Author Topic: Iinknii (New Creature)  (Read 6051 times)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
Iinknii (New Creature)
« on: December 03, 2006, 05:00:32 pm »
After much thought and consideration i thought of a new creature and decided to draw it up. Here it is:
Iinknii (In-Knee)

(hate that stupid size thingy)

Anatomy
The Iinknii have a trunk which is normally about a meter long. The Iinknii use this to manipulate their surroundings, acting like an arm. On the very tip of the trunk is a small organ that emits supersonic sounds, which reflects back to their hearing organ creating a picture for the Iinknii, they not having 'eyes'. From the tip of the trunk to the beggininng of the legs are several plates of armor, providing protection from enemies. The two thick legs on the Iinknii are used for propulsion. Along with the armored plates is a thin line of hair which used to provide some warmth but are mostly useless now. When walking the Iinknii usually lifts up its trunk and curls it in to provide better balance.

(More info to come...)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 06:30:15 pm by josasa »

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Iinknii (New Creature)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 07:17:38 pm »
nice, i like the sonic waves thing.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline El_Buro

• Revenging Yar
  • Crusher of spines.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 09:40:31 pm »
Wouldn't tend to fall over when it grabs things?

"Could you pass me that pike?"
"Sure thing.....whoa!"
*Impaled*

1st question: Do they use echolocation over eyes as an adaption? Or do you just like the idea?

2nd question: Why do they no longer require there fur/ hair between the plates?

Cool stuff! ;D

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 11:29:05 pm »
This is a cool creature. It is very simple yet well thought out. I suspect this will be a successful creature on the forums.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 01:16:28 pm »
Thanks guys.

@El Buro
I was thinking over the grabbing things part too and what i came up with is this:
1. The middle of the trunk touches the ground while the tip does the actual grabbing
2. The Iinknii lean backwards as the trunk moves forwards. It would look weird but oh well.

1st Question: They never evolved with eyes, evolution never selected that.

2nd Question: Over time their skin grew thicker, capturing more heat. With this most of their hair/fur fell off. Only the thin line down the "spine" is still there.

More info soon!

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 02:22:33 pm »
Here's the new info on the creature plus some pictures:

These are Iinknii motherships. They're about 50km, the largest (the capital of the Iinknii race) is basically a moving city, about 150km large. Most of the population lives in the center orb, while a monorail system transports things around it. The 'cockpit' is actually a few km big. This is basically the control center and adminstration area, the mayors of the several areas and the governor of the city have stations here. Each of these ships has its own small military branch.

History
Beginning
Long ago, only several copies of information were retrieved from the legendary burning of the planet, it was said that the Iinknii had inhabited a home planet. But it was robbed of them from an enourmous fleet of unknown origin. This fleet was said to have covered the entire sun upon approach with other sections of equal size coming in every direction. The only other time the entire enemy fleet was seen again was at the Grand Meeting. Several other conflicts occurred, but it was only between small portions of the enemy fleet and the Iinknii.

Over time the Iinknii were able to slightly rebuild their fleet, until, in time, their own fleet rivaled that of the enemy. Several times in the past both fleets had engaged each other, but the loses were enourmous on both sides, leaving time for rehealing to occur. But that was in the past. The last few hundred years had been peaceful for the Iinknii, ever since the win at the Grand meeting, but they still kept an enourmous military in operation, and never chose to stay in the same place, thus they never inhabited another planet. They moved from system to system scrounging systems from the asteroids fields or planets. They ravaged several different species, gaining technology along the way.

The Grand Meeting
Several reports of enemy spottings had been filed, and vast mobilizing of the Iinknii Fleet (or Empire) was carried out. Over a series of several weeks, large battles in several areas of deep space were fought, large amount of casualties on both sides. In the end the Iinknii were victorious, but only 25% of their fleet made it out alive. It took 50 years to regain what they had lost in that battle, but when they came out of it they were more powerful then they had been before. Technology had advanced, smaller races had been conquered, and, most importantly, the fleet had grown. Then they met their first Galactic Assembly...

