Random updates
3 (21.4%)
1 (7.1%)
0 (0%)
1 (7.1%)
0 (0%)
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: The Gockets and other creatures  (Read 44252 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
The Gockets and other creatures
« on: December 06, 2006, 11:36:41 am »
This isn't my first or main idea for an intelligent creature, but I'm going to start with it anyways. But first, an explanation about my creatures. All of my drawings suck, or at least they aren't as good as I want them to be. But I can sculpt a little better than I can draw, so...

This is a Gocket

The Gockets are a generally peaceful and easy going race of skinny, monopod amphibians. Their home planet is dominated by marshes, swamps and bogs. The three spikes attached to the bottom of their heads are sensory organs that use sonar to help a Gocket find its way through the murky waters of their planet.

Like I said, these aren't my main creatures, but if you want, I could go into a little more detail.

Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Re: The Gockets and other creatures
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 11:40:38 am »
geezleweez! that creature looks very NICE! i wish i could sculp like that. its.. its just so beautifull...

nice original body design, and those 3 spikes hanging under its chin gives it a nice extraterestial feeling.
nice work there buddy! keep up the good work and i'll follow all your creatures till i die! ;)
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 11:59:56 am »
Nice job :)

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 12:34:31 pm »
awesome  ;D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 10:24:13 pm »
All of your clay creatures are so cool :D

Spore Wiki - Inkling
http://www.sporewiki.com/Category:Creations_by_Inkling

Offline El_Buro

• Revenging Yar
  • Crusher of spines.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 10:45:07 pm »
Coolnessesssesssseseeessssss! ;)

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 01:13:50 am »
The Fred . . . LOL ! :D

they have no limbs or appendages
The Fredonian god looks much like a faun from Earth's mythology. They believe that their god created their world, solar system, and possibly other stars and planets, but not the entire universe. The rest of the universe was created by millions of other gods, but these cannot be known. The Fredonians believe that they were created by their god purely for his amusement. Therefore, morals are rather lax. Things that would be seen as immoral by other races, are allowed in some cases, so long as they can be portrayed as being amusing to the god. The Fredonians believe that in early times, their god would directly control one primitive Fredonian, but now guides all Fredonians indirectly.
Somebody had to do it.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 10:51:29 am »
Thanks everyone! Yay, Hydromancer thinks my stuff is cool! ;D

Haha, you found Fred

He started as a joke in my creature thread over at sporesite.com, but kinda took on a life of his own. If I can pull it off, the Freds will be my main creatures. I think it would be fun to take over the galaxy with what looks like a rather angry pea.  But they aren't the most creative creature, so that's why I have things like the Gocket.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 09:08:10 pm »
Ok, time to bring back my creature thread.  I'm really more interested in making up the creatures than going into great detail like many of you have done, but if you want more info on any of them, I'll see what I can do.
This is an old one that I've had elsewhere, but it's probably new to most of you.  I'll be doing some truly new stuff soon, if time permits.

The Cyleek:

The Cyleek are a mysterious but highly respected race. They are bipeds with a single large eye and a beak-like mouth at the top of their head. Their technology appears to be relatively primitive, but this isn't due to a lack of intelligence. The majority of Cyleeks simply see no reason for most technology, and are content with a simple life. They are known for being great thinkers and philosophers. Species from across the galaxy travel to the Cyleek homeworld to learn from the great Cyleek teachers. The Cyleeks who are interested in technology and material wealth usually leave the planet and make vast fortunes working for other civilizations. Other Cyleeks have left the planet to become advisors to the rulers of several interplanetary governments.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 07:56:47 am »
Oh nice.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 04:28:15 pm »
awesome
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 04:36:08 pm »
:o....
Wow!
Pretty!
KEEP WORKING!
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2007, 02:56:11 pm »
thanks.  I'll add at least one more soon, either tomorrow or on the weekend.  I'm working on a rather dramatic entrance for one of my new creatures, but it won't be ready until at least next week.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 09:09:37 pm »
Ok, here's one of my first creations.  The name and story came long after I made it, though.

The Factimilitus:

The Factimilitii were created to be warriors for another species.  Their name comes from the Latin facticius militis, or artificial soldier. (yes, the race that created them spoke Latin.  Why not?) By universal standards they are not that strong or intimidating, but they were made by a rather small species, and were powerful enough for their needs.  A Factimilitus has a natural love for battle, and is relentless in combat.  In the beginning they served their masters willingly, but eventually tried to rebel.  As punishment they were put into slavery and forced to serve in non-combatant roles.  But their masters eventually had pity and gave the Factimilitii freedom and their own planet.  The Factimilitii continue to serve their creators, and fight countless wars between themselves when their services aren't needed.  Wars have been fought over the most petty reasons.  The War of Domocles, for instance, began when Domocles' neighbor accidentally broke a window while building a fence.  The war claimed over 500,000 casualties.  The Factimilitii have an incredibly high birthrate to support such bloodshed.

I made this just for the heck of it.  Umm, let's say that the Factimilitii enjoy melee combat in their spare time.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 09:32:42 pm »
Sweet

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier