Author Topic: What's the worst accident you've ever had?  (Read 6646 times)

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
Re: What's the worst accident you've ever had?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 04:47:01 pm »
You know that "don't follow anyone directly behind them" rule they tell you when you go Jet Skiiing? My black-sheep unkle didn't know that and was 'chasing me' on a jet ski...I hit a rogue wave and started to fall down (I'm not a very good jet skiier) and my uncle hit me at full speed. Because I was left handed, i held onto the craft and turned it so the craft was between me and my uncle...and he went off my craft like a ramp. Had I been right handed, I would have rotated the craft so that I was directly in the line of his craft. Given the speed he was going, and that he was on a 3 person jet ski with 4 people on it, I would have been killed.

Then I was dragged to see "Theres something about Mary" right after wards. Nothing like a near-death experiance to put you in the mood for "Theres something about Mary"  :-\
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 07:25:26 pm »
Let's hear it for being left handed!

Offline DarkLordofChaosX

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2005, 05:01:02 pm »
hmm lets see, a few things...

I was on my bike, had to swerve to avoid traffic, ended up flipping over a pothole. Part of my wrist was sliced open, got infected, got really scared I was gonna lose my right hand, luckily antibiotics saved me.

Umm, I cracked my skull open once (semi-small break). The best part is that I didn't realize it until my mom was rubbing the spot to see if everything was ok and when she pulled her hand back, it was covered in blood.

I once cracked my collar bone after diving into pavement to catch a frisbee during an ultimate frisbee game (We ended up winning. )

I was once hit in the chest with a baseball bat by my brother (accident... supposedly) luckily nothing broke.

And I think thats about it..
Monkeys with guns? :-D

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2005, 03:03:34 am »
The worst accident I was ever involved in was when I was driving school buses. I was going down a main road in my bus at about 40mph (71 passenger 40ft bus, with my load I was at about 14tons) when a guy in a Ford Festiva (tiny car) blew a stop sign in front of me. I hit him square (T-boned him). I couldn't see the car, the hood was in the way, but all I saw was a shower of glass down the road in front of me and the scream of rubber followed by a tons of noise.

The kids were all screaming, the air stank of burned rubber, my hood (fiberglass) was smashed, the mirrors on it hanging down, steam rising in the air (my radiator snapped out of its mounts and in to the engine fan) and I could just make out the top of the car.

I checked on the kids, but nobody was hurt. I then grabbed my fire extinguisher and first aid kit and ran aournd front to see what was left of the guy I hit. He was sitting in his car staring at the big GMC emblem on my hood. I'm guessing he was in shock, he didn't say anything, but he was alive. There wasn't a fire risk so I jumped back on my bus and called for the emergency vehicles.

This guy had minor injuries and walked to the ambulance (after the fire department cut his car open).

The car was destroyed. Near as I can tell, had he been a fraction of a second sooner or later I would have caught him with the corner of the bus rather than the whole front bumper (a 8.5 foot wide 1 foot high flat steel beam) and probably folded his car over like you'd crush a pop can under your foot. All four tires were flat. The two right side rims were broken, the two left side rims (I hit him on the left side) were bent, the suspension had snapped and folded under the car. The left side of the car had been pushed in about six inches. There was no glass intact anywhere on the car. There was some of the guys hair in the grill of my bus (stuck in the GMC emblem). The whole car had been twisted in the crash and none of the doors would open. The dashboard had folded up in to where the rear-veiw mirror used to be, his exhaust system had torn free and was under my front right tire.

I'd seen worse bus accidents in my seven years, but this was the worst I'd been involved in directly.

-Lego
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 06:38:11 am by Legodragonxp »

Online sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2005, 04:43:21 am »
3 way tie.

-Choked on a life saver (yes i know they have a hole but i was choking none the less)
-electracuted when plugging in a radio.
-a door hit me in the head in school. I fell down i got an inch long cut in my head.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master