(more to come soon!)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 03:32:30 pm by josasa »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 02:31:28 pm »
Interesting creature.  It looks like a snake in the middle of eating some other animal.

Are we going to get any info on the "enemy?"
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 03:31:56 pm »
Yeah, eventually. I was just focusing on them at this point, but the 'enemy' will most likely reappear soon.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 03:57:52 pm »
reminds me of the mother spheres
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2006, 04:30:27 pm »
I have a question.  If the Iinknii can't see how can they navigate a ship through space?  Much less get to space?  Wouldn't they need to see where they're going, you can't really use echolocation in a vaccuum or to find things lightyears away.  I'm not saying its impossible, I just wanna know how it works.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2006, 04:33:21 pm »
I understand and here's my explanation.

Humans can't see across the galaxy excluding stars. Sometimes the Iinknii catch 'radio chatter' from nearby suns, but they don't 'see' them persay. Plus, at this point they have instruments to tell them where they're going.

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2006, 04:48:06 pm »
So do the Iinknii have a "radio-sense" persay?  That would be pretty cool, seeing radiowaves, I be the sky would look a heck of alot different if we could see our radio channels flying throug the air!  (I know, it probly wouldn't really be exactly like "sight" but you know what I mean)

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2006, 05:04:24 pm »
Nice creature...  ;D
Althouhg it really does look a little unbalanced...maybe you should give it a short tail or something in addition to the rolling up its trunk to keep balance.

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2006, 05:05:21 pm »
Here's some more info about the Iinknii's history.
History Beginning (cont.)
Post Grand Meetin, Pre Galactic Assembly
After the Grand Meeting the Iinknii underwent a large rebuilding time, starting most of their fleet from scratch. New ships were designed and put into production, a large population boom rocked the Iinknii race, and the fleet kept on growing. By the time the Iinknii met their first Galactic Assembly they were larger and stronger than they had ever been before.

First Galactic Assembly
Contact with the First Galactic Assembly was made on the year 7684. A huge array of species (much like our current assembly, although weaker and less advanced in technology. Keep in mind, this was a while ago) were present at the first meetings, but they didn't go too well. Most of the species called for the Iinknii to leave, not wanting a powerful race present in their galaxy, and several factions within the Iinknii called for the conquering of the species. They argued that the Iinknii should keep moving on, stripping the areas they found of anything useful. This only caused the already large rift between the Iinknii and the Galactic Assembly to widen.

On the first day of 7685 war was declared on the Iinknii by the Galactic Assembly. What ensued was disatrous for the aggressors. The Iinknii, skilled in fighting in outer space, quickly decimated the Galactic Assembliy's fleets, cutting off communications and trade between the many different races. Planetary systems fell, technology was harvested, and small contignents were taken of each race while the rest were left to live out the rest of their lives on useless planets.

By the end of the war, the Iinknii had lost what amounted to an E Fleet. But this was nothing seeing as the size of the fleet at the time before the war amounted to a collection of 10,000 E Fleets overall (an E Fleet consists of 5 carrier groups. A Carrier Group consists of one carrier, one battleship, two cruisers, four transports, and four destroyers. Sometimes a mothership or two is tacked on with these groups). What the Iinknii gained were the resources for another 10,00 E Fleets, although they didn't focus all their resources on the fleet. Many new technologies were acquired from the Galactic Assembly, the entire Iinknii race benefitting as a whole.

EDIT:
@ nuclear: That's pretty much it, they use the radio waves to bounce off things. They also have a system of using 'visible light' (by our standards) to transport, much the way we use radio waves to transport messages.

@ aligon: While they may look unbalanced, they have pretty strong back muscles, much like our arms or legs. They're used to moving around like that so balance doesn't really affect them.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 05:09:06 pm by josasa »

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 11:18:49 am »
I like them a great deal.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.