better.
Personally I like the song "The mystical potato head groove thing"

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2006, 06:41:17 am »
I don't like "MTV artists", thoose artist who gets played on MTV all the time and are everywere on their website, like Blink 192, Green Day, Black Eyed Peas, 50 cent and so on.

I would like to add Justin Timberlake, the worst artist ever. OHHH I HATE HIM SO MUCH! did anyone of you watch the MTV awards in Denmark when he was the host? He was such a bitch and full of himself. He's the worst MTV Artist ever to walk the earth.
@davidramnero

Offline Jagon

• Battlezone Captain
  • Pochemu ludi pischut pa Ruskimu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 04:13:29 pm »
I hate all the bitches on VH1 rock countdown.

Especially the ones who wear makeup. Chilli Peppers is ok tho.