Author Topic: Blue Dragon to Span Three Disks! OH NOES!  (Read 3739 times)

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Dragon to Span Three Disks! OH NOES!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 12:30:17 pm »
I think a lot of the reason for this is that it's being done by Sakaguchi. That man LOVES him some FMV. Always has. So I'm not surprised by the amount of disc space it requires, though there's no way anyone is going to convince me that it's taking up that much room due to all the content in it. [I've heard this on some sites, so I wanted to address it.] Oblivion didn't even do that.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 04:19:37 pm »
I hate switching discs, especially when it isn't necessary. I have had to endure 4 CD games now for years because people can't figure out how to buy a DVD drive. I could never leave my computer alone when installing with multiple CD's because I would have to switch discs every two seconds!  Why use something inferior that just requires more work when a other better and faster option is available to you.

But that is when you are installing a game on a PC, which requires you to switch every few minutes. Games with multiple discs only require you to switch discs every tens of hours. And even then, you only have to switch the discs once.

Multiple disks really aren't a big deal. I'd rather have a game come on 2 or 3 discs rather than spend hundreds of dollars on a Blu-ray drive.

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 05:21:20 pm »
It isn't like it's gonna be switching back and forth all the time, I dare say it'll be the first half of the game on one disk and the second half of the game on the other, just like Final Fantasy used to do. This means that you will change the DVD a grand total of...once. I dont see how that is a problem...
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!