Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto 4  (Read 8724 times)

Offline King

• Breakout Battler
  • I am Not Good at Thinking of Personal Textes
    • View Profile
Grand Theft Auto 4
« on: June 20, 2005, 04:22:20 pm »
No, I don't know anything about it. Just wondering what all the people here would want from it. Personally, I think it should be set in the future. Stealing hovercars, killing hookers on Mars and so on. Yeah, that'd be cool.

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Theft Auto 4
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 04:36:35 pm »
Multiplayer!!!!  Seriously, why don't they get their priorities straight?

Maybe some MMO action!

Oh yeah there has to be an unlockable Batmobile!

And finally, the superman code.  They came close in SA with the mega jump and super strength but...i want some heat ray vision and flying capabilities.

It would also be cool if there was a suicide pill for when you bail out of the jet and land in the middle of the ocean (takes forever to drown yourself with max health).

Offline Ameg

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 08:40:40 pm »
Multiplayer!!!! Seriously, why don't they get their priorities straight?

Maybe some MMO action!

Oh yeah there has to be an unlockable Batmobile!

And finally, the superman code. They came close in SA with the mega jump and super strength but...i want some heat ray vision and flying capabilities.

It would also be cool if there was a suicide pill for when you bail out of the jet and land in the middle of the ocean (takes forever to drown yourself with max health).

Whats better than the future? You said it...the past! Based in the late Renaissance early Revolutionary War colony days, you get to steal all the horses in sight. Drab work horses, big war horses, and sleek, sexy fast ones. Experience escaping slavery in the South, the gang activity of New York, and the illegal tea trafficing underworld of Boston. Slaughter Indians, French, and even your former allies the British in this years blockbuster! Don't forget to visit the voluptuous women of the town brothel.  ;D

But seriously I would want to see more customization in GTA 4. They made a step in the right direction with clothes in SA, but this time they should make everything about the main character customizable. Race/gender/clothes/hair. Multiplayer would be nice although I can make do with SA-MP and MTA-SA for now. Somewhere outside of America maybe. Tokyo, London, Paris, and other major cities. Not sure if size should get bigger though, SA was pretty freakin huge. One thing they should do is come out with new cars continuosly after launch. Add a new car once a week or something, ala Total Annihilation. Multiple user radio stations with their own titles so I can have stations with different music, rap station, rock station, country station, ect. Obviously a new graphics engine, their current one is kinda dated. Pretty much expand on the good and minimize the bad. They have a good formula here, just gota keep it fresh with each release.

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 11:38:42 pm »
It would be cool if they had download-able story content, or missions....You cou play the mission where  you go on a killing spree, or you could play as the cop trying to cath the bad guy.  But using different characters. 

Changing gender/age/race would really hurt the realism of the franchise but I like your other ideas :)

Maybe they should increase the realsim a bit...stealing cars won't be so easy anymore, you can picklock parked cars (initiate R&C type minigame puzzle), and the car customization could be more significant.  Some other cool things could be insurance, pedestrian muggers, undercover police prostitutes, illegal chinese restaraunt gambling (complete with occasional raid), ability to get a job/career (surgeon, drug dealer, pizza boy, cop, stripper, hitman, hacker, etc.), and finally car washes that work! 

And it better not take so long to change anymore...in MGS3 camo change is instant and seamless.  Some people say it's to preserve the realism since it takes some time to change, but then how come it takes like 4 seconds for a car respray?

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 11:52:30 pm »
Oh yeah and, squad based police action.  So you just crashed into a wall during a high speed police change?  Just switch to the closest car like a sports game.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 03:31:08 am »
London perhaps?

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 03:40:47 am »
Multiplayer!!!! Seriously, why don't they get their priorities straight?
Maybe some MMO action!
Multi Theft Auto  Pretty cool stuff
http://www.mtavc.com/

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 04:03:29 am »
Riddle me this!

how do you jack a floating car?

how do you simulate artificial gravity for space cities?

death by vaccume
rail-gun

"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline zaphod

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Didn't yah hear, I come in 6 packs.
    • View Profile
    • Me and my wifes little blog
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 05:32:13 am »
GTA should be put to rest.  Seriously, after GTA 3 what did they really do with the new games?  The basic gameplay is the same, they just changed the maps and added some customobility.  Its like Madden.  Why do you need to keep coming out with a totally new game every year?  Why not team expansion packs?  Guess its just me, I know it will still sell like hot cakes just because its GTA.

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 12:33:50 pm »
I think I read somewhere that the maker of the original GTA (the 2D one) is working on an MMO called All Points Bulletin, which seems to be GTA, but players can play on cops too. I don't know anything else really, but S0lidmetal reminded me of this.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 01:51:25 pm »
I think I read somewhere that the maker of the original GTA (the 2D one) is working on an MMO called All Points Bulletin, which seems to be GTA, but players can play on cops too. I don't know anything else really, but S0lidmetal reminded me of this.

He is APB it looks good.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 02:50:40 pm »
Multiplayer!!!!  Seriously, why don't they get their priorities straight?
Maybe some MMO action!
Multi Theft Auto  Pretty cool stuff
http://www.mtavc.com/

Whenever I think of GTA I think of the PS.  Sure you can get mods and custom radio on the PC but I just like it better on a console.

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 03:27:55 am »
Anyone seen this game 25 to life yet?

From what I hear, It's pretty brutal.  Apparently, you go online in "gangs" and battle other players who are cops.
On a side note, check out this post on their message board.  I think the kid is serious.

From an IGN article:
  June 20, 2005 - Senator Charles Schumer of New York is seeking to ban 25 to Life, the upcoming crime-themed title from Eidos, according to various reports today. Schumer says that the game "lowers common decency" by having players kill police officers and use innocents as human shields.
  Schumer is trying to prevent stores from stocking the game, and is asking console manufacturers Sony and Microsoft to pull Eidos' license to publish the title.
25 to Life lets players fight as either cops or gangsters. In the latter scenario, you'll lead a life of crime to climb the ranks of your fellow thugs.
  The game is clearly inspired by crime-ridden titles such as Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto series, but Schumer sees Eidos' offering as much worse: "25 To Life makes Grand Theft Auto look like Romper Room," he said.
Of course, games with violent or mature content are appropriately labeled by the ESRB's rating code. 25 to Life has been given a rating of "M" for Mature, meaning the game is only intended for players age 17 and older.
So far, no other politicians or community eaders have publicly joined Schumer in his campaign against the game.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 03:40:23 am by danzik »

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 04:17:53 am »
GTA should be put to rest.  Seriously, after GTA 3 what did they really do with the new games?  The basic gameplay is the same, they just changed the maps and added some customobility.  Its like Madden.  Why do you need to keep coming out with a totally new game every year?  Why not team expansion packs?  Guess its just me, I know it will still sell like hot cakes just because its GTA.

Did you ever see a sequel to a game that DID make huge changes?  Rockstar found a formula that works and their sticking with it.  Franchises usually change very litte, for example: We Love Katamari, Metal Gear Solid 2, Sly Cooper 2, Every Pokemon game, etc, etc.

And as far as I'm concerned the game has change ALOT since GTA3.  I mean I don't remember any of these things in GTA3:
  • jets
  • girlfriends
  • gambling
  • hovercrafts
  • triathlons
  • gang system
  • gang wars
  • customizable cars
  • bikes
  • motorcycles
  • monster trucks
  • stadium games