Author Topic: Python Bursts After Eating Gator  (Read 12177 times)

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
Re: Python Bursts After Eating Gator
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2005, 01:57:27 pm »
I got to show this to my friend!

We were debating on which would win a snake or a crocodile, now I know niether.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2005, 03:44:11 pm »
Humans being social creatures is a good thing and a bad thing. While humans can work together, they also tend to have a bad habit of working against one another. Simple fact of life. If people arr gathered together, eventually they'll start screwing each other over for their own benefit.
But not individually, first they would split into factions, each with a leader, leaders would be overthrown, factions would split and re-join but a human acting alone is a pretty rare occurence, most of them are insane.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2005, 05:56:03 pm »
the best air formation though is a race combo:

protoss carriers for swarming interceptors
terran BCs for heavy firepower
protoss scouts are the best fighters in the game
contrary to popular opinion, mutalisks are NOT the best fighters in the game, although they are better for combat A-t-G, which is distinct from..
zerg guardians for bombing
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 08:09:00 pm »
Remember this?

I watched a Discovery documentary recently following up on this story. The pythons are invading the swamps in Florida and competing with the gators for food. They determined that this gator was already injured in the head by a bite from another gator and the snake took advantage of the injured one. The other gator came back when the snake couldn't move because it was full and took a bite out of it too. So the snake didn't really burst open, had it been left alone, it would have digested the entire thing.

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2006, 10:02:14 pm »
Yea, I've heard that the pythons are become quite the problem in Florida. I was probably watching the same program as you a few months back. Did you see the dog they're using to hunt those things down? If I remember correctly it was just a little beagle that would make a nice afternoon snack a good size python.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2006, 10:10:30 pm »
This stories ancient...ok that's an over exaduration more like a month or so (so It on forteen times ages ago)...anyway I was reading the first 2 pages and almost died laughing :D My Idea for the but naked swamp arena fight...lure the alligator towards you and the snake then run behind the alligator then get It to rear up and run under It and over and under etc etc...and have the python follow you so they get tangled up...then they fight to the death or roll around or whatever then you set the swamp gas on fire with 2 pieces of rock or flint...or do a rain dance and pray for lightning...

and to the story on hand. Unlucky Buggers.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2006, 08:53:13 am »
Humans are very, very outmatched in nature. Just know that.

Not really,
addendum to scenario: Since humans are naturally social animals you can also have two friends to help you fight the reptiles, theyre still going to be toolless and starkers though.

Stop complaining about the lack of clothes and help me invent the bow, or there'll be no alligator-meat for any of us tonight.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2006, 03:42:08 pm »
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2006, 03:55:28 pm »
Let's face it folks, humans aren't really that good at surviving. We have no natural weapons or defenses. No protective covering of fur, hide, or scales. In truth, we're just really funny-looking animals with unnaturally big heads. The one thing we do have going for us is our intelligence

^^^Well actually, humans have quite alot of natural weapons that i tihnk most people dont realize, infact i just found this out while in my martial arts class. Elbows when used properly are like knives and im sure alot of people who have watched UFC have seen people get cut right open when hit by an elbow. When you ram with the elbow it can break things easly and the knees are very deadly. However i doubt one would be able too pull off knees and elbows against many types of animals out there except for maybe wolves or things of the sort. I agree with you however when it comes down too it Humans one on one vs almost any type of animal out there were basicly screwed.

An alligator on the land might be easy too take on for someone who has common sense, but Alligators can still do the death roll and then we would be ****ed up. Snakes on the other hand have that blinding speed, heck if its a poisinous snake one bite and it can just scurry off while we fall down and die. A python even tho it may not have a good bite (Im not sure im just going off what ive read from this post), if they bite us we may just be dazed and confused from the pain and blood of the bite alone. Besides its almost impossible for a human too defeat a snake in melee combat, they are slippery and can slide out of our grip and we just cant injure them that easly. If it came down too me being a basic man who doesnt have any clothes or weapons I would try too get weapons as fast i could and stay in a tree that way if i got attacked i would at least stand a chance of stabbing the snake. If it was an alligator like i said stay in the trees haha.

Also Humans are very intelligent creatures, we are great survivalists how do you think we managed too get all the way up too where we are now when we started with nothing...survival :)
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2006, 04:34:23 pm »
I'm very interested in reptiles, so my idea in an arena fight would be:

First, find moss or some sort of covering to put over the snakes head, this way, the snake can't see anything and i can let the croc take care of it. then, i would try to fashion some sort of net, and tangle that around the crocs mouth, so that i could get it to death roll. eventually, it would lie on its back for a few seconds, that is when i could pierce its softest point, its belly, with a cheap spear.
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2006, 11:03:55 am »
Most Martial arts teach you ways to fight against another human being. Because A)Animals are stupid, B) They are below us and C) it is legal to shoot a great deal of them.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.