Author Topic: Shipping Woes  (Read 2104 times)

Offline BPM

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Shipping Woes
« on: April 19, 2006, 09:56:32 pm »
Here's the story: After a couple of months saving money for a new computer I finally got to order all the parts I needed from NewEgg two days ago. I paid a couple of bucks extra to have it shipped overnight via FedEx.
I got home this evening expecting to find the boxes at my house but instead I find only my new HD (which was shipped via UPS from a different location). I check my tracking numbers online and find that supposibly the packages were delivered to my front door at 1:30 in the afternoon (which is total crap since I was actually home at that time and didn't see the FedEx truck even pass by my street).
I filed a complain over the phone but I'm still pretty worried about the whereabouts of my new computer components. My video card and PSU are supposed to arrive tomorrow via FedEx. I hope that doesn't go missing also...

What I really what to know is: do any of you guys have any shipping horror stories also? Or am I the only one who ever gets his packages misplaced?  :P

Currently playing:

Rocket Slime (DS)             Guitar Hero II (PS2)
Resistance (PS3)               Zelda (Wii)

So many good games, so little time...

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Woes
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 03:37:19 pm »
I ordered something of the internet and it was supposed to arrive today. The tracking shipment says that they delivered it at 10 this morning. I don't know if I will even get it.

By the way, did you ever get your computer?

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 04:26:26 pm »
Wow the 1st post was from April. Anyway don't they make u sign for something when it gets deleivered. Ussually if nobody his home when something is deleivered they just live card with a number written on it to pick it up at the nearest post office. At least thats what happens around here.

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 05:10:07 pm »
Wow the 1st post was from April. Anyway don't they make u sign for something when it gets deleivered. Ussually if nobody his home when something is deleivered they just live card with a number written on it to pick it up at the nearest post office. At least thats what happens around here.

maybe this is an australian thing because I've never gotten a package I didnt have to sign for. The signature indicates that all goods were in perfect condition on arrival so if something is broken and you sign for it, its your fault not theirs. If that happened in australia and you didn't sign for it then they're liable. I'm pretty surprised it isn't the same situation over there.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 06:17:04 pm »
Yeah thats what I was saying. I'm sure you have to sign for packages in most places around th world.If you never signed for anything I'd be making many complaints.

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 06:47:23 pm »
What I ordered was just a t-shirt. You have to sign for all orders over $150 but mine was only $20.

This is what I ordered, what do you think?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 06:50:43 pm by Pando »

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 08:43:03 pm »
We have to sign for pretty much everything if you aren't home they just leave it at the near by post office and tell you to come collect it.

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 08:49:04 pm »
Good news everyone! When I got home from the gym the package was on my doorstep. I am not sure in the FedEx guy delivered it to the wrong place or if he delievered it for the first time. Either way I got what I ordered.   :)

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 06:24:04 am »

maybe this is an australian thing because I've never gotten a package I didnt have to sign for. The signature indicates that all goods were in perfect condition on arrival so if something is broken and you sign for it, its your fault not theirs. If that happened in australia and you didn't sign for it then they're liable. I'm pretty surprised it isn't the same situation over there.

Happens in England too. You have to sign for stuff to prove that they delivered it when they said they did and in good condition.

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 09:07:10 pm »
Here in Cali they usually just drop it at the door unless its alcohol or the sender specifically requested a signature.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 10:01:53 pm »
Here in Cali they usually just drop it at the door unless its alcohol or the sender specifically requested a signature.

Yeah, but it depends really... if its something large they make you sign, but if its like a little box they leave it on your doorstep or behind a chair or something.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 01:28:20 am »
I'm glad I'm not the only one, it seems like lately everyone has been screwing up, especially UPS.  I had an Ebay order from the US take over a month to arrive, an order from EB entered and Left Canada three times before arriving. An Amazon order of mine stopped at no less then four other cities before finally being delivered, cities which are in the opposite direction.

To top it all off I got a $2.70 charge for UPS shipping, even though it wasn't C.O.D, I still paid the guy the $2.70 when he dropped it off AND all my shipping was already paid for when I bought the item.  I'm at the point I don't really care about it, I've written enough angry emails to UPS, and all I get are these pre-written emails. I don't know what it is but since .. July around it feels like none of the major delivery services, including Canada Post, can do anything right.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 05:35:34 pm »
My friend ordered an Ipod that came through Canada and to a location near his house. Then, the Ipod went back to Candada, then to where he lived.